What's your DK spec of choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your DK spec of choice?

Personally I'm LOVING Blood. But I'm interested to see what everyone else is doing and how Unholy and Frost are working out for others.
    Current spec at 60 is
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: What's your DK spec of choice?

When i start playing soon i found a few good specs: 1 being with blood and other being with frost so ill try them out and let y ou know, ill get link sfor them later on byut the Blood spec is 46/13/12 and Frost is 14/52/5. I noticed a lot of DK's are moving in full spec in blood to level up.

Zn

Comment

From what I remember some theorycrafting Sajier did a few months back Blood is good for leveling because you can heal yourself and thus cut down the downtime between fights. Basically you become a self regenerating killing machine which is a plus for grinding the XP.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMZhxZbg0htcog0sMfout is what I will be going for with Chyron.

I used this spec in Beta and it worked out great. I leveled as Blood there, though.

This time I'm leveling pretty much along side this spec, and I haven't run into any major stalling points yet. I recover enough health with Blood Aura, and Death Strike, that When soloing, unless I come up against a mob designed for 3-5 people to kill, I don't have much trouble.

And I have an awesome pet.

I tried Frost for about 20 minutes. I just couldn't get into it. It may be the greatest spec out there, but I won't use it, so who knows.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I've been using Unholy through 63 and what I love about it is grabbing up to 8 mobs at a time and laying waste. It almost seems unfair that a percent of each disease returns as health to me with each Death Strike. I usually end up at full health after such a fight.

With multiple mobs I use:
          Icy-Plague Str.-Pestilence-Blood Boil-Death Str. and then use Coil, Death Str. and Blood boil as they come up.
          Last edited by USN_Squid; 11-17-2008, 11:55 PM.
          New to TG?

Comment

I will be going Frost on mine as I am building him as a tank and will level him as such.

Blood was great for leveling because the downtime was non-existant, but unholy also does very well because of the great AE damage.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Blood is great for 1v1 and decreased downtime. On the other hand unholy is pretty decent with AoE via Pestilence. I've tried both but have not found one to be much faster than the other. It really depends on your playstyle.
              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I tried Unholy yesterday. I didn't care that much for it. I died 4 times in less than 2 hours b/c I couldn't keep my life up high enough with 4+ mobs beating on me.
                I've taken 5+ with Blood several times, Rune Tapping once and still walking out with 60% health.
                Like Fall3n said though, all depends on your play style.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Just out of curiosity,

For you guys leveling unholy, how do you plan to fill out your tree as you level?

I've traditionally gone deep into the spec of choice for my other toons, then picked up talents in the offspec trees as those become available.

This time, I'm having a hard time justifying saying no to the upper tier talents in all of the DK trees. I suppose it doesn't matter too much, as we get the points rather quickly, but I'm still undecisive.

Comment

At 66 or so I'm thinking about switching over and leveling up a 0/46/27 build, might not be the most effective but ill have some fun toys to play with. Corpse Explosion, Garg, Howling Blast and Frost Strike should be good times even if its not the most effective. If not that ill stay unholy I'm number one on kills and dmg in battle grounds so far that ive tried and when soloing things die before i lose much health. Also as a side note night elfs rock pull a ton of mobs let your pet hit them all when your low health shadowmeld he keeps tanking you can sit down eat bandage when your health is back at a decent place you get right back into the fight its quite nice.

Comment

I'm going up to 16/0/55 and see how effective it is with raiding before I switch.
                      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                        I've been using Unholy through 63 and what I love about it is grabbing up to 8 mobs at a time and laying waste. It almost seems unfair that a percent of each disease returns as health to me with each Death Strike. I usually end up at full health after such a fight.
                        Sounds like a Warlock draintank spec.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X