X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...now THAT'S dedication!

Originally posted by MMOChampion.com
    Kel'thuzad, Sartharion, and Malygos world first kill by TwentyFifthNovember
    You might remember this news from a few days ago, most of the members from the top PvE guilds Nihilum and SK-Gaming merged in a single guild temporarily called TwentyFifthNovember.

The question is, how much time will it take to see them getting world first kills on raid bosses ? Easy, about 65 Hours and 30 minutes. Wrath of the Lich King was activated on european servers at 22:00 CEST and TwentyFifthNovember killed Kel'thuzad today at 15:30 CEST, and they also killed Sartharion the Onyx Guardian before that. Only Malygos was left and he just died at 18:45 CEST.

Yes we're talking about 25 man raid instances, it took them less than 3 days (68 Hours and 30 minutes) to get enough people to build a decent raid and down these bosses, it looks like the competition won't be easy in the future. It also means that they already cleared all the PvE content in Wrath of the Lich King and will have to wait for the next content patch 3.1 to have a chance to explore the Ulduar Raid instance.

Below is a small statement from their site.

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculated in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

Malygos down…
    Getting 25 people leveled to 80 and clearing all PvE content less than 3 days after launch. I'm sure it helped that they probably had the Naxx encounters down pat, but still an impressive feat. Pretty sure gear is a non-issue for these raids unless you want to make a case for them farming the 'appropriate gear' in their 65 hour lightning run.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: ...now THAT'S dedication!

Gratz, i guess. They probably ran a bunch of it in beta as well. Nice that they threw in the statement of the demands of the large casual base... which really to them is everyone but about 4 guilds. Never made sense to me why you would rush through it all. Now at least they have more time to QQ about "casuals" ruining the game ;).
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Sure sounds like good news for us casual players. I don't want to run the same instance over and over and over and over.... I have other things to do this year. (Like the new Tomb Raider, for example. And cleaning up the overgrowth in my yard.)
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have often wondered why Blizzard never created uber servers for these uber wow geeks. Crank everything up about 10 notches and let them gush over their greatness.

Probably because they wouldn't actually play those servers because they couldn't lord it over others?

Anyway, I am with scratch, kinda. My highest character is 39 or 40 (haven't played in a month) after getting the game a month after it's release. I just enjoy goofing around and I doubt I will ever be in a raid.
        I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I recall that Blizzard created some uber arena servers, but since I wasn't into that, I didn't track how that turned out.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X