New Laptop!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laptop!

I just bought a new laptop (my first actually :row1_7:)
    Anyway THIS is what I got.
    My question is this. I have read some forums online about the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. It's pretty much 1-1 on the good/bad ratio (excluding the "All Integrated SUXS!!1!" kinds of comments). Has anyone used this specific Graphics Card and can tell me Ye or Ne on whether it will run WoW. Doesn't have to be MAX graphics, even Low will be ok. In terms of WoW it will be used for Leveling and such, not Raiding. That way I can Level while under the heating blanket or upstairs instead of in the 43 degrees in my room lol

EDIT
    If I hadn't been a Noob I would've seen the $25 2 Gig Ram upgrade. So the RAM will be up to 2 Gig as soon as I get paid lol.
    Last edited by caldsteven; 11-20-2008, 09:52 AM.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: New Laptop!

Well I can tell you that I've been using a 3-4 year old labtop which also has an integrated video card and it still runs WoW ok...so in the assumption that you got a new computer, I'm betting that your card is way better than mine so you'll be fine in running WoW.
    "It is a FALSE lie!!!"

Comment

...and...word from a co-worker of mine...

If you are running Windows Vista, the frame rate in WoW with only 1 Gig of RAM is not so hot. With 2 Gigs, that issue goes away. He was shocked at the improvement. Your mileage may vary!
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
        ...and...word from a co-worker of mine...

If you are running Windows Vista, the frame rate in WoW with only 1 Gig of RAM is not so hot. With 2 Gigs, that issue goes away. He was shocked at the improvement. Your mileage may vary!
        The same is true of XP64. I can tell you that from personal experience. But if you run WoW under Wine with 1 GB, you get much better performance. Linux isn't such a hardware pig. (I'm set up to dual-boot.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hi Caldsteven, I am not sure about your particular graphics accelerator question, but I do have a link to an article with some tips on how to make WOW run better in Windows Vista. Take a look at it and see if any of the advice will help. : wwwdotcompmauidotcom/blog/3-things-you-can-do-make-world-warcraft-run-faster-vista.php . The advice pretty much applies across all Graphic Cards/Accelerators as long as they are compatible with the game.
          Rick- Windows Outreach Team

Comment

Thanks guys.

Thanks Rick, I'll give that a shot and see if it helps. It's supposed to arrive today! =D

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X