Caution regarding raid lockouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution regarding raid lockouts

Apparently there is a bug where, upon zoning into a raid instance where others (presumably the raid leader) are already saved, you can become saved to that raid ID instantly. This happens even though you have not fought a single boss, trash mob, or received any loot.

This just happened to me with a 10-man Archavon run and the responding GM, while acknowledging the issue, indicated there is no resolution to unlock you from that raid for the cycle. Just wanted to spread fair warning to be careful when zoning in (I was joining group for a 25-man run that had just finished their 10-man, and they had not yet changed it to heroic).
    sigpic

Re: Caution regarding raid lockouts

What they need to do is make a pop up box that says "Zoning into this instance will save you to it, are you sure you want to do this?".

Problem solved

Comment

That's actually exactly what the 'blues' have indicated they're likely to do, though it may not be in till 3.1
      sigpic

Comment

Um...that's not a bug. That's called idiocy. I'm pretty sure that if you have an empty RaidID and enter a raid instance you'll assume the raidID of the raid. I think it's been that way since classic or it'd definately be annoying if you couldn't replace anyone from the original 40 raiders.

The only 'bug' related to that issue if I can recall is when you don't inherit the RaidID. In which case the only way to get it is to have either be summoned in or have everyone exit and re-enter the instance.

Though on the individual saves the raid leader will always pass on their RaidID to others if they enter the instance. You'd have to be monumentally retarded to start a raid for an instance you've already cleared...or a griefer. Either or. If you're not the raid leader its possible to save others to your instance if you're the first one in or made an assistant so others can join you to finish your saved raid.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

There's a difference between (1) zoning into a saved raid ID (where bosses have already been downed) and assuming that ID once you've participated putting down a boss, and (2) zoning into a saved raid ID, doing nothing, but being locked from that point.

The point being, there was a blue post indicating that this was *not* working as intended, and they would be addressing it in an upcoming patch, likely by a pop-up window to confirm acceptance of being saved to the raid.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
            Um...that's not a bug. That's called idiocy.
            LOL! +1 Trarenth, couldn't say better =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X