Armor Sets- Lightforge and Valor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Sets- Lightforge and Valor

Many of us have been working on getting a complete armor set these days. I am going for Lightforge, as is CrimsonPally. Candrice and Bleue are working on Valor. I'm sure there are other folks and other sets, but these are the two I know the best. I decided that rather than go around like a chicken with my head cut off, I would look up all of the pieces to my set and make note of where they drop and who drops them. I thought I would share this info with those of you who are looking for the same set, or who eventually will be looking for it. I also looked up Valor, so I will include that info also.

If you are working on a different set and have similar information, please post it to this thread, so that the up and coming folks will have similar resources.

Lightforge Armor Set
    Chest: (657, +13 Str, +21 Sta, +16 Int, +8 Sp) BRS, General Drakkisath
    Bracers: (261,+7 Str, +4 Ag, +10 Sta, +8 Sp) Scholomance, Lord Alexei Barov
    Gauntlets: (386,+14 Str, +9 Sta, +14 Sp) Stratholme, Timmy the Cruel
    Legplates: (557,+20 Str, +8 Ag, +14 Sta, +12 Int, +9 Sp) Stratholme, Baron Rivendare
    Helm: (526,+13 Str, +6 Ag, +20 Sta, +14 Int, +10 Sp) Scholo, Darkmaster Gandling
    Spaulders: (470, +9 Str, +4 Ag, +15 Sta, +11 Int, +5 Sp) BRS, The Beast
    Belt: (341,+10 Str, +9 Sta, +15 Int, +6 Sp) Strat, Rockwing Gargoyle/Screecher
    Boots: (424, +8 Str,+18 Sta,+9 Sp) Strat, Balnazzar (Scarlet Boss)

The set gives these bonuses as more pieces are worn:
    3: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 11.
    5: +30 Attack Power when fighting Undead.
    5: +30 Attack Power when fighting Demons.
    6: +6 All Resistances.
    7: +10% chance to resist Fear spells and effects.
    8: When the victim of a critical hit in combat, 1% chance to be sheathed in a magical shield absorbing the next 500 damage.

Battlegear of Valor Armor Set
    Belt: (341, +14 Str, +7 Ag, +8 Sta, +4 Sp) BRS, Highlord Omokk
    Boots: (424, +8 Str, +4 Ag, +20 Sta, +3 Sp) Scholo, Kirtonos the Herald
    Bracers: (261, +7 Str, +3 Ag, +14 Sta, +2 Sp) BRS, Smolderthorn Axe Thrower, BH Ironguard
    Chest: (657, +15 Str, +10 Ag, +24 Sta, +6 Sp) BRS, General Drakkisath
    Gauntlets: (386, +17 Str, +3 Ag, +10 Sta, +8 Sp) Strat, Ramstein the Gorger
    Helm: (526, +15 Str, +9 Ag, +23 Sta, +8 Sp) Scholo, Darkmaster Gandling
    Legs: (557, +23 Str, +11 Ag, +15 Sta, +4 Sp) Strat, Baron Rivendare
    Spaulders: (470, +11 Str, +9 Ag, +17 Sta) BRS, Warchief Rend Blackand

The set gives these bonuses as more pieces are worn:
    3: +50 Armor.
    5: +20 Attack Power.
    6: When struck in combat inflicts 2 Arcane damage to the attacker.
    7: Restores 5 health every 5 sec.
    8: 1% chance to stun a victim struck in combat for 1 sec.
    Last edited by luna; 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM.

Re: Armor Sets- Lightforge and Valor

I am going to start working on getting the Netherwind Regalia set for my mage once I get a decent level.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I'm gonna make a post about good rogue gear after this, but the hardest thing about this stuff is running the instances enough times to get the drops, esp for the BoP stuff (yes, I know, I'm being Captain Obvious with that point I'm trying to make).

So, should we start organizing 5-mans and raids at preset times, at least for the instances we can do in-guild ? I know that starting Friday I can personally commit to running at least one evening instance every single day for the next 3 weeks. As long as I can get some notice (like a day in advance) I will plan to drop whatever I'm doing at the time and hop on an instance run. I honestly don't even really care that much if I get loot out of it or not, I'd just like more experience working in groups. Anyways, I just think it's gonna be very very difficult for people to complete sets unless we start reserving timeslots where we go on runs for that specific purpose. I'm ready to help you guys get the equipment you need.

Sincerely,

Jamma, lvl 60 elite rogue, at your service :)

Comment

I agree that making nightly runs to particular instances would be helpful to us all in terms of actually getting our sets together. I propose that we make it a point to attempt to gather a 5-man group each night (or 10 man, or raid) to work towards this. If you can't come, no big deal- we know who needs what, and can make sure that if something drops that we already have, we can pass it on to those who still need it within the guild.

Comment

5 manning scholo isnt really a problem, BRS, thats almost impossible w/o a raid 10 man if not 15 id say. I would love to try just taking all the 60's we have to UBRS. What is the official count on our 60th level people? I think it was said we had 12, if we could get 3 58's to go with we could easily all guild 15 man it.

Comment

Adding the stats up I can see why some pallys prefer Valor over Lightforge:

Both Sets have 3622 AC

Strength: 110 valor 94 lf
            Stamina: 131 valor 116 lf

More dmg and more hp, but i think the set bonus' for lightforge are just more boss than valor. I mean +10% resist to fear is boss, and that shield proc is amazing from what i understand. +50 armor is laughable, +20 attack power is totally laughable, 2 ARCANE DAMAGE, 2, CMON!!! And 1 hp a sec, jee, thanks Blizzard. Im so gonna get a set of both just to see which one is more boss. I seriuosly think the lightforge set is where its at, its just more end game geared.

Comment

I would like to know how the Judgement and Lawbringer sets stack up againt these, and if there even worth worrying about.

Comment

I'll get right on that, Barb!

Comment

i saw some guy wearing full lawbringer the other day and if nothing else it looks way cooler than the light forge clone look.
                  frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet
                    Adding the stats up I can see why some pallys prefer Valor over Lightforge:

Both Sets have 3622 AC

Strength: 110 valor 94 lf
                    Stamina: 131 valor 116 lf

More dmg and more hp, but i think the set bonus' for lightforge are just more boss than valor. I mean +10% resist to fear is boss, and that shield proc is amazing from what i understand. +50 armor is laughable, +20 attack power is totally laughable, 2 ARCANE DAMAGE, 2, CMON!!! And 1 hp a sec, jee, thanks Blizzard. Im so gonna get a set of both just to see which one is more boss. I seriuosly think the lightforge set is where its at, its just more end game geared.

The 2 arcane damage is amazing for a warrior due to it causing high threat. It is used as another tool to keep the mobs from leaving you and finding a cloth wearer. Another spec to look into to cause high threat is arcane resistance. It will increase your threat rating greatly, which is why I've been requesting the buff when ever I can.

I agree that 1 HP a second is nothing in the grand sceme of things. Im not sure why they couldn't change that to add 15 to defense.

I wonder how often the stun will proc? because that could be cool if it would once every 5 seconds or so. But I guess Im just dreaming there.
                    Bleue

Comment

Originally posted by Barb
                      I would like to know how the Judgement and Lawbringer sets stack up againt these, and if there even worth worrying about.
                      Per your request, see the newest Epic armor guide!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X