Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paladin Epic Mount Guide

Paladin Epic Mount Guide

Having just recently finished this quest chain along with a few other guild members, I thought it would be helpful to write up a guide for future Pallies to help them in this long, somewhat complex journey.

There are two separate chains that need to be completed to redeem the fallen Charger. Firstly, you will need a Blessed Arcanite Barding. Secondly, you will need a Divination Scryer. Both of the starting quests for these items can be obtained at the same time, and you can complete them individually or work on both chains independently. In the end, all steps of all of these quests will need to be completed.

The following materials make up a complete list of everything you will need (aside from a bit of good luck and a great team to work with) to complete the quests:
    350 Gold
    5 Stratholme Holy Water
    10 Arthas Tears
    40 Runecloth
    6 Arcanite bars
    1 Azerothian Diamond
    1 Pristine Black Diamond

Now, on to the quests!

Part 1: Obtain the Blessed Arcanite Barding:

Quest Title, Location, Quest-giver (with map, if available)
    Step 1: The Work of Grimand Elmore Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker (Pally trainer in the Cathedral District of Stormwind)
    Quest Info: Speak with Grimand Elmore in the Dwarven District of Stormwind regarding the barding you will need.

Step 2: Collection of Goods Stormwind City, Grimand Elmore
    Quest Info: Bring the following items to Grimand Elmore to obtain the barding:
    150 Gold
    10 Arthas Tears
    40 Runecloth
    6 Arcanite Bars

Step 3: Grimand’s Finest Work Stormwind City, Grimand Elmore
    Quest Info: Bring the barding made by Gimand Elmore back to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker, the Paladin trainer in the Cathedral District of Stormwind City for inspection.

Step 4: Ancient Equine Spirit Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
    Quest Info: Take the Arcanite Barding and the Manna-Enriched Horse feed to Dire Maul and kill Tendris Warpwood to free the Equine Spirit.
    Notes: You will need to get the Manna-Enriched Horse Feed from Merideth Carlson in Southshore This will cost you 50 Gold. Doing so will summon a horse that you will speak to, and who will bless the Arcanite Barding for you.
    Strategy for Tendris Warpwood: We managed to get this segment of the quest done via stealth with a few good teammates. It is possible to sneak into Dire Maul West and avoid all of the patrols, so long as you stay together. Tendris Warpwood was rather easy to take down.

Step 5: Blessed Arcanite Barding Dire Maul West, Ancient Equine Spirit (no map available)
    Quest Info: Bring the Blessed Arcanite Barding to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in the Cathedral of Stormwind City.

Part 2: Obtain the Divination Scryer:

Quest Title, Location, Quest-giver (with map, if available)
    Step 1: Emphasis on Sacrifice Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
    Quest Info: Go to the Mystic Ward in Ironforge and speak with High Priest Rohan to receive the Exorcism Censer. You will need to donate 150 Gold to get it.

Step 2: To Show Due Judgement Ironforge, High Priest Rohan
    Quest Info: Return to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in the Cathedral District of Stormwind City with the Censer.

Step 3: Exorcising Terrordale Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
    Quest Info: Travel to Terrordale in the Eastern Plaguelands and kill 25 Terrordale Spirits.
    Notes: To do this, find the green mist that is located in the area, and use your Censer to summon the spirits. Between 1 and 3 spirits will be summoned at a time- you need to slay them. Bringing a friend would make it easier, but this segment is soloable if need be. When you’re finished, return to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in the Cathedral District of Stormwind City.

Step 4: The Divination Scryer Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
    Quest Info: You must bring one Azerothian Diamond and one Pristine Black Diamond to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in the Cathedral of Stormwind City. The diamonds will be combined with the Exorcism Censer you used in the previous quest to create a Divination Scryer, which will be used to summon your fallen charger.

Step 5: Judgment and Redemption Stormwind City, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
    Quest Info: Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker will give you a satchel that contains both the Divination Scryer and the Blessed Arcanite Barding. You must travel to Scholomance and defeat four waves of undead ghosts in the basement of the Great Ossuary by using your Judgments on them, then finally take down Death Knight Darkreaver. Once he has been defeated, you can talk to the lost soul of your charger, give him the Blessed Arcanite Barding, and be able to summon your shiny, spiked new mount.
    Notes: Sounds easy, right? Let me just tell you upfront- this quest is a headache in and of itself, never mind all of the steps previous to this one. It requires a substantial amount of preparation for your team, proper class balance, and a lot of luck. Below is the strategy Tactical Gamer has used successfully numerous times, but not without our share of bumps in the road. Do not be discouraged- this quest is doable, it will just take a lot of practice and patience. It should be noted upfront that if you fail to kill Death Knight Darkreaver, the instance will need to be reset in order for you to attempt it again. You will need to travel to Stormwind and visit Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker to get another satchel with the Divination Scryer and the Blessed Arcanite Barding. Just drop the quest, and he will give it to you again.

Strategy for Judgment and Redemption

What you will need:
    3 Paladins (one on standby)
    2 Mages
    1 Priest

What you will want:
    Major Mana Potions
    Shadow Protection Potions

Initially, you will want to clear the way to the Great Ossuary as rapidly as possible. Your party should consist of 2 Paladins, 2 Mages, and 1 Priest. Of course, you can set up your group with whatever classes you personally would prefer, but our experience so far has shown this to be the best class breakup to get this done as quickly and efficiently as possible. The mages are able to sheep for crowd control, and the damage they can deal as a pair allows you to move rapidly to where you need to go. The basement of the Great Ossuary is the same room that Rattlegore can be found in (downstairs from the Dragonling room). You will need to completely clear this room of all mobs before proceeding to the actual Pally quest. Once the room is clear, swap out one of your mages for a third Paladin (and thank them for their very valuable assistance!). Pass out any Major Mana potions that you have to your teammates, as well as one Shadow Protection Potion each, if you were able to acquire any. The Shadow Protection Potions are for the Shadowed mobs (4th wave). Have the Paladins set up their auras so as to maximize their protection options, but skip the shadow protection aura. Have the priest cast Shadow Protection every 10 minutes to the party- the priest’s spell and the aura do not stack.

To summon the spirits you will need to kill, unpack the satchel Shadowbreaker gave you, and use the divination scryer as far away from your party as possible. You will want your party to group up in the far right corner of the room, with the Paladins lined up in front of your caster and healer, much like a shield wall, to keep them safe. Nominate one Paladin as the “puller” in case you have some straggling mobs after you kill the ones nearest you. Be careful not to overwhelm your party by pulling too many at once- there is no rush to get them all immediately. Take your time and be patient.

Paladins: Each group of undead mobs will be vulnerable to a particular Seal that the Paladins must first cast, then use Judgment to land it on the mobs. When you judge each group of Undead, the proper seal will work as an area of effect on the surrounding mobs, causing significant damage to them and stunning them. It is advisable that the Paladins set up a rotation to maximize the time the mobs spend stunned and thus not hurting your party.

All of your Paladins are advised to have their seals in the following order on their hotbar, as well as their Judgment spell:

Wave 1- Seal of Wisdom (Banality)
    Wave 2- Seal of Justice (Malicious)
    Wave 3- Seal of Righteousness (Corrupted)
    Wave 4- Seal of Light (Shadowed)

At the end of each wave of undead, an Aspect will spawn. Treat him as a mini boss. Your priest is advised to shackle each aspect and allow everyone to sit down for a drink to get their full mana up. Again, there is no rush or time limit, so you can keep the Aspect shackled and reshackled for as long as you need to be in the best possible condition, particularly the 4th aspect, so that maximum mana can be gained before Darkreaver spawns and attacks you immediately.

Darkreaver will cast various spells at your party, including a shadow bolt and possessing your party members. If Priests and Mages follow the recommendations below, and Paladins continue using their seals and judgments (and don’t forget your exorcisms!) against Darkreaver, he will go down relatively smoothly. It’s a tough fight, but not nearly as complicated as the waves of mobs.

Special notes for Priests and Mages

Priests: It’s your job to shield and heal your party, as well as to shackle each Aspect when they spawn. You will want to shackle each Aspect as far away from your party as possible to try and keep the group out of combat whenever you can. Lastly, Decurse is your friend, particularly with the big boss man. He will try to mind-control your party, and will see you as a tasty treat. Have your shield ready for a shadow bolt when he spawns, and keep your party members clear of possession from Darkreaver.

Mages: Your job is to keep the DPS coming, to back up the Pallies in their newfound (and sadly, short lived) AOE glory. You will also want to make sure that you utilize your frostnova on the waves to keep the crowd under control, should the need arise.

If you have any questions that I can help to answer, please feel free to send me a Private Message . I’ll be happy to help in any way that I can!
    Last edited by luna; 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM.

Re: Paladin Epic Mount Guide

OMG i love you... this should help me out
    The highlander was a documentary filmed in real time.

Comment

Glad to be of service to you! Welcome to Tactical Gamer. :)
      Last edited by luna; 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I am currently at the point of doing the Ancient Equine Spirit. I have one pally that is ready to help. I need the two mages a priest and another pally for the group. I would like to do the quests this weekend, if possible Sunday. I will supply mana pots and shadow pots for the group. I will be at ZG on Saturday and should be online anytime after 5pm server time.

Thanks!
        Silchar

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I’d personally try it wit 1 priest, 1 warrior and 3 paladins. I’ve one my mount with this party formation and helped 3 other people getting their mounts also.

It’s a little harder to arrive in Rattlegore’s room, no doubt, however once you are there is needless to say that while the warrior immediately charges to tank the death lord the 3 pallies will off tank and heal the MT.

In one occasion the priest died and we kept the tank alive healing him.

Silchar I don’t know if you already counted me when you wrote that you had a paladin... Anyway, count me in!
          sigpic

Comment

Big thanks to Sacredlord, Ahaman, Chair and Mirada for making the Dire Maul part so easy! I have everything we need for the Scholo part. I have myself and Sacred as the first two pallies. I still need a priest, a pally and a mage/warrior. Hopefully we can pull a group together today or tomorrow. I am really excited about getting my pimp new ride!

Thanks Again to all,
            Silchar

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
            Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
            Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The weekend was full of ZG lol... But we can do it tonight if you want. Unfortunately, I won’t be here in the next weeks but I honestly would like to help in your final mount quest before my vacation :)
              sigpic

Comment

I'd like to suggest that those interested in coordinating Pally Mount quests for specific individuals do so outside of this thread...perhaps in the General Forum. That will help keep the "clutter" down:row__523:

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully supportive of Pally's getting their mounts, but this particular thread is intended to be more generic "how to" than specific to individual efforts. Comments or suggestions about better ways to get this done are appropriate here.
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

If you need a 3rd Pally I have a lvl 60 pally alt "Roarik" who needs to complete the Quest. Let me know and Ill be happy to come.
                  Lets raid again 4 hours sleep is more than enough!

Cres

Comment

I did the end part with four pallies and a warlock. Zero wipes, only two deaths and that was prior to the event. Here's how we worked it:

We set up a healing rotation for each wave, as well as a judgment rotation. During each wave, one of the pallies did nothing but heal. Since even without crowd control the waves are slow, you can regen mana very quickly. Also, I believe you can turn undead the spectres that come out for additional mana regen time.

The judgment rotations were also set so we could be constantly nuking the targets. Now, since 1.9 it has been REALLY easy to do the event because the judgments no longer have 30 second cooldowns. As a result? Total pwnage.

Comment

[QUOTE=luna]Paladin Epic Mount Guide

What you will need:
                      3 Paladins (one on standby)
                      2 Mages
                      1 Priest

Hey Luna ^_^ and Manny ofcourse

but when i help my Pallies in our guild we usually do it with 4 pallies and a warrior lol
                      This was an awesome thing because we murdured Scholo so quickly lol but soon enough we are going to try to do it with 5 pallies because we are the Supreme class :) the only trouble we had at at the begining as you go down the stairs one Pally almost died but one Pally being major healer was enough to save him plus we got some adds aswell but no deaths or wipes. We where flying trough Scholo chatting on Vent having a good time talking about our uber Hakz as Uber Pallies lol. when we actually got to rattlegore it was super easy clearing the whole place. Paladins=Undead wost ever possible Enemy lol. Actually to think of it as we started the quest to kill the guys we where all at full mana all the time and was awesome due to all the auras on. One of the times we where just stading there bored but chatting on vent dancing so no worries on any mana pots or anything Dev aura, shadow aura, Sanctity aura and Consentration aura was what we used :). Then after our long and boring deal with the mount quest lol we decided to do the whole scholo run and did it quickly, swiftly and Deadly. you can seriously do this with at least 2 pallies and any other 3 classes if the people know what to do. so try it out. (sorry for not using grammar and such kinda tired to even care lol)

In conclusion i think any 5 man Pally run will annihalate it to utter destruction and end up winners
                      only problem is Loot ROFL so yeah
                      oh btw

PALLY POWER!!!!!!

-Alrathell ~Sanctify Officer~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed