Teamspeak Key Bindings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Key Bindings

Ok seeing Orion's post about the Teamspeak training sessions I figured I would throw together this little project to help out everybody just that much more.

One of the great things about Teamspeak is that you can setup what are called 'keybindings'. Now these can be either one single key, or multiple keys, that when pressed together will perform a certain action. The most commonly used action is the Switch to --> Channel action, this will switch you to a pre-determined channel. This is useful so that when you join a group and decide to move into one of the party channels you do not have to Alt + Tab to switch channels, you just press a button or two and your done.

A lesser known feature that goes along with the Key Bindings feature is the ability to Import and Export key bindings. This allows you to create your key bindings, export them, and send them to others to then Import and use. So what I have done is created a set of Key Bindings that should be perfect for the WoW players that TS.

Ok so here is a step by step process on how to set this up, including the file you need.

***Note: Doing this will delete all of your current key bindings. So if you want to keep any of them make note of them, and then add them back in once you are done. ****

1) Download the key bindings file here, save it to your desktop

2) Open up Teamspeak

3) Go to the Settings drop down menu (Alt + e)

4) Go to the Key Settings menu

5) Click the Import Button

6) Navigate to your desktop and find the file called WoW.kbn that you downloaded

7) Click the Open Button

Your Key Settings menu should then look like somewhat like this

**Note: That image doesn't show all of the key bindings because I have scrolled down to the bottom there.

To use a key binding you just have to push the key/keys that are bound to whatever action you are trying to do.

For example: If I am trying to swtich to the Party 1 channel then I would push

F2 and 1 at the same time.

I will try and come up with a Key Bindings file for the more advanced TS user that plays WoW to do some more tricks and what not. Hope this helps you all.

**Extra Note: If you can't remember all the key bindings then print them off and keep them beside your computer for reference.

Once your done you can delete the WoW.kbn file off of your desktop.
    Last edited by Phantom; 12-04-2005, 12:56 AM.

Re: Teamspeak Key Bindings

nicely put together, if i didnt know what i was doing, i would now know what i was doing..... yeah, what i said.
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
      **Extra Note: If you can't remember all the key bindings then print them off and keep them beside your computer for reference.
      No offense, but if we need to print out the list to remember it, then we've got too many channels to program into TS, IMHO. :icon_mad:
      So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with printing it out, some people find it hard to memorize key bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
          ..... some people find it hard to memorize key bindings.
          like me, now to get a printer