Infernal- The Fact Behind the Fiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infernal- The Fact Behind the Fiction

Infernals are huge flaming stone jaugernauts of destruction. They come down in a comet and stun everyone when they land. And they are total weaklings. Yes, its true, an infernal, while it might look fierce, really isn't that tough.

Pros-
    -Stun and 200 damage aoe on summon
    -approx 10000 HP, like 7000-8000 armor
    -200 dmg hit, every 2 sec
    -15 dps aoe aura of fire
    -made of stone, hence immune to poison
    -immune to fire
    -low mp cost
    -Players think infernals are doom machines and freak when one comes for them
    -Can keep warlock sacrfice bonus while summoned

Cons-
    -Summoned deamon, thus a chump for warlocks to beat
    -When the controlling warlock goes down it tends to go for his buddys.
    -Only 115 total dps to its target
    -Only ~10000 hp and ~7000 armor, which really isn't that much if a mage or pair of warriors or another small group starts hitting it.
    -Due to fire aura sucks up aggro when fighting groups of mobs, then dies.
    -50 silver (40 with higher rep) per summoning reagent
    -1 hour cooldown on summon
    -Only 5 minutes of control
    -Can be taken by another warlock when control is lost
    -counts as deamon, even if it dosen't give master deamonolgy bonus

--ill finish this a bit later--
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Re: Infernal- The Fact Behind the Fiction

Could you summon an Infernal outside of an instance and then take it in with you? and just keep re enslaving it?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I believe you could take an infernal into an instance. Re-enslavement suffers from diminishing returns however, which makes it a fairly unattractive idea. As to the HP and armor numbers above, I find those a little hard to swallow since I'm an affliction 'lock with an unimproved voidwalker...and my voidwalker can easily outlast my infernal vs. an identical creep. Then again, I haven't exactly summoned an infernal recently to check.

Comment

They buffed the infernals armor and hp by like 33% each last patch. The infernal really does have some absurd hp and armor stats but it dies oddly fast, ive never really understood how that worked but it seems to happen every time. I think its because its both a mob and under the enslaved debuff or something like that.

Yes, you could take it in with you, and the diminishing returns on enslavment resets after a certain amount of un-enslaved time, in a very similar fasion to the fear diminishing returns so you could just keep the infernal banished for a while to reset its timer.

In all the instances where an infernal would be really usefull its been an outdoor place so you could summon it on the spot, specificly Zul'Farak. Tried it in Zul'Gurub but the infernal got obliterated.

The infernal has some quirky behavior due to its mob status though, if its too far from the summoning spot it runs back to the orginal spot, evadeing the whole way. It de-summons about halfway there though so its kind of on a leash from the original summoning spot.

And on a side note i left that top post alone too long so its never gonna get finished. Its good enough as is anyway.
        frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Sucks to say this (especially cuz I'm a lock) but both the doomguard and the infernal are just not very worth the trouble of getting the reagents, or the constant re-enslavement/eventual beat-down. I will admit all warlocks should play around with thiers as soon as they get it and it is useful for sprucing up that farming session, but as far as raids and groups go, the lock is better off with just about anything other than the infernal, and the doomguard is just too much of a hassle to even summon. And heck, my voidwalker off-tanked the ogre kings bodyguard in Dire Maul BEFORE i respecced and buffed him. These summons might be nice to have, but are just not practical.

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Infernal is good for two things, and two things only: Farming and PvP. Until you loose it, the Infernal is a god in farming, basically cannot be killed unless your mobbing leets, even still it takes, 3 or 4 high level leets. PvP, it owns, the aura nabs you mad honor and killing blows, only suck part is if another lock buts the banish on it.

Comment

Yes, using the infernal in pvp is crazy. For example, in AB if your defending a flag and there are like a zillion horde swarming it all you have to do to defend it is drop an infernal on it. Because of the fire aura no one will be able to do the flag swap thing since they will all be hurt constantly. Even if you die and the infernal gets loose it tends to stick around the spot where it was summoned and keep fighting horde since they built so much hate while it was enslaved. Unless a horde warlock enslaves it (the fire aura keeps working even while banished) they can't take the flag until they kill the infernal. That and an infernal is scary.

Comment

They sure are fun to take to newby horde places and let em loose. Ive done that let it turn on me, banish it, then rin outta dodge and watch them get whacked.
                Lead, Follow or get out of my way

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X