questions on rage points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on rage points

lets say for an example, at lvl 1, with no talents or anything, is rage points generated by dmg you do or each time you hit? I know there's talents later you can choose to gain more rage, but pretty much my main question is, do you get more rage with a fast/low dmg, or slow heavy dmg weapon?

Re: questions on rage points

Originally posted by ness
    lets say for an example, at lvl 1, with no talents or anything, is rage points generated by dmg you do or each time you hit? I know there's talents later you can choose to gain more rage, but pretty much my main question is, do you get more rage with a fast/low dmg, or slow heavy dmg weapon?
    You get rage from combat. Each hit you give or recieve helps with the rage. The longer you are in the fight, the more rage you tend to build.

I haven't noticed any effect that the weapon has on rage, although you can use a long weapon, say a 2 handed sword, and get less rage because you are outside the reach of your opponent.

So you have to think, as a warrior: I'm WANT to get hit. Very different mindset from the other classes.

Comment

Rage builds up from successful hits on a mob AND from being hit BY a mob. Later, there are some talents/skills that can generate rage...for example, charging a mob generates rage...a big reason why warriors WANT to charge in and start hitting things.

Although there is some debate about this, my experience is that faster weapons generate rage more quickly than slower weapons, even if DPS is about the same.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

kool, thx for the info guys, im gonna roll on rogue daggers now =)

Comment

Endgame tanks dont and never should charge unless its trash mobs and there are very few of them or unless you mass chain pulling. Otherwise, bloodrage and run in. Aggro generates extremely fast on bosses because of the serious dps they put out. On trash mobs who dont really hurt that bad you need to have a fast weapon. The more blows you land, the more rage you get.

Comment

A long time ago when the developers did the warrior talent review (yes, there was one. In fact it was one of the first trees to be looked at along with warlocks) they also addressed the issues warriors were bringing up with rage generation. This is, in general, what they came up with:

Rage is somehow linked with the amount of damage your weapon does per hit. The exact numbers are best left to experienced warriors who play with this.

Slow hitting weapons do more damage and thus generate more rage than fast hitting weapons per hit, but hit less often than fast hitting weapons.

Fast hitting weapons do less damage and generate less rage than slow hitting weapons, but hit more ofter than slow hitting weapons.

Off hand weapons do less damage then the main hand and thus generate less rage per hit than your main hand does.

In theory this would even out the rage generation between dual wielders, two handed wielders, as well as sword and board warriors. Two handers are slower than one handed weapons so the increased damage of a two hander would be offset by the number of extra hits you can get in with a sword and board. Dual wielders hit more often, but the decreased damage from the off hand as well as the increased miss rate even out between dual wielding and a sword and board.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
              A long time ago when the developers did the warrior talent review (yes, there was one. In fact it was one of the first trees to be looked at along with warlocks) they also addressed the issues warriors were bringing up with rage generation. This is, in general, what they came up with:

Rage is somehow linked with the amount of damage your weapon does per hit. The exact numbers are best left to experienced warriors who play with this.

Slow hitting weapons do more damage and thus generate more rage than fast hitting weapons per hit, but hit less often than fast hitting weapons.

Fast hitting weapons do less damage and generate less rage than slow hitting weapons, but hit more ofter than slow hitting weapons.

Off hand weapons do less damage then the main hand and thus generate less rage per hit than your main hand does.

In theory this would even out the rage generation between dual wielders, two handed wielders, as well as sword and board warriors. Two handers are slower than one handed weapons so the increased damage of a two hander would be offset by the number of extra hits you can get in with a sword and board. Dual wielders hit more often, but the decreased damage from the off hand as well as the increased miss rate even out between dual wielding and a sword and board.
              I can tell you flat out that in my experience, a faster weapon produces more rage. I have two warriors (60 and 55) and the difference between the two is dramatic.
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

It also seems like getting a critical hit gets you more rage.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X