X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZG part 2

Jin'do the Haxxor

7th Boss of the encounter.

Pull him to the little three-way intersection.
    Boss has an AE summon Totems
    3 types of totems will spawn.
    All totems must be destroyed immeadiately. And all in party must make these totems priority #1
    2 types heal him,
    3rd mind controls someone.
    Every so often someone will get teleported into a sandpit full of skeletons.
    1 or 2 mages have to be watching for this and immeadiately AE rescue the victims.
    If this happens and you find yourself in the pit wait for rescue.

Not enough work yet? We just getting warmed up.
    Shades will spawn during the fight and they not real dangerous they only do 1 dmg in melee. But wow are they fast.
    A caster with a shade on him will not be able to cast.
    I suggest that the first caster affected run around and try and get the aggro of as many shades as he can get.
    A warlock using Hellfire will bring the shades into the light but now your dealing with shades that nuke for 600.
    If your cursed the shades are now in the light. as well to you.
    By in the light I mean you can attack the shades now.
    The Shades seem to have a real appetite for all your healers.
    Random curses will be thrown on party members, allowing them to see the shades.
    Whoever can see shades needs to immediately kill as many shades as possible.
    The shades hit hard but have low HP.

I have suggested many times when going to take on this boss that the whole raid duel prior to the encounter
    with the sole purpose of having every member of the Raid affected with a long lasting mild curse.
    None have taken me up on this suggestion so am not sure if this would be an effective way of neutralizing the Shades.
    Hell i couldn't even get one person to duel with me and curse me to see if any curse allows attacking shades or if it is only the Curse Jin sends out.

The shades must be killed. So if cursed do not cure it. Those cursed kill the shades before your healers are overwhelmed.

Pets set to aggressive work on shades
    The pets don't need to be cursed to attack Shades.
    If your pet heads to the Boss call him back and reset him to aggressive in amongst the healers.
    All pets should be with the healers and set to aggressive.
    Enough pet classes and the fight is not to bad.
    Healers need to pay as much attention to healing pets as they do to the Main Tank

Handling the Boss is just standard Tank/Dps

Gri'lek

On Uther realm, 2 guilds (Revision & Sovereigns of Kiras) paired to go do Gri'Lek. I think we were the first to bring him down on this realm.

You have to extinguish the flame in the brazier for him to even spawn on the front "stage". Someone had the necessary goo to do that. Gri'Lek spawns, lighting bolts zap, thunderclaps roll, we all piddled in our pants. hehe

Gri'lek starts small. All out DPS until he enrages and goes big, then kite him around the massive area you have just for that purpose. LOTS of running around in circles. His roots cause massive damage. I watched a rooted hunter die just from the DoT. It appears he only roots 1 person at a time.

Squishies: DUCK! His hits are in the 7K+ range (with around 4700 pts as a healing specced druid, I had no chance). Faerie Fire does work on him but he's immune to roots.

He dropped a warrior axe w/ +117 damage against dragonkin, plus the blood needed for the Punctured Voodoo Dolls (class-specific charms)

Hazza'rah

Tank and melee fight him just infront of the flame altar (not on the stage) and have caster/ranged as far away as possible.

During the fight he will cast AoE sleep. Seems like everyone in his zone is affected. And he does his AoE sleep then summon his Nightmares. But this is not consistant. I did notice that he would AoE sleep (lasts 3-4 seconds) and then summon his Nightmares after the sleep wore off.

His Nighmares have very little HP.. but hit very hard, around 4-5k damage. if you are a rogue or a cloth wearer, you can be one shotted, so keep ranged as far away as possible. The Nightmares seem to spawn in a square formation around Hazza'rah, so farther away your casters are, the better they will not get 1 shotted. Also, they do move pretty slow.

Multishot WORKS very well. We had 2 hunters in our group and they went down easily. We did have a mage but he didn't try any of his AoE. It might be worth trying AoE of a Mage or Warlock to see how affective it is.

If you are Alliance, one thing to keep note is that Hazza'rah is UNDEAD. Paladin's Exorcism does work on him - but it's a mana drain so keep on eye on mana vs spamming it. I do not know if consecration works or not against the Nightmares. I am guessing not that fast. If you are Horde, drop an Earthbind totem near the Boss and the Nightmares should take longer to get to you, giving you the breather you need to take them down.

Other than this, it's a straight forward fight. I suggest a Tank w/ alot of HP.. he hits pretty hard.

another strat is :

The boss is not that hard, as long as you stay away from the ghosts. Tell your Hunters to save up their multishot for when the ghosts come, they should not live long then.

The boss casts a sleep on the whole raid every 20 seconds or so, it then summons very big ghosts. They are not very fast (slightly slower than players), only have around 500 hitpoints, but hit VERY hard. If you make sure everyone stays away from the ghosts, and take them out from range, they aren't hard at all. The boss itself doesn't hit very hard.

The ghosts are immune to AoE, so use normal long range stuff to take them out. If they get close, they pretty much one-shot anything not wearing plate. My priest got hit for 4750 damge by one of them (it cornered me and I could not kill it in time).

Another strat is :

we did a strategy where melee were all on him and everyone else was in a group away from him, max range. By hiumslef hes easy but with the illusions its hard, we had a druid and a hunter on illusion duty with multishot and moonfire because they only have like 500 health.basically do this and keep tank healed. Also when he sleeps he will go to a random person and attack then warrior will need to get hate back, pretty standard fight besides the illusions

Renataki

Abilities
    - Gouge - Gouges up to 10 party members and attacks someone that isn't gouged
    - Throw Dagger - Throws a Dagger to party members, hits for around 1000 damage on cloth users
    - Vanish - Makes Renataki invisible. Hunters will still be able to see him with Hunter's Mark
    - Ambush - Ambushes a random target. Cloth users can get killed in 1 hit

Tactics
    Have the MT build up aggro for a few seconds, then just DPS him down. He doesn't do a lot of damage, your healers should be able to keep up. If you feel you're lacking DPS, enslave one of the imps. They have pretty insane damage, and you can have the imp as 'main tank' here as long as you keep him alive. There's not much to this fight, it's a fun fight and easier than most bosses. It's safe to say that if you can actually reach Renataki, you won't wipe on him.

His gouge on the tank may be annoying, but just heal whoever he goes for and have the tank grab him as soon as the gouge weared off. He does too little damage to actually kill someone while the tank is gouged.
    For gouge have a tank in beserker stance ready to use beserker rage, and take over.
    For the vanish not sure if it works, as human use the racial ability and as warlock maybe the paranoia to avoid the healer attacks.

Wushoolay

DPS and stay out of the cloud!

1.Casters need to spread out to avoid chain lightning.
    2. Mana burn him down.
    3. Stay out of the cloud cover to avoid getting mauled.
    4. distilled wisdom works great here for the added 2000 mana, season still here so break out that mistletoe!

He is undead

Jin'do the Hexxer

The hardest boss in Zul'Gurub, but also the most fun one and a good preperation for Molten Core. If you can kill Jin'do, you should be able to do Molten Core.

Abilities
    - Hexxes a random secondary target
    - Throws out Healing and Mind Control totems
    - Warps a random target into a skeleton pit with 10 skeletons
    - Curses people with a small DOT
    - Spawns a Shade of Jin'do that attacks the party and is invisible to anyone without the curse

Tactics
    - Never overnuke Jin'do. If you do, he Hexxes or Mind Controls the main tank and it's end of story
    - Use Shadow Protection buffs on everyone
    - Do not dispel the curse on anyone but the main tank
    - If you are cursed, ignore everything around you and focus on killing the Shades. They have 1500 health and are immune to AOE.
    - Have a Mage look at the pit all the time and AOE the skeletons when someone gets warped into it. Have a secondary mage standby incase the first one gets cursed
    - Kill the Healing (1000 health) and Mind Control (2000 health) totems whenever they pop

Notes

The main thing to remember here is Jin'do doesn't kill you, the Shades of Jin'do do. They hit you for 1 Shadow damage every 1.5 seconds, and Shadow Shock you for 600-800 Shadow damage every 10 seconds. Their damage isn't high, but if you ignore the Shades, you can have as many as 20 or 30 up, and they add up. They have 1500 health, are immune to AOE, and have high magic resistance. Any Rogue, Warrior (not MT), Warlock and Hunter that gets cursed should be able to kill at least 3 shades. Mages and Priests are the worst ones to get the curse, don't expect them to kill more than 2.

Another tactic is:

1) MT getting Hexxed is not the end of the world. Just dispel it. Easy. Happens about 3-4 times per fight.
    2) Bring 3 hunters.
    3) Bring 2 warlocks and/or many priests.

Our strat is the following:
    1) 1 paladin, 1 mage on pit duty
    2) 3 hunters on totem-killing duty (they basically 1-shot the healing totem, and 2-shot the MC totems)
    3) 1 tank on Jin'Do, all other warriors MS'ing and generally doing dps / eating up MC totems.

Start fight. Mana drain him immediately -- 3 priests, 2 warlocks, 1 hunter sting - takes about 30s. Get him to 0 and keep him there, and he will rarely if ever drop a healing totem. It seems to require about 200 mana for a healing totem, so if you keep him Viper Stinged, he never drops the totems in the first place.

Keep Mortal Strike up on him at all times.

Tank away. Heal through the shade damage, keep the main tank alive. Jin'Do hits like a little girl, so a healer who isn't forced to heal him/herself and a raid being beaten on by shades can easily keep a MT up.

Every time a warlock or rogue gets cursed, they should kill a minimum of 3 shades. 5 is better. Paladins can also rip things. Priests are lucky if they can kill 1, esp. since they must conserve mana for healing through the fight.

Get him to 0 mana, keep at least 8 DoTs on him all the time, and he'll die. So long as class balance is ok, you can even do it without deaths.

Our typical balance:
    - 3 warriors, at least 1 w/ 31 points in Arms
    - 3 hunters
    - 3 rogues
    - 2 warlocks
    - 3 mages
    - 2 priests
    - 3 paladins
    - 1 druid

another:

Jin'do the Haxxor

7th Boss of the encounter.

Pull him to the little three-way intersection.
    Boss has an AE summon Totems
    3 types of totems will spawn.
    All totems must be destroyed immeadiately. And all in party must make these totems priority #1
    2 types heal him,
    3rd mind controls someone.
    Every so often someone will get teleported into a sandpit full of skeletons.
    1 or 2 mages have to be watching for this and immeadiately AE rescue the victims.
    If this happens and you find yourself in the pit wait for rescue.

Not enough work yet? We just getting warmed up.
    Shades will spawn during the fight and they not real dangerous they only do 1 dmg in melee. But wow are they fast.
    A caster with a shade on him will not be able to cast.
    I suggest that the first caster affected run around and try and get the aggro of as many shades as he can get.
    A warlock using Hellfire will bring the shades into the light but now your dealing with shades that nuke for 600.
    If your cursed the shades are now in the light. as well to you.
    By in the light I mean you can attack the shades now.
    The Shades seem to have a real appetite for all your healers.
    Random curses will be thrown on party members, allowing them to see the shades.
    Whoever can see shades needs to immediately kill as many shades as possible.
    The shades hit hard but have low HP.

I have suggested many times when going to take on this boss that the whole raid duel prior to the encounter
    with the sole purpose of having every member of the Raid affected with a long lasting mild curse.
    None have taken me up on this suggestion so am not sure if this would be an effective way of neutralizing the Shades.
    Hell i couldn't even get one person to duel with me and curse me to see if any curse allows attacking shades or if it is only the Curse Jin sends out.

The shades must be killed. So if cursed do not cure it. Those cursed kill the shades before your healers are overwhelmed.

Pets set to aggressive work on shades
    The pets don't need to be cursed to attack Shades.
    If your pet heads to the Boss call him back and reset him to aggressive in amongst the healers.
    All pets should be with the healers and set to aggressive.
    Enough pet classes and the fight is not to bad.
    Healers need to pay as much attention to healing pets as they do to the Main Tank

Handling the Boss is just standard Tank/Dps

Gahz'ranka

Fish boss

Abilities
    - Knocks all melee-range units high into the sky, temporarily removing them from the hate list
    - Creates a geyser under a random secondary target, knocking back everyone near

Tactics
    - Main tank and all melee units except 1 warrior melees him
    - Casters stand at max range, off tank stands 5 yards in front
    - When main tank is flying, offtank intercepts Gahz'ranka and draws him back to the main tank
    Candrice 63 Warrior
    Ricca 70 Rogue
    Machelle 70 Mage
    Enya 74 Druid

Re: ZG part 2

I'm not a part of tactical gamer, but there is a tip I'd like to add for downing Hazza'rah...

Not sure if you know this or not, but in Scholomance, there's a boss in a basement named Jandice. The growing strategy on my server (Dunemaul) is upon her summoning a group of illusions to create a macro with the following command:

/target jandice

This concept works with the Nightmare ghosts that Hazza'rah spawns. The trick is to have your hunters, shamans or druids create the following macro:

/target nightmare
    /cast moonfire OR multishot OR earth shock OR anything instant cast

Doing so will automatically target the nearest Nightmare ghost and will cast the highest level Instant Cast spell you tell it to. Hunters preferably, because Multishot doesn't cost too much mana. This macro is best used when spammed, immediately following the raid-wide sleep of his.

We, Leviathan (leviwow.com), are still a learning guild in ZG and were fortunate enough to have a few elite, epicced out 60s along for the ride when we summoned Hazza'rah. The funny thing was, the elite 60's guild could NOT down Hazza'rah before, and we did it after our third try. Just goes to show it's not all about the gear but truly about skill and knowledge.

Thanks for posting these sweet tactics, they've definately helped!

Comment

Re: ZG part 2

Thanks for stopping by nuboots! Glad to know news of us has spread!

Thanks for the macro advice too!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...