Paladin Ninja-Tanking on Majordomo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paladin Ninja-Tanking on Majordomo

Since this came up in ZG, this is why it is a good idea to pally ninja-tank domo.

The Majordomo Executus fight is set up thusly: You fight Majordomo and eight adds. Four of the adds are Elites, four are healers. The healers can be sheeped, the elites cannot be. Also, if you take down more than two elites, all sheeps pop and are immune to polymorphing for the rest of the fight. Furthermore, Majordomo has a nasty tendency to teleport his main tank into the lava and wipe his aggro on that target. As a result, these are your tanking/cc requirements:

Domo: 2 tanks
    4 elites: 1 tank per elite, plus one backup.
    4 healers: 1 mage per healer plus one tank breaker.

As a result, you need essentially seven to eight tanks. Since most guilds run MC with six to seven warriors, having a backup paladin tank is very useful. There are two ways this can be done. I will post the most effective method here.

When the fight starts, each elite has a hunter peel them off the main pull to their respective tank, and two tanks charge in to Domo to build aggro together. This should be one warrior and one paladin if you are new to the fight. The warrior will build more aggro at first, but a good paladin will use consecration to build his aggrotable back up. Since Domo cannot be killed, no one else should really be high on his aggro list.

During the fight, the paladin keeps judgment of light on Domo. Since the fight lasts 6-7 minutes, judgment of light will literally heal the main tank for several thousand health over the fight, extending mana pools at least somewhat. Further, if the warrior gets teleported, then the paladin has aggro and you still have a backup warrior in case one of the other tanks goes down.

Since the kill order is two elites, four healers, two elites, you can get away without using a paladin even if you have six tanks. However, since the fight is very confusing and very fast at first, a paladin on Domo can land heals while building aggro, and there is a high likelyhood that one of the tanks will go down. I have done this very successfully in the past.

I will post another method tomorrow.

Re: Paladin Ninja-Tanking on Majordomo

I managed to get out of work due to awful upper-back pain. So I can post the 2nd pallytanking method here.

As mentioned above, the class requirements are the same. However, there's another method I've used successfully, and I'm not even prot spec. If I was, this would be much more effective with Holy Shield.

At any rate, the pull is the same, but a paladin tanks an elite alone. A warrior's elite is pulled and burned down. The 2nd elite to kill should be the paladin's. Further, the warrior who was tanking the first elite should NOT go onto the paladin's target. Doing so normalizes the aggro table and makes it more likely to break into the healers/casters and do some nasty AOE on them. The first elite's tank (random note: that is a difficult phrase to say in Turkish) will need to build aggro on one of the other elites, because they will be tanked for a long while.

The paladin then pulls the elite down to the DPS group and they burn it down there. This method is beneficial in a number of ways, enumerated here:

1.) By making the paladin's target the 2nd to be burned down, the paladin has enough time to generate aggro.
    2.) Because the burn order is 2 elites, 4 healers, 2 elites, the first tank can then build aggro on one of the other elites that will be the last to die. The fight is about 5 minutes long, don't forget. The other elites need solid tanking.
    3.) When the paladin's target goes down, he switches to healing mode.
    4.) When melee reflect shields go up early, the paladin is able to tank the 2nd elite with magic damage during the DPS phase. When magic shields go up, the paladin can tank with normal melee.

Comment

Never had this problem of sheep breaking when you down the two elites. Is this with 1.10?? Usual format is hunters kite the 4 healers to the back of the plateau, mages sheep em and keep em sheeped. Kill all 4 elites, smoke the healers in the same format, watch Domo's song and dance, walk away with a leaf and some gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctuchik
        Never had this problem of sheep breaking when you down the two elites. Is this with 1.10?? Usual format is hunters kite the 4 healers to the back of the plateau, mages sheep em and keep em sheeped. Kill all 4 elites, smoke the healers in the same format, watch Domo's song and dance, walk away with a leaf and some gear.
        More than one guild I've been in has mentioned that if you burn down more than 2 or 3 elites, the healers can pop and be immune to sheep. I've always taken their word for it, so I don't know if it's true or not. Either way, it's the healers, not the elites, that create trouble. The elites just do a whole ton of AOE damage.

Comment

The only time they will be immune to sheep is when they pop their magic resistance shields. Mages need to be on the ball with the resheeps. Once one elite is down though, tanks should be going to the mages and helping on that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X