So you wanna be a raider eh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you wanna be a raider eh?

This post came as a result of some discussion in the Community forums about different 24-slot bags for raiding (first aid kit type of thing) and I thought, "hey, maybe some of the new level 60s or new raiders need some advice on what they need to bring to a raid!"

So here's a little brief synposis about what you can bring to a raid, including what I generally bring to a heavy night of an MC type raid.

Of course, for any raid you'll want some backup gear just in case you break before bots are ready. And for specific instances, you'll want to bring whatever appropriate resistance gear you have. This is a pain in the butt to do, but I have a whole 18-slot bag just for armor, and that doesn't count trinkets.

As far as consumables go, you're going to want to make sure to stock up well. Here's my typical raid gear:

4 stacks Symbol of Kings (pallybuff reagents)
    1 stack Symbol of Divinity (pally wipe protection)
    1 stack each Thorium Arrows/Shells (in case hunters/warriors/rogues run out... you'd be surprised how often I give them out)
    2 stacks crystal water, thanks mages!
    2 stacks heavy runecloth bandages. These are godsends, and you should not raid without them.
    Major Healthstone, thanks locks!
    2 stacks health pots
    2 stacks mana pots
    Resistance potions where applicable, usually only one stack
    Argent Dawn water, 1 stack
    Argent Dawn food, 1 stack (for ze buffs)

So we're looking at a whole 16 slot bag JUST FOR consumable goods. Further, there are 1000 other types of things you can bring along for added buffs. Things like Whipper Root Tuber, Gordok Green Grog, Un'Goro crystal buffs, etc can really make or break a raid. I even kept some lucky rocket clusters around and built a cluster launcher for the +250 health buff.

Anyhow, I hope this helps a little bit in case you've ever wondered what to bring along. Raiding requires a bit more intensity and preparation than the 5man stuff, so maybe this provides a good idea of what you'll be looking at!

Re: So you wanna be a raider eh?

Personally I find the Argent Dawn buff food and water a little pricey and a complete waste of time and money for second rate stuff.

There are cooking foods that give you a well fed buff that lasts for 15 mintues and provides +12 stam/spirit food that blow the AD +10 stamina or +10 spirit for 10 minutes food clear away. There are also foods that provide +mana/5sec, +hp/5sec, +agility, +intel, and +strength.

The mats are easy to collect and aside from the time fishing it takes to get the more interesting buffs, you can get it done in a few minutes and have a stack of food ready to go for your run.

Just don't expect to get much HP out of it because in a strange twist some of the best buffs are given to lower level food instead of the upper level stuff you have to work for.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth
      Personally I find the Argent Dawn buff food and water a little pricey and a complete waste of time and money for second rate stuff.

There are cooking foods that give you a well fed buff that lasts for 15 mintues and provides +12 stam/spirit food that blow the AD +10 stamina or +10 spirit for 10 minutes food clear away. There are also foods that provide +mana/5sec, +hp/5sec, +agility, +intel, and +strength.

The mats are easy to collect and aside from the time fishing it takes to get the more interesting buffs, you can get it done in a few minutes and have a stack of food ready to go for your run.

Just don't expect to get much HP out of it because in a strange twist some of the best buffs are given to lower level food instead of the upper level stuff you have to work for.
      Cooking may be great, but I haven't pursued cooking or fishing on any character I have. It is considerably easier for me to just buy the Argent Dawn food. If you have the time and are so inclined, then for sure cooking and fishing may be for you...but it isn't a "waste of time and money".
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
        Cooking may be great, but I haven't pursued cooking or fishing on any character I have. It is considerably easier for me to just buy the Argent Dawn food. If you have the time and are so inclined, then for sure cooking and fishing may be for you...but it isn't a "waste of time and money".
        Agreed. It's hard to level cooking in the sense that I don't feel like going back to Ashenvale to farm the mats.

Comment

Ahhh. Humm.

A compromise then?

If anyone picks up any Heavy Kodo Meat (Desolate Kodos), White spider meat (any spider over level 35), Giant Egg (any bird over level 40), Tender Crab Meat (any crap over 40), or Tender Wolf Meat (any wolf over 40) while wandering around then send it to me and I'll cook it up before dumping the lot into the bank.

A level 60 mage could probably get quite a few stacks of wolf meat by AoE killing the wolves in the Hinterlands. White spider meat can be picked off of the spiders during ZG raids as well as any other spider over 35 starting with the ones in north Duskwallow Marsh. Giant eggs are always for sale in the neutral AH or AH because of their use in the artisan cooking quests.

If you're in Silthius kill a few of the worms while you're running around and the meat can be used for a nice +25 strength buff for 10 minutes.

Send me the mats and I'll cook them up. Sound good?

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Good idea. Go here and look for the guild chefs to mail your mats to:

http://www.tacticalsites.com/wowroster/tradeskills.php
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis
              I even kept some lucky rocket clusters around and built a cluster launcher for the +250 health buff.
              I'm sure I just missed it but is this an eng item you can make for other engineers to use. And are the rockets limited to what you gathers during the holiday. Sorry I missed most of that Holiday so am not up to date on all the fun stuff.
              "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Single rocket launchers and Cluster rocket launchers were a non-binding engineering pattern during the lunar festival. Colored small, large, and cluster rockets were a BoP engineering pattern during the lunar festival. Lucky Cluster Rockets and Elder Moonstones are BoP items you could only get during the lunar festival. Elune stones are a spiffy item that work the same as elder moonstones, but aren't BoP and can be created every 24 hours with the item you get for doing the raid during the festival. That covers all the toys you missed.

As for more fun stuff to raid with...

Most magical regeant shops and the book store in Stormwind (yes, there is a book store) sell scrolls that can boost your armor or stats. Of course the magical regeant stores sometimes sell them on a counter basis of 3-4 every while so you may have to camp out before you can pick them up. Unfortunately they don't stack with the single benefit spells just like pots don't (can't mix pot of greater wisdom with arcane intel/brilliance or a scroll of intelligence just like you can't mix PW:F with a scroll of stamina or Divine Spirit with a scroll of spirit). Good news, they could be used to enhance your performance if you aren't taking R.O.I.D.S. or any of the other BS buffs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X