Hakkar Strategies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakkar Strategies

I couldn't find anything when I searched for hakkar strategies. I thought I would post how my guild on another server kills hakkar.

Once we reach the platform ranged DPS spreads out on the platform, the MT and OT charge in and we wait till hakkar is at 98% to start DPS. All warriors burn their intimidate shout immediately and any time that it comes up they burn it. The MT tanks hakkar standing on the ramp facing the healers. This will keep the healers out of the arcane damage AOE hakkar has but still keep them in range to heal.

The warriors will be mindcontrolled, we usually have them call out, "sheep so and so" and debuff "so and so" once they are no longer MC'd.

While all this is going on a hunter will call out what side he will be pulling a son of hakkar from the walk way below. you can pull them from on top of the platform, once he comes up to the top of the platform where the healers are a druid sleeps the son till about 15 seconds till Hakkars life drain. We kill the son and this releases a poison cloud, everyone in the raid except MT gets poisoned. When the life drain starts hakkar will get poisoned instead of gain life. You can tell if someone missed the poison cause the little life-tap effect from hakkar will be red to that person instead of blue-green. I think the main reason we try to kill the son near the healers is so they dont have to be running around losing healing range on the tank to get poisoned. A couple of times the hunters die and a mage will take over pulling the sons.

You have to finish the fight in 10 minutes or you can't kill him. If you can tell the fight is going badly you can reset the boss by just running down the ramp. Once people get the rythm of getting poisoned down and the healers don't take any AoE damage its a pretty straight forward fight. Just need a good MT and OT for when one or the other gets Mind Controlled(which happens a lot)

Also once you turn in the heart of hakkar you get a great 2 hour buff that you keep even if you die, so run to the BGs after you get it.

In my opinion Thekal is a harder fight than Hakkar. Also my guild on the other server doesn't allow Pallies, so I dont know what kind of debuffs they have that might need to be burned like the intimidate shout.

Anyways, hope this is helpful.

Re: Hakkar Strategies

thank you...just curious though....why no pallies?...you're people don't like them?

Comment

How long does the poison last?
      How bad is the poison? Do you have to clean it after the poison drain?
      Do the Sons have a ranged attack? If not, can you root them?

As a note to paladins. I'd laugh so hard if one of them got controled and burned Divine Intervention on Hakkar. Really, I would. Worst case they might bubble, concencrate the raid, or stun the tank.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Can't edit my post, so lets just answer my own questions and add some additional information from my observations.

1) Poison lasts 90 seconds (1 minute 30 seconds) and does 100-103 damage every 3 seconds. Once the son is killed it poisons everyone within 10 yards for 5 seconds so you have to move FAST.

2) No cleansing should be going on before a soul drain because once Hakkar tries to soul drain you it should eat the poisoned blood debuff. The only time you should get a cleanse is after the soul drain if you were missed by Hakkar so you're not taking the poison damage until the next drain time. (90/3 = 30 x 100 = ~3000 damage over time)

3) You CANNOT bandage yourself while you are poisoned. Once the cloud goes up and everyone gets the debuff the DOT will screw with any bandages or lightwells you may use. The best time to bandage is right after the soul drain when you are clear of debuffs.

4) If you aren't poisoned his soul drain will do 500 damage and heal him 1000 damage each second for 5 seconds. If you are poisoned then his soul drain will do 0 damage to you and 300 damage every second for 5 seconds to Hakkar. This damage is done by a debuff. There are 16 debuff slots and 2 of those will be occupied by Sunder Armor (aggro generation) and Hunter's Mark (ranged damage buff). If all 14 poison drains hit that means 1500 damage over 5 seconds 14 times of 21000. Since we have 2 tanks up front not getting the debuff he will be healed for 10000 causing him to take a total of 11000 damage...ideally. Each debuff slot taken up will cause us to lose 1500 damage and each person not poisoned will cause us to lose 5000 damage.

Conclusion: ANY spell or attack which may take up a debuff slot (DoTs, Improved Shadowbolt, Frostbolt, Ignite, Curses, vulnerabilities, rupture, deep wounds, etc) MUST be gone by the 15 second mark. If you can't use your primary spells (looking at locks here with imp. SB) then switch to secondaries or get used to wanding.

5) Hakkar has 3 ranged attacks in addition to whatever he's poking the tank with:
        1. Soul Drain - This is explained in #4 above and is beneficial to the group in a way. It has an 'absolute' range of 40 yards and a 'chance of' range of 45 yards. IT IS POSSIBLE TO AVOID THIS DEBUFF. On our second attempt at Hakkar I backed myself up to maximum range and then walked back a few more steps right before the debuff to avoid it a few times. It gives you the benefit of being able to do damage while everyone is mezed by the drain, but the disadvantage of keeping the poisoned blood debuff from the son. Theoretically you could avoid healing Hakkar if you aren't poisoned by just running down the ramp and waiting out the drain.
        2. Corrupted Blood - This is an AoE spit similar to what the serpents do. It hits everyone facing Hakkar within 35 yards for 900-1100 shadow damage. This is why tanks should try to keep him faced away from the group and near his spawn for maximum range.
        3. Corrupted Soul/Corruption (not sure of the actual name) - This is a DoT that seems to last for a short duration and does 800-900 shadow damage per tick. Bad news, this DoT hurts and seems to smack people with no particular pattern I could determine on our 4 trial. Worse news, because no one is decursing (I'm not even sure if its curable) and it isn't eaten by soul drain you're stuck with this spell for the duration and dependent on heals from the healers because you can't bandage. Worst news, this DoT will tick with Poisoned Blood while you are being soul drained so you could take 5 seconds of serious damage without heals even if the drain isn't hurting you. On our final attempt last time I got corrupted twice right before first two drains and the DoT burned me down fast without heals. I noticed that when I kept to maximum range I didn't seem to get this debuff as often so it might be a range thing.

6) The Sons have a short spawn timer, but a long patrol route. You might want to alternate pulling from left to right so as to let them path fully to their closest point. The best way to pull them is to FD at the top of the stairs (dropping aggro from Hakkar so he doesn't chase you and reset like he did with Chair...twice), drop a freezing trap, then pull the son into the trap. If you can then sleep/sheep the son and can keep it CCed you'll have a son 'on ice' for when you do need to burn it down. Make sure to mark the son so that people who aren't paying attention to the area (like healers) can glance at the minimap and find out its position relative to their own with the map zoomed in completely. Marking (if done by the hunter that marked Hakkar) will also free up a debuff slot for extra damage. Alternatively send down a rogue (who can't heal like a pally could or DPS from range like a hunter) and have them pull the son and slowly start to burn it down at 30 seconds. The closer you can get the poison debuff to the soul drain, the less damage the DoT will do to you.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by orion808
          thank you...just curious though....why no pallies?...you're people don't like them?
          His other guild is a horde guild on another server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X