Your Hunter and You - Fundamentals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Hunter and You - Fundamentals

Here's some basic number crunching for hunters with accepted values as researched by others at level 60. It should be noted that the amount of agility per crit or dodge increases as you gain levels to scale with gear you may get.

1 Agility = 2 RAP, 1MAP, 0.0189% crit, 0.0435% dodge
    1 Strength = 1 MAP
    1 Intelligence = 15 mana
    1 Stamina = 10 health

53 Agility = 1% crit
    23 Agility = 1% dodge *unconfirmed*

14 AP = 1 DPS
    2 AP ~ 1 Agility + 1 Strength
    1% Crit = 1% damage (1.3% damage with mortalshots, 1.03% with slaying, and 1.33% damage with mortalshots and slaying)

Items that increase your AP increase your MAP (melee attack power) and RAP (range attack power) an equal amount.
    Spells and Buffs that increase your AP increase your MAP only.
    Battleshout and Blessing of Might make hunters cry tears of blood. :row__637:

Max skill possible is equal to level x 5. At level 60 that means you can have a possible 300/300 for weapons and defense.
    Against nonelite mobs at level 61, 62, or 63 you have to calculate for a skill of 305 to 315 accordingly.
    Elites have increased damage, health, defense, weapon skill, or a combination or all 4.
    Bosses have 3 tiers: 1) Miniboss 2) Subboss 3) Boss; and have subsequent hikes in stats.

Example: In UBRS Anvilcrack would be a miniboss. Nothing too hard and he drops good loot. The Beast would be a subboss. More difficult, but you can still zerg him. General Dhrak would be the boss. You need to be organized and have a plan to take him down.

Critical chance = (Agility / 53 + 5% (base crit chance)) * (your weapon skill/their defense skill) + crit% equip bonus + crit% talent bonus + highest crit% buff bonus(*)

(*) Spell and Buffs don't stack similar bonuses and instead overwrite the strongest buff over a weaker one. Examples: Paladin Shadow aura and Priest Shadow protection overwrite each other. Hunter Aspect of the Wild overwrites Druid's Gift of the Wild. Call of the Dragonslayer (+5 crit) overwrites Mongoose potion (+2 crit). Spells that affect melee combat (TSA, battleshout, BoM) do stack due to relatively short duration and the whining from warriors and rogues everywhere

Your spell book gives your melee critical chance so if you want to find out your ranged crit chance then make sure your melee weapon skill is equal to your ranged weapon skill and add the appropriate talents. For most people that's just the +5 ranged crit from lethal shots. Dual wielding will automatically lower your crit chance and increase the miss rate of your melee attacks. For accurate results wield a single weapon with like ranged weapon skill to see the appropriate crit chance.

+1 spell damage = +0.43 arcane shot, +1 serpent shot, +1 volley, +1 arcane detonation.
    +1 spell healing = +1 mend pet

Saddly, viper sting, scorpid sting, and traps get no benefit from +spell damage.

Serpent sting does nature spell poison damage.
    Aimed shot is a physical spell that does physical damage.
    Multishot is a phsyical spell that does physical damage.
    Arcane shot, volley, and arcane detonation do arcane spell damage.
    Mend Pet does physical spell healing. (like bandages or lightwell)
    Autoshoot is a physical spell that does physical damage (autoshoot is actually a spell hence why the damage is yellow and why it can be affected by things that extend cast time)
    Viper sting does shadow poison spell mana damage.
    Scorpid sting does shadow poison spell affect.
    Wyvern sting does nature poison spell crowd control affect damage.
    Immolation/Explosive traps do fire spell affect damage.
    Freezing/Frost traps do frost spell affects.
    Wingclip does physical bleed crowd control damage.
    Concussion shot is a physical bleed spell crowd control.
    Scatter shot does physical crowd control damage.
    Raptor strike does physical damage.
    Mongoose Bite does physical damage.
    Counterattack does physical bleed crowd control damage.
    Disengage is an affect.

If you're wondering what all that means, its to help you determine how things are calculated when it comes against certain mobs.

- 'Physical' means the damage is mitigated by armor as opposed to frost/fire/nature/shadow/holy/arcane which is mitigated by resists. It gets not benefit from +spell damage.
    - 'Affects' resist at an all or nothing rate. You either get get hit by it, or resist all affects.
    - 'Spells' either hit or are mitigated partially by resists from a range of 75% to 5%. They can be dispelled by dispel magic or cleanse and gets benefits from +damage unless noted otherwise. A full resist is what would be called a 'miss' if it was an attack and is thus incorrectly termed a resist. If the spell has a wind-up or channel then it can be interrupted by kicks or silence. Mobs under a bubble of anti-magic are immune to spell damage and mobs that are immune to nonmagic attacks are vulnerable to spells.
    Example: Frostbolt is a frost spell damage affect, while Fireball is fire damage spell. If you resist frostbolt you take no damage, but if you resist fireball you still take some damage.
    - 'Poisons' cannot be dispelled, but have to be removed by cleanse, cure poison, or abolish poison spells.
    - 'Bleeds' are affects that cannot be cured without the use of specialized trinkets. They generally have no classification marker on them and are typical of warriors, rogues, and hunter physical abilities.
    - 'Crowd controls' are abilities that are used to slow or inhibit something's ability to fight. Some mobs are immune to crowd control.

If naked and without dodge/parry you will see: 5% miss, 90% hit, 5% crit if weapon skill = defense skill.
    With dodge and parry you see: 5% miss, 5% dodge, 5% parry, 80% hit, 5% crit.
    If defense skill > weapon skill then miss/dodge/parry will increase and a chance to crit will decrease (for mobs a chance to give a glancing blow will be added).
    If weapon skill > defense skill then miss/dodge/parry will decrease and chance to crit will increase (for mobs a chance to be given a crushing blow is also added).

Saddly this is one of the reason why pets can't tank higher end instances very well. Their weapon and defense skills stays static at 300 while mobs start scaling up with higher weapon skills thus making the chance of a crushing blow or crit higher. Not to mention unscaling stamina, armor, and resists to mitigate damage.

Pet training points = level of pet * loyalty level (1-5)
    Max of 300 TP at level 60 (will be 350 at level 70)

When doing Crit% vs AP vs Agility comparisons you have to consider the hunter as a whole since the current stats and level of damage come into play when considering impact.

If you have 1000 RAP with the mortal shots and slaying talents with +5 crit% already then the following is true:
    1 crit = 1.33% damage
    5 crit = 6.65% damage
    6 crit = 7.98% damage
    1000 RAP = 71.428 DPS
    6.65% of 1000 RAP = 66.5 RAP
    1000 RAP -> 1066.5 RAP
    1.33% of 1066.5 RAP is 14.184 RAP. ~*~ Grand Total of +14.184 RAP for 1 crit% ~*~
    22 Agility = 44 RAP and 0.415% crit.
    1000 -> 1044
    6.65% of 1044 = 69.4 RAP
    1.33% of 1113.4 = 14.808 RAP
    0.415% of 14.808 = 0.0615 RAP ~*~ Grand Total of +44.0615 RAP for 22 Agility ~*~

Therefore, with 1000 RAP unbuffed and 5% crit 1% crit > 22 Agility

If you have 2000 RAP and 20% crit with the mortal shots and slaying talents then the following is true:
    1 crit = 1.33% damage
    20 crit = 26.6% damage
    21 crit = 27.93% damage
    2000 RAP = 142.857 DPS
    26.6% of 2000 RAP = 532 RAP
    2000 RAP -> 2532 RAP
    1.33% of 2532 RAP is 33.676 ~*~ Grand Total of + 33.676 RAP for 1% crit ~*~
    22 agility = 44 RAP and 0.415% crit
    2000 -> 2044
    26.6% of 2044 RAP = 543.7 RAP
    1.33% of 2587.7 RAP = 34.416 RAP
    0.415% of 34.416 is 0.143 RAP. ~*~ Grand Total of +44.143 RAP for 22 Agility ~*~

The greater your RAP and current crit% the more RAP your crit% will contribute. If you sacrifice too much agility for AP or crit then your overall damage will start to fall.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Your Hunter and You - Fundamentals

Pretty good info there. Many of the up and comming hunters should find that quite helpful
    Lead, Follow or get out of my way

Comment

Yeah and that's just the fundamentals. Someday I'll sit down long enough to pound out the basic combat tactics/gearing, advance combat tactics/gearing, talent selection, and 'fun uses for your spells/abilities' sections.

...someday
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

tarenth
        i wouldnt mind seeing that "someday" soon
        it would be a great help

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse