Warrior Chat Vol 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Chat Vol 3

I thought we warriors could discuss button pushing for dps!!! Seriously, I have been tracking raid DPS for warriors for a bit and have observed substantial differences in DPS (e.g. 50 DPS vs 70 DPS) between warriors. Now our DPS in the greater scheme of things is wimpy, but it DOES make a difference in aggro generation and ultimately in faster take down of mobs.

We all pretty much have the same weapon and shield, so the difference in damage done is largely attributable to what buttons you push...:row__523: Armor stats and bonuses do matter but they don't dominate as much as the weapon.

First, you should keep Battle Shout up ALL THE TIME...and Demoralizing Shout, for that matter. Battle Shout will increase your attack power=more DPS. Demoralizing Shout will reduce mobs' attack power=less damage taken.

Second, if you have it, use shield slam...it's a 30 point rage dump and it generates the most aggro of any action you can do. Plus it crits for 500 damage or more! When your rage bar is full or nearly so...it should be automatic (but you have to be protection spec to have the skill...of course).

Generally, what I'm doing is this:
    1. Defensive Stance
    2. Bloodrage
    3. Taunt
    4. Sunder (at least up to 3 and generally up to 5)
    5. Battle Shout
    6. Shield Block
    7. Revenge (when available)
    8. Heroic Strike
    9. Demoralizing Shout
    10. Sunder (yeah, I know...do it anyway)
    11. Shield Slam
    12. Shield block
    13. Revenge.
    14. Sunder (see 7.)
    15. Heroic Strike
    16. Shield Slam

Rinse and repeat until dead. Renew Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout as needed. Except for Defensive Stance, these actions are on my action bar as #1-#8 where they are handy and ready for constant easy access.

On lower level mobs, this produces around 75-80 DPS. On the toughest fights, around 50 DPS. Average over the course of an MC raid ranges from 65 to 70 DPS.

EDIT: I did NOT discuss concussion blow, shield bash and disarm...all of which are great...IF the mob is vulnerable to them. Most raid mobs (except for trash) are immune to these.
    Last edited by beep; 05-23-2006, 05:28 PM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Warrior Chat Vol 3

After my latest re-spec fiasco i now have the full bleed tree along with my protection build. So more damage for me, yay!

Comment

jeesh.. i always thought u just spammed sunder.. almost as complex as a hunter
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
        jeesh.. i always thought u just spammed sunder.. almost as complex as a hunter
        Meh...I thought all hunters did was autoshoot and feign death!!!:icon_cool
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Lies! Autoshoot would never do enough damage to pull aggro off a good tank. If it is, then I'd blame the warrior and less the hunter. ^_^

Anyhow, if you're talking warrior DPS then what about a nontanking DPS warrior using a two handed weapon and spamming slam? With a 1.5 cast (1 second with talents) it does weapon damage independently of your attack timer like a hunter's Aimed shot and Multishot. It also isn't an instant so shouldn't be normalized. That means you could slam twice AND get your autoattack with a 3.0+ weapon.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by beep
            Meh...I thought all hunters did was autoshoot and feign death!!!:icon_cool
            i dont rely on autoshoot whatsoevah.. my autoshoot only accounts for 50% of my total damage =D
            i think.... anywhere from 400-500 normal and 900-1k crit autoshot.. it adds up (attk speed is 2.48( -14% from my quiver) )
            and like tarenth was saying about the slam or whatever.. hunters are the same in that within weapon speed +3 seconds.. they can deal about 4500 damage (in 5.48 seconds for me) the damage flood as i like to call it.... aimed shot(attack +600) then multishot (attack+120.... cant use this always.. cauise it shoots 3 targets(sheep anyone? sap anyone? shackle anyone?... but in MC.. there isnt a problem) and then a normal autoatack in the mix somewhere
            so for ME. that is roughly:
            aimed shot: no less than 1500
            multi shot : no less than 700
            auto shot : no less than 400
            total = 2600

and if all of them crit: (yes that happens often.. often followed by : 'chair is feigning death'
            aimed shot: 2500 average
            multi shot : 1600 average
            auto shot : 1000 average
            total = 5100

hehe.. my dps meter often spikes past 5k dps when that is done with
            that damage flood works really well in pvp.. because it basically a guaranteed death to anyone that doesnt wander out of your range (8-41 yards)
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

(Beep wonders why the hunters took over his warrior thread?)
              Beep

Comment

hehe i wondered that after i posted as well =D oh well
                to but things back in order: 5 sunders plz
                and lrn2playurclass =D