Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Rajaxx strat info

wowwiki.com/General_Rajaxx

I was doing more reading on the Rajaxx fight and found this article in wowwiki. The only difference in this strat is that during the waves you take down the elites first followed by the warriors and then the cleavers/flying mobs. Also, there is some added strat about taking on the General, it is mentioned in the strat that all DPS should stop after he does a thunderclap so the tank can keep there aggro. Maybe we should give it a try if we haven't done so already. Any thoughts?
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: General Rajaxx strat info

That's pretty much what we were doing. The only thing we need to do differently is have a warrior ready to build backup aggro and taunt Rajaxx when he calls someone out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis
      That's pretty much what we were doing. The only thing we need to do differently is have a warrior ready to build backup aggro and taunt Rajaxx when he calls someone out.

Close Arkamis, different reason for the warrior though...

The warrior is needed because the AOE knockback/Stomp is an aggro Wipe. All need to hold damage and the warrior should be the only one rushing in to try to get a little aggro....It is important to note that the Lieutenant will be the main tank, he is invulnerable to the Knockback. He still suffers from the Aggro-clearing though...He will eventually grab agro back from the tank...

I think we need to have the raid DPS/Healing in one tight group away from the boss...(Don't know about rogues....

A priest or Druid casts AOE heals and HOTs as soon as the stomp occurs....and then forget about healing. Healers wand for mana and one pally is on Mana Regen Duty.

Slow and steady as she goes....this sound about right Arkamis?

Comment

Originally posted by orion808
        Close Arkamis, different reason for the warrior though...

The warrior is needed because the AOE knockback/Stomp is an aggro Wipe. All need to hold damage and the warrior should be the only one rushing in to try to get a little aggro....It is important to note that the Lieutenant will be the main tank, he is invulnerable to the Knockback. He still suffers from the Aggro-clearing though...He will eventually grab agro back from the tank...

I think we need to have the raid DPS/Healing in one tight group away from the boss...(Don't know about rogues....

A priest or Druid casts AOE heals and HOTs as soon as the stomp occurs....and then forget about healing. Healers wand for mana and one pally is on Mana Regen Duty.

Slow and steady as she goes....this sound about right Arkamis?
        Seemed to work well the other night :)

I don't think his knockback is a full aggro wipe. From what I saw, despite him calling out names, the warriors were doing a good job at drawing his attention for those two critical seconds. That taunt buys the Lt. Gen enough time to re-establish aggro, and we weren't doing very well at stopping damage during that fight. Also, he "marks" someone so frequently and knockbacks so frequently that I don't think it's intended as a full aggro clear. Not sure on this though.

Also, I think we need to position more in the corner of the room, against the left wall, than back against the roots. He started wandering more and more around 15%; that's why we lost the Lt. General.

I say keep doing what we were doing! We did a rocking job at it, and it brought a smile to my face when he died!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X