X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razorgore!

Razorgore!

The next boss on our 'kill list'

Here is a small compilation of the resources available to everyone for this enounter.

Tanks, Watch this one specifically, some very good information in there and excellent examples:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56&q=razorgore

Here is an all-around description of the fight in fairly decent detail, It's 20 or so minutes long, and is geared mainly towards horde tactics, but much of this still applies, and if you are even remotely interested in getting the gear Razorgore drops (He has the bracers of each Classes Tier 2 set), you will watch, and learn this!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63&q=razorgore

This describes some Controller info, and later on the tanking aspect of the fight.. Kinda cluttered with French and English translations. Maybe not the best, and not quite the strat we're looking at, but still some information to be taken from it:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91&q=razorgore

Druid's Perspective, no real text or verbal explaination, but at least me, who's only druid is like level 9, has a basic understanding of this fight from watching this.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17&q=razorgore

Of course there is always WoWWiki which contains a plethora of information on any of the fights in World of Warcraft, to make it easier on everyone, I'll put a link up for his page. http://www.wowwiki.com/Razorgore_the_Untamed
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: Razorgore!

I took the chance this weekend to practice on controlling Razorgore and I've gotten it pretty well set. The Break Eggs spell has a cooldown as well as a cast time; as such, it's not really very efficient to sit around waiting to break an adjacent egg. I have a rough patrol pattern for breaking the eggs set up, which in the end saves time. Rather than just standing about waiting for the cooldown, I target a dragonkin, sleep it, and then I'm at the next egg ready to rock.

Still somewhere between 28 and 33 eggs to break from what I counted.

Comment

Thanks for the links Vinzalf. I watched the instructional one and that was extremely helpful.
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Healers, here's your job in a nutshell:
        Don't get aggro, stay alive until time to kill Razorgore.

Healing in there means aggro on all 40 mobs at once, meaning everyone else has to be more self reliant in this fight. Paladins can heal more than priests and druids since they can take more of a beating. On some fights, I'd heal more than I should and pull aggro, meaning I'd start kiting mobs as well. It helps if everyone in the raid knows the path to kite to avoid getting hit until some other healer has healed and pulled aggro :P

Comment

I've been in about 4 successful runs of this and have personally died every time. As it was explained to me renews and flash heals are really all you want to do during the kiting phase. Any kind of nuke heal is going to get someone's attention. Just too many beasties running around not to. And, if we're allowed to take off running a well timed fear and jumping into the current of kiting traffic might actually save a priest until fade comes off cooldown.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I'm a bit suprised there's less chatter in this thread... Expect to be visiting Razorgore again this weekend. If we don't, it still doesn't hurt to be prepared and feel out your planned moves prior to the next engagement.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I've been talking to some people. I have an idea for razorgore. Need to get into BWL to get some other people with controller practice.

Comment

I only have one question, when can we get started? :)
                “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear
                  I only have one question, when can we get started? :)
                  I was hoping for some good time in with Razorgore this weekend, but it diddn't happen.

Crebis, can we have Sunday setup for a few Rounds with Razorgore? Just pop it on the signup sheet. =D
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

FWIW, the Knights Who Say Ni guild made their first serious attempt on Razorgore this weekend and took him down. It only took 22 attempts!! That's right...22...in one night.

Be prepared...with the right attitude and with reagents and everything else you may need. This is a tough fight to learn.
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Wow, 22 in 1 night, that's hardcore!

I'm looking forward to seeing your plan in action Arkamis, I've heard of guilds using Razorgore's ability to get all the mobs onto 1 kiter, and always wanted to try it, seems alot more elegant, and almost the way it should be. Handling the mobs until all the orc mages have been killed isn't too hard of a job, but then again, I normally stand there looking pretty for that part of the fight ;)

Comment

When have you ever looked pretty?

:D
                        Lub it on!!!

Comment

I guess I'll have to pull the ol' [item]Lovely Blue Dress[/item] out of the bank and learn you a few things.

Comment

Maybe he should have said "Stand there and look as pretty as I can".
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins
                              Wow, 22 in 1 night, that's hardcore!

I'm looking forward to seeing your plan in action Arkamis, I've heard of guilds using Razorgore's ability to get all the mobs onto 1 kiter, and always wanted to try it, seems alot more elegant, and almost the way it should be. Handling the mobs until all the orc mages have been killed isn't too hard of a job, but then again, I normally stand there looking pretty for that part of the fight ;)
                              Yeah, it's a controller swap. Basically I take the first control and nuke as many eggs as I can. When the mages are dead, I fireball volley and pull all the aggro onto razorgore. I let them drop his health a bit and then release control (still need to figure out how :/) Then one of the tanks runs up to control razorgore, drop the rest of the eggs while 100% of the kiter hate is on my.

I can drop consecration bombs along the way to keep aggro, and just run like mad!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X