Warrior - Fury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior - Fury

My baby alt warrior is growing up (55 now) and I've really not messed around with Beserker Stance a whole lot. I've found myself getting pretty complacent with Battle and Defensive depending on the job at hand. What are your suggestions for using Beserker Stance. I'm not really PVP-ing so i'm not really concerned with fears except from the occasional pterydactol (sp?). I know there's more damage done, but it seems like I give up too much (mortal strike, overpower) where big chunks of damage come frm. Perhaps you guys can give me a quick rundown on which actions to take as you fight a random mob. Currently I usually Charge/Rend/Demoralizing Shout/Sunder/Mortal Strike, overpower when its up, rend again if it drops, possibly execute depending on rage level and health. Since this is an alt (and my main really is teh suk for, well pretty much most things other than healing) I'd like to go with more a Fury Warrior - beat the hell outta crap build. Any suggestions on which actions you do all the time, which aren't worth it, and actual build would be appreciated.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: Warrior - Fury

First thing, you can do Mortal Strike in any stance, it is not stance specific. Second, rend is a waste of rage.

A couple key things to learn to do: Stance dance, get good at it, know when to do it, when not to. I have an addon that displays on my screen when Overpower is available, when I see that I will usually switch to Battle Stance to hit overpower, then switch back to whatever stance I was in before. I wouldn't worry with Demo shout to much, especially on short fights, rage would be better used for Battle Shout.

I don't have to much time now so this post is short, i will post some more later, along with some specs you could look at. If you have any specific questions post them.

Comment

What Phantom said.

When I was playing regularly, I'd generally use berserker for a quick intercept as an OT if some caster pulled aggro on a trash mob and was dying. Then there's whirlwind (good for getting attention of caster trains followed by a switch to BS and a thunder clap) and pummel. Pummel is great after an intercept on a caster in PVP; you can usually stop the first non insta-nuke before you've taken too much of a beating meanwhile you're chewing into the caster with extra damage (they dont dodge much anyway I've found, so you wont miss many overpowers). Just switch to defense before the next nuke.

There's no real method for berserker, I just know I used it very sparingly. I don't have the stamina to just walk around in berserker stance :)
      Last edited by Rincewind; 08-10-2006, 04:35 PM.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Ok here goes..

Here is a build I would use for 2h sword DPS

Here is another build for 2h sword DPS

Here is a build for Dual wield DPS

Depending on what type of weapon you are using you will want to arrange talent points differently. Any questions? Any certain type of weapon you plan on always using?

Comment

The 31/5/15 hybrid build has been my fav so far. There are slight variations depending on what weapon spec you choose, and what talents you value in the prot tree. Here is a general example based on sword spec, last stand, and improved shield block.

31/5/15 Sword

This is a good build for a warrior that will be expected to dps and tank, move the 5 points in sword spec to your hardest hitting weapon spec... unless it is a mace. If you have an uber mace put the 5 points in 2h +weapon damage.

With this build, you won't be as good of a tank as an equally skilled prot spec'd warrior, but you are not far removed.
          Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
          MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Here is my current spec. Based for tanking, and doing DPS with a 2h sword.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Phantom - I've been duel wielding mostly, even though my spec really isn't setup that way. I was planning on respecing and that's the reason I wanted to pick everyone's brains first. I do try and stance dance - jump out and hit overpower when it is available. I'm getting better and jumping into beserker to intercept as well. I'll keep practicing - hehe.

I'm currently using a [Viking Warhammer] in MH and [Hanzo Sword] in OH. Reading today about various strategies (slow, higher dps main hand for overpower and faster weapon in OH) I'd also like to hear the skinny on this as well.

Also, is there a particular target (stat wise) that I should be aiming for. Obviously +%tohit, +%crit, str, agility are all important for dps. Is there one stat that I should be looking for more than others, or a balance, or... suggestions would be great.

And, enchants - I've been reading that +15 str (which equals more attack power) is better for the duel wield dps build than +15 agility. That the increased crit chance isn't worth giving up the increased base damage. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for everyone's help.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

If you plan on Dual wielding then Mortal Strike is not the way to go. So before we go over much more, do you want to stay dual wielding, or do you want to stay mortal strike?

Comment

Dual-wield. After reading your posts I went ahead and respec'd close to the spec you put up (only 55 atm, so i don't have everything you listed yet -- currently 32 fury, rest in arms). Immediately noticed a HUGE difference.

I meant to link these last time, but forgot the actual tags...
                  [item]Viking Warhammer[/item]
                  [item]Hanzo Sword[/item]

Also, just got an [item]Assassination Blade[/item] from Scholo. I'll have to enchant that before I send it over to the warrior.
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Pistos,

Hit me up on TS the next time we finish a raid. There's simply too much pro and con for me to type out. I'd be happy to tell you all I know about "warrioring".
                    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I'm duel wielding as well when I'm not OTing. Just waiting for the right 2H to drop before I respec /again/ :)
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                        I'm duel wielding as well when I'm not OTing. Just waiting for the right 2H to drop before I respec /again/ :)
                        Try and get this [item]Doomulus Prime[/item], it is a quest reward from the perfect poison, which requires that you kill the first boss in AQ 20 and the snake boss in ZG.
                        Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
                        MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Glad to hear it helped Pistos. Feel free to whisper me in game, or we can meet up on TS, if you want to talk more about specific things.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                            Feel free to whisper me in game, or we can meet up on TS, if you want to talk more about specific things.
                            Originally posted by TG_Bear
                            Hit me up on TS the next time we finish a raid.
                            I will do that guys, thanks! If you do get a chance to post a bit though - there may be people other than me that wouldn't mind reading your suggestions. But I'd appreciate the opportunity to chat with you ingame (TS or text).
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Pistos, here is another link to several different warrior builds, including variants on fury (both 2H and Dual Wield).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1#post1173264

I have a Level 56 DW Fury Warrior and the spec plan for him is 17/34/0. Fighting style for him is pretty much the same as you already described...Battle Stance (mostly), battle shout, demoralizing shout, bloodthirst, sunder every now and then, heroic strike every now and then....but the white damage and normal rage generation combined with bloodthirst and overpower is the theme.

FWIW, my offhand for now is Julie's Dagger with its healing proc. If I were to do dual lifestealing enchants on top of all that, I'd have a farming fool with very strong self-healing (for a warrior at least).

My experience with this build is that a slower main hand and fast offhand seems to work best. Since the offhand miss rate is high to begin with, the faster speed still gets me some damage/rage in reasonable elapsed time.
                              Last edited by beep; 08-11-2006, 12:33 PM.
                              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X