Priest Greater Heal Macro.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest Greater Heal Macro.

All level 60 priest are required to make a macro as follows before raiding MC.

/# Casting GH(*) on %t. FIRST LINE
    /cast Greater heal(rank *) SECOND LINE

# = The number that represents your TGHealers chat channel.
    * = Either rank 2 or 3 greater heal.

Also in second line the 'G' in greater MUST be capitalized.

Ok I think that's it, THE POPE HAS SPOKEN, lmao. ; P

Re: Priest Greater Heal Macro.

Pope?? No no the pope is a holy man, Hale you're a dirty man.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

By Pope, he means Hell Spawn, curruptor of all that is holy, sent to hit on every woman until they blush.

:)
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Haletma, I know you use this macro as a "heal rotation", but it doesn't accomplish anything at all. A true rotation would be 1 priest spamming Greater Heal til they get either oom or ~20% mana, then telling the next priest to start spamming. This allows priests to rest outside of the 5 second rule and regen. The way you use it, all of the priests in the "rotation" are in the 5 second rule 2/3 of the time (assuming 3 priests in your rotation as I've seen), hurting mana regen alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
          Haletma, I know you use this macro as a "heal rotation", but it doesn't accomplish anything at all. A true rotation would be 1 priest spamming Greater Heal til they get either oom or ~20% mana, then telling the next priest to start spamming. This allows priests to rest outside of the 5 second rule and regen. The way you use it, all of the priests in the "rotation" are in the 5 second rule 2/3 of the time (assuming 3 priests in your rotation as I've seen), hurting mana regen alot.
          Considering that Beep keeps dying, Hitchins may be onto something! :)

Sorry Hale, I just could't resist!

Great, no heals for me this weekend. :(
          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

If you guys have a problem with this heal strat take it up with Arkamis and Crebis, this is being done on Rag ONLY per their strats.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just having some fun at your expense :)

Frankly, I don't care if you guys & gals sing the William Tell Overature and use that to time your heals as long as it keeps the MT alive. Actually, I think that may be more fun than a chat message :)
              “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Arkamis, Crebis, change your strat! :)

Comment

I can't disagree with what Hitch is saying, we are basically spamming GH, between 3 people on a 3 second rotation. any of us could keep the same heal speed on our own and would allow the other 2 to spot heal on crits and wand for mana or regen.

I think its worth trying.

PS: Hitchins check your PMs you dork! :)

| | |

Comment

There is a VERY good reason why there are 3 doing this.

1. When Rag's does the knockback, if you have 1 priest GHing and he gets knocked back = good chance MT dies. With 3, not to often do all 3 get knockback.
                    2. If a priest gets knockback, they have a very good chance of landing in lava and if that 1 priest doing GH happens to land in lava = Dead MT. With 3 same as above.
                    3. With 3 priest(and this happened on last Rag fight), if 1 runs LOM, they switch to wanding while other 2 keep GHing and then let's us know when ready to jump back in chain.

Personally this is best strat I can see for this fight, if you don't think so mention it to the raidleaders. I'm sure they can point you to a reference from where they got this strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Haletma View Post
                      There is a VERY good reason why there are 3 doing this.

1. When Rag's does the knockback, if you have 1 priest GHing and he gets knocked back = good chance MT dies. With 3, not to often do all 3 get knockback.
                      2. If a priest gets knockback, they have a very good chance of landing in lava and if that 1 priest doing GH happens to land in lava = Dead MT. With 3 same as above.
                      3. With 3 priest(and this happened on last Rag fight), if 1 runs LOM, they switch to wanding while other 2 keep GHing and then let's us know when ready to jump back in chain.

Personally this is best strat I can see for this fight, if you don't think so mention it to the raidleaders. I'm sure they can point you to a reference from where they got this strat.
                      The strat has worked so its the best strat we've used :). However I tend to agree with Sajier and Hitchens. Having an actual rotation where 1 of the 3 is out of the 5-second rule would probably be better. We have problems keeping the tank up when all 3 priests are knocked back and we can't get back in range quick enough. I don't think Sajier was saying have 1 priest there, just 1 (and imo it should be 2 based on cast time of GH) casting and the other(s) wanding from that location.

Point #1 and 2 are still the same. There are 3 priests standing there still, so if the one NOT healing needs to he/she can. If 1 priests dies you have 2 others there. If 1 priests gets knocked back you have 2 other there.

Point #3 should happen less often because if things go well each healer has had the opportunity to wand and regen during the fight.

And just for the record I don't have a problem ever just doing what is working, but if we can fine tune things and make them work better we should try. Until a boss is on true farm status little changes here and there aren't necessarily a bad thing. And this is the place that they need to be discussed -- NOT during the raid itself.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Effectively, with the timing we are running (priest 1 - 3 seconds - priest 2 - 3 seconds - priest 3 - 3 seconds, you are effectively chain fasting GH using 3 people. You could just as easily chain cast it yourself until you was at a certain mana point, with the other 2 priests standing there, spot healing on spikes in damage or knockbacks, and wanding, and then swapping to the next priest. You still have 3 priests on the tank, but only 1 is chain healing at any one point in time. If the other priests are watching the MT, wanding, and the healing priest gets knocked back, then they should see health dropping and throw a flash.

In the end what it does is conserve mana, still keeps 3 priests on the MT, but in the end the priests conserve mana by being able to regen at a maximum, add a bit more damage from wands, and creates a more consistant healing pattern (cause our current one never actually is priest, 3 secs, priest because there is no /pause function like in EQ, where this type of chain originated.

| | |

Comment

IF ya'll decide to go with the route of having 2 priests healing and 1 on standby for knockback then I'd suggest the reserve priest to stand by the rock near the casters where I park ili. It's close enough to the other 2 priests to heal them if I need to and if there is a knockback then the rock keeps me from flying off to Never never land. That way, if need be he can run up front ASAP to pick up healing when the time comes.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Honestly, its all a bunch of hooey anyway. The times theres a problem and the MT dies it has nothing to do with the priests standing around. Its because we're scrambling to get back from a knockback (or Beep's knocked back and out of range) so the whole 1 big heal every 3 seconds is lost. Assuming everything is going well and people are at their battle stations then the three healer rotation is guaranteeing Beep getting way overhealed at the expense of mana. And when things are crazy and we're scrambling back then we are casting as quick as we can - 3 seconds or not - to make up for the other healers getting back to their spot.

If 1 priest can chain it and have it work with the other two jumping in with a heal every now and then we'd all be better off.

The original reason according to the strat was it was more mana efficient to do it this way and that's really not the case. And if we really want to help the mana situation later in the fight then we need to get the sons together better. The mana burn those guys do is teh suck and people just do not get tight enough together for the ice/aoe.

Any chance we can work on some of these ideas Ark?
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I see alot of mention of being knocked back, if you are being knocked back, you need to stop standing near other people. I've gone many, many Rag fights without getting knocked back. The fireball that he throws at a player knocks back those standing near them, but leaves the target of the fireball alone. If we are spread out enough, you avoid the knockback. I typically stand way off by myself, without a wall behind me, and it works just fine.

Also, 3 priests doing a proper healing rotation will still need backup from a friendly druid or pally (or two).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X