Hunter Epic Bow Quest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Epic Bow Quest

Looking for some advice since Chair and Chad have completed this. I've read the walkthroughs and seen the videos from tkasomething but is there anything else I should know before I go kill the demons?

Also, for the Winterspring demon, can this demon be kited using strafe instead of jumpshot? If not, anyone have any tips on doing the jumpshot or macros(jump+serpent)?

Thanks.:row__523:
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Re: Hunter Epic Bow Quest

Originally posted by Muirc View Post
    Looking for some advice since Chair and Chad have completed this. I've read the walkthroughs and seen the videos from tkasomething but is there anything else I should know before I go kill the demons?

Also, for the Winterspring demon, can this demon be kited using strafe instead of jumpshot? If not, anyone have any tips on doing the jumpshot or macros(jump+serpent)?

Thanks.:row__523:

Mate! You'll have a lot of fun on these demons, and a lot of frustration.

The thing to understand that these fights are 50% skill, and 50% being prepared. Most of them require pots of some kind, and you should have as many buffs on you as possible, especially stuff like mage and druid buffs to give you a higher mana pool.

Which demon are you going to attempt first? I'll come with you and help you out as much as possible. :)

And in regards to the WS demon, im sure you CAN do it using strafe instead of jumpshot. I used jumpshot however, and it worked really really well. I can help you out with this too if you need :)

Delirium Platoon Leader
    Fate Squad Leader
    All round fantastic dude

Comment

Thanks Chad. I'm going after the WS demon cuz he seems the easiest...well sort of.....need to practice that jumpshot. :(

I'll try strafing but I have a feeling that it is going to be tougher to do it that way instead of the jumpshot because I won't be able to see what's in front of me.

Also, thanks for the offer on the help but might be kind of tough I was thinking of doing this in odd hours so not too many people get in the way of my kite. If I do see you on, I'll drop you a tell.

Thanks.
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

The Un'goro demon is laughably easy if you have a good melee weapon. Even without buffs. I used a combat health pot and tanked both of the mobs (the demon and her 20ft tall felhunter pet) no problem.

Something to consider, however, is 'aspect dancing'. Fight the fight in AotM and switch quickly to AotW and then back again in order to reduce the damage the lightning does.

Get a nice heavy weapon or a good weapon with demon slaying on it for the best results.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Thanks Tarenth. Sound advice. How far along are you on your quest? Do you have your bow as well?

Comment

I'm sad to say the leaf was the first thing I purchased under the DKP system on the first Domo kill we ever made. The sinew was the second thing I ever purchased on our first Onyxia kill we ever made.

After that...I haven't done much with it. -.-

Currently I've had a little extra time to kill so I've been giving the demons a few shots now and then whenever I feel up to it. I must admit its fun strutting around in epic gear outside of a BG...even if the repair bill sucks.

Un'goro - Down. One shot, one kill. Didn't even need any pots. Ice traped the pet and serpent stinged the demon before going into melee. Aspect danced to avoid some lightning damage and use scattershot when I had it up. Eventually I ended up tanking both the demon and her felhunter add. Deterance helped me with some rapid dodges and I was able to mongoose/raptor strike her to death. FDed because her pet didn't despawn and ended the fight with 1200 hp left. Killed recently

Silithus - Haven't tried him yet

Burning Steppes - Down. I tried twice to kite him up the road, but the first time was a disaster and ended in a quick death a few months back. The second series of attempts was much later and I think they changed some things with the demon since whenever I tried to kite him he'd rubber band back to his original position. When I switched over to meleeing him I got all the way to 3% before the Searing Scale Drake pathed up behind me and WTFPWNED me hard then he despawned and I cursed up a storm. Third attempts was recently and with Crebis and Ugly as my witnesses I got him down on the road. Fun fight, but the change in elevation from road to ground and off again puts your back to the demon and opens you for a daze even if you try to strafe. Luckily I had scattershot up each time and didn't get hit more than once with the enraged demon.

Winterspring - Decided to give it a shot while waiting for AV to pop. Unfortunately I picked a horrible place to trigger him and was surrounded by mobs. Trying to kite and avoid the mobs is not fun and even less so when one pops right on top of you and dazes you. Got him down to 40% before one popped right on top of me and things fell apart. Saddly Serpent Sting 9 does not work on him. Gotta use rank 8 to follow the script and everything. This demon will kill you if you fail unless you can get a decurse. The DoT does 800 shadow damage every 3 seconds. One hell of a repair bill at the end. I need to either trigger him near the road or have someone playing 'live bait' in front of me. A druid or mage would be nice to decurse if things go south. Priest/Paladin to rez wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure you can solo this though depending on where you path him.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Found this video on google. It's pretty useful and explains all four demons.

Comment

Muirc and others...

I know how absurdly frustrating the WS demon can be, took me three spawns over 3 hours or so (stopping for repairs and pots in between). The part that is tough is that you can't buff out of the difficulty... it's all about the kiting. It can be done totally solo with an intellect pot and mana pot.

What worked best for me was spawning him waaaay south as close to the road as possible. I cleared the hill (3 bears and a chimaera) and didn't have any trouble with adds. Kite him straight up the hill, and gradually veer left onto the road (don't turn sharply or he will catch up to you). From there you can strafe pretty easily, though I prefer jumpshot (Jump - mouse turn 90 degrees- hotkey serpent or arcane- mouse turn back to front- landing) since I have a tendency to run into rocks and trees and such. Pack a restorative potion, but don't blow it instead of a mana pot, which you will need once you hit the road - they share a cooldown. Also, don't forget he slows down around 15%, so don't go so fast that he loses aggro.. happened to me twice at 10%. In the end I ran in to melee the last 10% and shift-click looted the head before dying.

As far as Solenor, I can offer no real advice at all. Despite claims that he was the easiest, in fact I found him to be the worst so far. Finally got him down, with about 10% health and no mana left. Glad that's over! Brutal fight, all about saving mana for Wing Clip. In retrospect, I should have opted for EZ Thro dynamite instead of volley for the beetle adds. Just keep moving and conserve mana!

On to Simone and Klinfran!
                Last edited by Amrod; 09-26-2006, 01:51 PM.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

K, it's official. Simone is a joke.

One shot, just an NR pot, demonslaying pot and Aspect of the Wild. It was actually supposed to be a practice attempt, but...she just, kinda...died.
                  Freeze trapped the pet, Had her to 50% with ranged before she cursed me and came in for melee, then just tanked, looted and FD'd. No problems.

Klinfran, on the other hand, proved to be a bit more complex. I'll need some practice on the timing, gotta keep counting to 14 or 15 in my head and wing clip around 10 or so. Otherwise, should go down in the next couple days, when I have time to work on him.

Tarenth, Chair, Chad? (Crebis?) Did you spawn him on the road? Or in that little area between the drakes and the dragonkin, behind the hill? I had a few adds, which proved to be very annoying...
                  Also, which rank of Wing Clip did you use? Is rank 3 overkill?
                  Last edited by Amrod; 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

I watched a Horde hunter do it and he spawned him on the road and had a priest shammy and druid there to take care of adds. Which BTW I didn't see any when P and I watched him.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

That night when Ili and I saw the hordie do it I had seen him try earlier around the south-western edge of the zone and he was getting owned there. The road seemed to work out better for him - just east of the camp of dragonkin. It was fun to watch him succeed at it - even if he was a damn dirty horde.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

P and Ili are right. I've tried Klinfran a couple of times and the best place to spawn him is the road. Only other thing is before you spawn him be sure to spam yell you are doing the demon and not to touch him. Twice when I was trying him a couple of people tried to help and despawned him.

Also, thanks for the advice on the WS demon. I have the kiting path down. Now I just have to focus using my jumpshot and I should have him down soon. :)

Comment

OK! Got my last demon down last night after Ony, he's surprisingly straightforward once you get the pattern down and remember to get enough range when he's wing clipped.

Anyway - Muirc: Here's a list of pots that can be used for each demon. It's not exhaustive, but it may help...

- FYI - all of these demons were killed with a Demonslayer 2H equipped with Demonslaying enchant...

Artorius (WS) - basically, other than a mana pot, an intellect pot before the fight and, in the event of an aborted attempt, a restorative pot, there's not much else you can do to buff here. Just get jumpshot down and you're golden. Don't be afraid to concussive shot on the hill if you get nervous, either.

Simone (Un'Goro)

I know you got her already, but for other curious hunters, you could use an Intellect pot, Mongoose, Elixir of Giants (+25 Strength for 30 minutes), Demonslaying, and a Nature resist pot. If you are specced for deterrence, I don't think you even need to leave Aspect of the Wild, I took very little melee damage and, when I did, I just took a health pot mid-fight.

Klinfran (BS)

Demonslaying, Giants, Mongoose, Intellect, and 2 mana pots. Also, I still had residual raid buffs from Ony - Intellect, MotW, Fortitude and Spirit.
                          Start with a Frost trap and Aimed shot from max range. Keep backing up till he turns red. Scorpid sting. Run in, melee 3 hits with a 2-hander, wing clip and STRAFE away (not run away, he will daze you). Get some range, autoshot till he's red, scorpid, and repeat. It's a 6-7 minute fight, so you'll need the mana pots. You may want to eat some sagefish delight or apply some Brilliant mana oil before the fight, to regen mana as well.

I spawned him on the road, but to the west of the dragonkin, toward the Altar of Storms. Only 2 scorpid to watch for, I killed them before the fight and they were gone for 15 minutes. No other adds in the way.

Here's a good video that helped me get the rhythm down:
                          http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=5273

Solenor (Silithus)

Wow. This was my hardest demon. It was also the only demon that I could not solo... I had full raid buffs, Shadow resistance buff, a Healthstone, Mongoose, Demonslaying, and 3x shadow prot pots (per attempt). Also had Jan to help with fears. It was still brutal and I barely made it out alive when I got him down. Just be as prepped as possible, and bring enough pots for a few attempts (I think it took me 5-6 tries). Remember to keep an arcane shot on him, and KEEP MOVING. Those beetles will murder you fast. Stupid beetles.

Good Luck, and let me know if I can do anything else to help!

Comment

Just got Solenor down.

Pots I used = Mongoose, Greater Shadow pot, Intellect, Major Mana.

I also bandaged and had a healthstone.

I had the help from a RL friend, who is a lock, with the fears. I barely survived and just a suggestion don't use the higher ranked volley for the bugs. Also, if you have a lock helping, they can reapply the curse during the fight once it wears off. I guess the curse doesn't count as a buff cuz my friend reapplied it and he didn't despawn.

One question about Artorius...I'm not getting the virulent poison message.

Do I need to apply serpent sting more frequently for it to take effect and does the virulent poison debuff cause more dmg to him?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Muirc; 09-28-2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Gratz Muirc! The hardest one is down :)

For Artorius, honestly, I was so busy trying not to die that I was not paying attention to the debuff messages, but my way was to be sure that he absolutely always had a serpent sting on him. I tried to hit him with it every 4 seconds or so, followed by an arcane shot after every 2 serpent stings. His health dropped in chunks as long as I had the sting on him.

Keep it up and GL!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X