Priest Specs for BC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest Specs for BC

Still working on a few random points in my spec and I was interested in what the other priests were thinking for possible BC specs. If you have done one and don't mind sharing it I'd love to see it.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: Priest Specs for BC

This is my rough proposed build after the expansion. It leans on more of an overall support position with still having the ability to mend melted faces.

We are going to see more of a mixture of builds after the expansion as every raid will need some of each of the trees.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

I'm disappointed overall on the new talents but as one wise old priest told me, "Blizzard can't make priests too powerful or it will throw off the balance of the whole game....so we'll continue to get the shaft gear and talent wise."
    Lub it on!!!

Comment

I think I'll go with this for a healing build. It has served me well so far and the extra talents just improve on what I already have. The major change is the inclusion of Divine Spirit and Improved Divine spirit which is a very nice bonus to the already spiffy buff. Its a toss up between Absolution and Mental Agility, but I decided on MA for its inclusion of SW:P, PW:S, PW:F, SW:D, and Renew to the compliment of dispells and decurses.

If I ever wanted to focus on PvP or damage dealing I'd switch over to this for pure face melting fun. However I must admit I don't like shadow priests and I'd need to start hunting down +damage gear to add to my collection of +healing and +mana endurance gear.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

My Level 70 Healing Build: Here

My Leveling Build: Here

My Face Melting PvP: Here if I ever do it
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Right now this is what I think I will go with pending more explanation from Blizz about some of the other talents - ie. Is Pain Supression a self-cast only, what's the deal with dazed targets and how does Focused Power fit in, is Lightwell really just being left in there so people can laugh at priests until the xpac comes out and they add something someone will actually use, etc.

I need to read more on reflective shield and the dynamics of +healing gear to it. Alava has me a bit more interested in this. Misery is interesting too. It seems like some of the Priest talents are built toward more help other classes do damage with the Imp Divine Spirit and Misery. Disc's answer to shadow weaving I guess.

For now I'm planning on using my points in other pre-xpac talents that I couldn't get. But that will change 7 or 8 times before I ever get level 61 I'm sure.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

this sure looks like more fun though:
          http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10351121051550
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

THIS is my Raiding Shadow spec

and for my PVP shadow spec : HERE.. notice that there are 2 unspent points.. im torn between imp VE 2 pts.. or imp fort 2 pts
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Chair you...um...linked the same build for both.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'd love to see what you are thinking too Alava :D
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Man, I have so many things I want to try now :)

Spirit Build - This build trys to give best spirit and use of spirit for damage and Healing. Not sure what will be the best mix of Enlightenment and Spiritual Guidance. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Damage Dealer who can still use holy Concept here is to focus mostly in the Disc Tree to up damage, taking a few talents in shadow to add additional damage output and still be able to channel some holy if you are getting beat on. I like this because it doesn't lock out my holy spells.

Holy Moly!- Yeah my happy new holy build. No more Prayer of Spirit, but I think the new higher level Holy talents will be worth trying out.

So what ya got?

| | |

Comment

Can't edit my own posts :(.

So, after finding the Holy Reach change, I have had to re-think things a bit.

Here are a couple Healing/Holy builds. Let me know what you guys think cause I am really kinda up in the air atm.

Build 1: Holy Tree with Divine Spirit(23/38/0) - Idea was to get Divine Spirit and Improved to get the extra +10% of spirit added on, and then just max out healing in the Holy Tree. You lose a bit in Empowered Healing and Circle of Healing, but gain +10% spirit to Healing and add 40 spirit.

Build 2: Healing Holy(20/41/0) - No Spirit Focus, pretty much the same as my previous Holy build only swapping 2 points in Holy Reach into 2 points of Holy Specialization.

Build 3: Eh, SMITE ME!(33/28/0)- Just a fun build, might try this for leveling. Built around using Smite as your main damage source by added to its Crits/Damage and such, while still having at least some healing power.

So many possibilities, this is the kind of problem I can get used to.
                    Last edited by Sajier; 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM.

| | |

Comment

Had a little time to mess around with some build ideas:

27/34/0 - Imp Fort and Imp Spirit Buffs plus 3 pts in Holy Concentration. Only 1 pt in Subtlety which I don't like but oh well.

20/41/0 - 41 pt Holy - Be interested in seeing how the new insta aoe heal works and with the changes in lightwell if it could actually be useful.

17/0/44 - Shadow Build I'll try out one day... :D

Kinda messing around with what kind of build to use when BC hits too... won't have the full talent points at level 60. As BC gets closer and the questions of what happens between lvl 60-70 are made clearer then I guess I can mess with that more.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

24/37/00 - Power of buffs with the same healing kick I currently have.

20/41/00 - All the old favorites with more healing talents thrown in to make use of the CoH spell. I'm interested to see where this can get some use other than Vael

00/02/59 - Pure shadow for that 'heart of darkness' PvP pwnage we all dream of being able to do one day.

23/31/07 - And just for kicks, a holy PvP build for some smiting action.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X