Philosophical Prot question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophical Prot question

I was playing around with the talent calculator this morning (big surprise there) and looking at the top 2 tiers in Prot. My question is this, what do you view as more beneficial?

1. Anticipation 5/5 - gives you +10 to defense
    2. Toughness - 10% to your total armor

On it's face I want to jump on the additional +10 defense but when you look at our numbers, many of us have around 8000 armor. So which provides better damage mitigation assuming you don't take both?
    Last edited by TG_Bear; 11-09-2006, 03:44 PM.
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: Philosophical Prot question

With the level of gear you are at Bear the +10% to Armor is more beneficial.

Comment

What I did was choose +armor over +defense.

With Tier1+ gear, you gain enough +defense to avoid most critical strikes (but not all, assuming Defense of 375+). Offsetting that risk, you have substantial +stamina to raise your HP and keep you up long enough for the healers to do their magic.

Of course, consecutive crits against you CAN happen...and you will then die.:row__540:
      Last edited by beep; 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Thanks guys, that was my thinking, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.
        “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

imho... +10% AC is a better point spent... because you have a decent amount of DEF already.. and might be overkill.. while the AC will always be beneficial