Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior Management

OK...listen up!

I really like the attendance and the enthusiasm I saw during our Friday night "Orion Surprise" raids in MC and BWL. BUT...I was not impressed with some of our performance around "aggro stealing". Not all were guilty, but all should read and heed...

At the start of the raid, the RL and I always have a chat about tanking priority for the evening events, the result of which is designation of MT1, MT2, etc. It is my plan to have a "lazy rotation" of prot spec warriors through the different tanking spots over the course of several raids for the experience you get and for me to observe your tanking (with the possibility of some suggestions for improvement). What I observed, particularly in the Razorgore Phase 2 fight, was an apparent all out attempt by all warriors to max damage with the result that Kel (designated MT2) was pushed down the list by Tonk (among others). Now I don't think anyone was trying intentionally to displace Kel on the aggro list, but it happened. And when it happens, she can't do the job she was designated to do, healing assignments have to switch on the fly, and chaos can ensue. We can and must do better than that.

Our DPS warriors are already used to watching their own aggro generation with very infrequent slips to the top of aggro. Our Prot Spec tanks have to be more careful. For example, in the Vael fight, aggro list "management" is critical...it can be the difference between winning and wiping.

I'm told by those who've been through the instance that BWL is an instance that relies heavily on good warrior skills (and gear). We have to be smarter and not assume that the same old "spank and tank" tactics from lesser instances are adequate. Tonk has to be more careful than most of us because his temporary gear superiority makes him a better aggro generator than the rest of us.

I remain proud of you all and I'm always grateful for the good job(s) you do. If I didn't care, I wouldn't create this sort of post.:)
    Last edited by beep; 11-17-2006, 02:09 PM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: warrior Management

? do u mean thursday? i was gone friday-sunday.... i hope im not that bad where i screw up when im not even in the raid