Benediction Quest for Dummies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benediction Quest for Dummies

If you haven't guessed, I'm the dummy...

Tried soloing this last night three times...respecced to disc/holy (23/28) got buffed in IF and headed to EPL...died in the Terrorweb tunnel THREE times...lost all the buffs, of course...

First attempt...totally lost and confused...keybindings (from the new spec/spells) were borked.

Second attempt...better, but couldn't show health bars over their heads...some new addon has this hosed.

Third attempt...still no health bars, but was doing "OK" before some dorkbutt rode through and healed someone...which then triggers the uber elite to come out and one shot you. Logged out before I did something stupid.

So...I'm feeling really bummed and inept. I'm embarrassed and really frustrated. I'd welcome any suggestions from others who have completed this. FWIW, I've read all the other on-line posts in other forums...all of which make me feel even more inept (i.e. if those doofs can do it, why can't I!).
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Benediction Quest for Dummies

Beep, you aren't the only person who has had problems with the health bars over there heads.

Do you have both eyes equiped during the fight?
    Did you take a Pali buddy to act as a skele magnet?

I will be glad to help out in any way I can Sir.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
      Beep, you aren't the only person who has had problems with the health bars over there heads.

Do you have both eyes equiped during the fight?
      Did you take a Pali buddy to act as a skele magnet?

I will be glad to help out in any way I can Sir.
      1. Only had Eye of Divinity Equipped. I didn't know that both were to be equipped.
      2. No one else was there. (I have a hard time asking for help...:()
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I will come with ya sir, just let me know when you want to try it. I ran it with both equiped and was able to see the name tags, but many have complained about not being able to see them.

| | |

Comment

I think the name tags has something to do with the old 'v' command. I know they changed it but I'm not sure what they changed it to.

I would get yourself some Oil of Immolation and some Strat Holy Water for the skellys. Obviously Mage, Druid, and Pally buffs help too. The other thing that really helps is Holy Nova.

Are the problems the skellys beating you down or running out of mana?

You don't need to have the Eye of Shadow equipped. When I did mine it was before they "fixed" the Spectral Essence to only work in Caer Darrow so I didn't have either eye when I did that part. Now you must have the Eye of Divinity equipped but the other isn't necessary.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Just stab things. It works for me. /shrug
            Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
              I think the name tags has something to do with the old 'v' command. I know they changed it but I'm not sure what they changed it to.

I would get yourself some Oil of Immolation and some Strat Holy Water for the skellys. Obviously Mage, Druid, and Pally buffs help too. The other thing that really helps is Holy Nova.

Are the problems the skellys beating you down or running out of mana?

You don't need to have the Eye of Shadow equipped. When I did mine it was before they "fixed" the Spectral Essence to only work in Caer Darrow so I didn't have either eye when I did that part. Now you must have the Eye of Divinity equipped but the other isn't necessary.
              1. The big problem was having too many die from arrows...mostly trouble with how to figure out who needed the help most and being distracted by the skellies.
              2. The second problem was mana sufficiency, but that wasn't overwhelming. Even with no buffs, mana pots were doing the job.
              3. Holy Nova one-shots the skellys, but eats a lot of mana. I did use Oil of Immolation as well (when I thought about it) .

One of the "ideas" I didn't try was zooming the camera way out and going "overhead" to look down on the event to minimize "overlaps" on the villager targeting. The most troublesome thing was in not being able to see the health bars. That one is a mystery to me. I tried to stay near the quest giver so as not to run around too much (something else to manage!!!) and to get the health/mana rebuff from the quest giver.
              Beep

Comment

You will need to move around some, you should be halfway between the cave and where they "finish" so you can keep renews on them from start to finish.

I did zoom all the way out and have a top down view of the fight the entire time personally.

| | |

Comment

The health bars are actually broken and will no longer show for peasents. This has been an issue since patch 1.12 and they're still working on it.

I soloed this quest without buffs and found it to be rather fun and interesting. Then again, I'm a Holy/Disc priest with a crap load of gear so that may have played a little extra bit on my part.

First the basics:
                  1. Make sure you have at least 1 [item]Major Mana Potion[/item], 1 [item]Dark Rune[/item]/[item]Demonic Rune[/item], and 1 [item]Heavy Runecloth Bandage[/item]. It would seriously suck if you failed because you ran out of mana at a bad time or died. You should have 1 of each because they do not share a cooldown and the runes are definately cheaper than the pots.
                  2. You only need, at max, 5 spells for this fight:2 Renews, Flash heal, Holy Nova, and Abolish Disease. Fix your hot bar accordingly. If you have plenty of healing and damage gear you want to get a good mix of it on you so you can judge things to your level. I found Renew 4, Flash heal 3, Renew 10, Abolish Disease, and Holy Nova 3 to be effective for the quest with a moderate amount of healing/damage gear and mapped them accordingly 1-5. Pick whichever holy nova does at least 100 damage when factoring in the +5% damage tower buff and +damage.
                  3. Pick your gear. You do not need epics for this quest. You should first try and get a good amount of +healing and +damage so you can use a lower ranked spell, but don't go overboard. If you can get holy nova to 100 damage then there's no point in pushing it to 120. After that you want as much intel and mana/5second as you can get. A large mana pool and constant regeneration help a lot for the quest. Last you want some spirit for when you go outside the 5 second rule for mana regen.
                  4. Buff yourself! You realistically only need PW:Fort and Inner Fire to do this quest. Arcane intel, Divine Spirit, and MotW will help, but shouldn't be counted on. If you have lightwell make sure to put it down as well before you start the quest.

When doing the quest you need to watch for visual and verbal cues given to you by the peasents themselves. If a peasent gets a disease you need to remove it ASAP. Blue diseases will only be seen when a wave spawns, but must be removed fast or it will eat your peasent quickly. Green diseases will randomly effect peasents as they walk and you will see them say something about dying (EG "Leave me, I'm done for"). Peasents will also be shot at randomly by skeletal archers. Like all missile attacks they will leave an arrow stuck in the peasent they hit. If you see a peasent turn into a pincushsion then you might want to ramp up your healing a bit.

Remember, less is more. You shouldn't run even close to 50% mana until at least the halfway point of the second wave. Aside from using abolish disease you should avoid healing the peasents excessively and try to stay outside the 5 second rule as much as possible. In practice you want to use your lower ranked renew when they hit around 80%, your higher renew at 40%, and save flash healing for when they get to 20%. As long as the peasent gets to their destination it doesn't matter if they reach it at 5% or 100%.

When dealing with the skeletons, again, less is more. You should round all the skeletons up and then be able to take them down with 1 holy nova. If you miss one then whip out that wand or whack them with your mace/staff. At close to max weapon skill you can kill a skeleton with 1 hit of a staff or 2 hits with a fast mace/wand. This will save you mana. Alternatively you can also use a [item]Oil of Immolation[/item] to kill the skeletons. This is rather risky since you will be taking some heavy damage from them while waiting for the oil to hit. If low on health you have no option but to either bandage (which prevents you from healing the peasents) or heal yourself (which wastes mana). There is also always the option of letting the lone skeleton keep hitting you until the next wave of skeletons spawn, but this will interfer with your ability to flash heal and obviously cause you to take damage.

I suggest you try it a few times without anyone else's help before you start asking for people to go with you. Practicing with the most difficult of conditions will just have you adjust until you can get it right. However, practicing with full buffs and failing means you'll fail for sure without them.

When doing the quest there are actually 2 types of peasents. Those dressed in green and those dressed in brown. The majority of the peasents will be dressed in brown and walk rather slowly towards their goal. Yes...people in a life threatening situation who are trying to run to save their souls from a painful exsistance of undeath will walk at a snail's pace. Peasents dressed in green will usually spawn with the blue disease and actually run for the goal. The brown peasents will require you to babysit them, but the green peasents can safely be put out of mind since you can give each one a shot of Abolish Disease and Renew 4 and they'll do the rest of the work on their own.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Oil of Immolation, Crystal Spire (crystal buffs from Un Goro), Holy Water, Major Mana pot, Mage Blood potion (think that is one 12mana per sec), Brilliant Mana Oil (12mana per sec to weapon). Also that buff from Blasted Lands, +25 intel.

I tried to get Pally and Druid to come to buff me with BoW and Thorns, could not find.

The peasant that are closest to dying are the ones with an aura around them, think it is purple or blue. I watched Bene video on youtube before I attempted. It also took me 3 times to complete the quest and from my understanding V- health bar no longer works, blizz took that out.
                    "As Above, So Below"

Comment

When I did it, I also made myself a flask of distilled wisdom as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X