Scary thought: 70 Affliction Lock + Shadow Priest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary thought: 70 Affliction Lock + Shadow Priest

Out of curiousity I was crunching some numbers, and I noticed that a level 70 affliction lock and a shadow priest working together could do some serious damage. I'm sure this thought has occured to everybody before, but here are some numbers (not including pets!):
    • DPS: ~1200 DPS total
    • Self-healing: ~400 HPS each
    • Mana Regen: 60mps + normal regen.

And basically this is entirely sustainable- the lock can convert all that healing into mana at a tidy rate and the priest's attack plan (SW:P/Vampiric Touch/Mind Flay) is mana efficient enough when combined with the right spec to be fully sustainable.

Shadow damage synergy FTW.

Re: Scary thought: 70 Affliction Lock + Shadow Priest

Vampiric Embrace and Touch only turn the priests Shadow Damage into healing/mana.

So only way this works is if your priest is kicking out 1200DPS, which I don't think is happening.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
      Vampiric Embrace and Touch only turn the priests Shadow Damage into healing/mana.

So only way this works is if your priest is kicking out 1200DPS, which I don't think is happening.
      Huh, you're right. The tooltip used to be more ambiguous.

Comment

On a related note:

Get 5 shadow priests together in a raid in shadowform. All 5 cast VE on the target. All 5 cast SW:P on the target. All 5 spam SW: Death on the target.

Enjoy.

Its beautiful really. With Imp VE your shadow spells will heal your group 30% of the damage done. If you don't kill your target you will take 100% of the shadow damage. So lets say all 5 priests have no +damage gear (yeah, impossible but lets just say its true).

Each priest does 572-664 damage with SW: death 2 so lets say 600 damage per cast for the sake of numbers. Since all 5 priests used a shadow spell that means 5/5 shadow weaving is up (+15% shadow damage), they all have darkness of course (+10% shadow damage), and no good shadow priest goes without shadowform when they can get away with it (+15% shadow damage). That gives us a grand total of +40% shadow damage for 840 damage per SW: Death cast.

Priest 1 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
        Priest 2 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
        Priest 3 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
        Priest 4 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
        Priest 5 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252

Total damage done: 4200
        Total damage taken per priest: 820
        Total damage healed per priest: 1260

So SW: Death (instant), Mind flay, Mind flay, SW: Death is a very evil combination. Then you could throw up VT for 5% of your shadow damage back and a shadowfiend to keep the entire group's mana up.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
          On a related note:

Get 5 shadow priests together in a raid in shadowform. All 5 cast VE on the target. All 5 cast SW:P on the target. All 5 spam SW: Death on the target.

Enjoy.

Its beautiful really. With Imp VE your shadow spells will heal your group 30% of the damage done. If you don't kill your target you will take 100% of the shadow damage. So lets say all 5 priests have no +damage gear (yeah, impossible but lets just say its true).

Each priest does 572-664 damage with SW: death 2 so lets say 600 damage per cast for the sake of numbers. Since all 5 priests used a shadow spell that means 5/5 shadow weaving is up (+15% shadow damage), they all have darkness of course (+10% shadow damage), and no good shadow priest goes without shadowform when they can get away with it (+15% shadow damage). That gives us a grand total of +40% shadow damage for 840 damage per SW: Death cast.

Priest 1 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
          Priest 2 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
          Priest 3 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
          Priest 4 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252
          Priest 5 does 840 damage, takes 840 damage, heals group 252

Total damage done: 4200
          Total damage taken per priest: 820
          Total damage healed per priest: 1260

So SW: Death (instant), Mind flay, Mind flay, SW: Death is a very evil combination. Then you could throw up VT for 5% of your shadow damage back and a shadowfiend to keep the entire group's mana up.
          Don't forget Misery, there's another 5% spell damage. If all 5 have VT up too, they're regenerating a lot of mana. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X