Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

    I'm considering this spec...

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=phZNV0mZfVtoGMzcfsp

    Which is Protection Oriented...with a twist...

    1. Heroic Strike will have a 6 rage reduction in cost...spam HS FTW!!
    2. Runs a bit lighter on defense (no talents in +def), but heavier on armor boost (+talent in armor boost), with the +stam and +str talent points.
    3. Puts some points into fury tree for +AP and +rage talents aiming for more rage generation to support #1.

    I'd welcome your thoughts and suggestions!!!
    Beep


    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

  • #2
    Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TVZZbEtsIMdfest

    Utilizing Sunder Armor, Shield Slam, and Revenge to hold aggro (Devastate to refresh Sunder and do a little DPS when it's not time to Shield Block or Revenge). This is nearly my spec atm (missing Imp Shield Wall and Shield Mastery), and 9 rage Sunder Armors are greatness.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

      I am currently intending to spec
      http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TVMcdAbogcdioVVzZf

      if I find that I am having serious problems tanking I may switch to
      http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=pAMcdhbogczioVZfVzoh or a slight variation of this.

      I would, however, like to experiment with
      http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=pVMcdGbogMzZVVzVzgoV
      Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
      MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

        After having a few problems with aggro in some of the 5man instances I have respec'd to provide myself and my groups with more utility. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TVMcdGbogcdioVZf0t0h

        I moved 9 pts into the prot tree for added armor, added threat, and last stand.

        I have roughly 11k AC and 11k HP unbuffed in my tank gear.
        Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
        MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

          Update:

          Here's my current build...

          http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TAZVZfEtosMzcjct

          I went after reduced rage costs for Heroic Strike and Sunder Armor (remember how hard it is to generate rage, at least on trash).

          Great for tanking...not so good for farming.
          Beep


          Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

            My Current spec:

            http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...30000000000000

            Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
            BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
            TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

              Originally posted by beep View Post
              Here's my current build...

              [link]
              Beep -- out of curiosity, why no shield slam? What other talent makes as satisfying THWACK sound as SS? :)

              Here's where I'll be at 70. I slogged through levels 60-67 as protection spec, so this isn't a theoretical build per se:

              [I'm restricted from posting links -- go to wowhead dot com and paste on /?talent=LA0czZxZfVtoIMdccst to pull up the build]
              12/5/44

              I'd argue that this build strips out a lot of the nice-but-actually-not-that-useful Protection talents (Imp Revenge, Anticipation (gear-dependent), Imp Shield Bash, and 1H Weapon Spec) and buffs the non-Prot trees in what I do use -- Heroic Strike, Thunderclap, and Shouts.

              Some comments for the bored at work:

              12 in Arms: lower-rage Imp Heroic Strike, higher damage+threat Imp Thunderclap are straightforward -- I use them every pull. Anger Management is not a goal of placing points in Arms, just a 1-point bonus. I used to swear by Imp Charge, but with TBC I'm rarely charge pulling.

              5 in Fury: Booming Voice for the extra threat generated by buffing more of my party -- wider radius means I can buff the ranged/casters and get a threat boost. The duration extension is nice, but secondary.

              44 in Protection: Every point here either buffs my stats or improves my damage mitigation. I'm ignoring anything that buffs my damage output or gives a chance to stun or silence (i.e. yes to Conc. Blow but no to Imp Shield Bash). With a good group that knows how to monitor the threat table, my DPS is not much of a factor. One "new" talent here is Improved Shield Wall, formerly the ugly stepchild of talents. I've learned to love that extra 5 seconds -- it's one more tick of the Mp5 and/or one more big heal.

              Curious to hear reactions to the assertion "my DPS is not much of a factor"
              Last edited by wlbrn2; 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: added my build + comments
              Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
              Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
              Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
              Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
                Utilizing Sunder Armor, Shield Slam, and Revenge to hold aggro (Devastate to refresh Sunder and do a little DPS when it's not time to Shield Block or Revenge). This is nearly my spec atm (missing Imp Shield Wall and Shield Mastery), and 9 rage Sunder Armors are greatness.
                Hey Hitch, do you notice any difference at all without Tactical Mastery? That's one of those talents I always assumed were mandatory but now I doubt I'd notice.

                Off topic for this thread, but on topic otherwise: Hitch, was it you I was talking with about a Kara squad the day I joined TG (couple weeks back now)? I was playing my Shammy (Belize) at the time, but my warrior is transferred now. I've got 1.8 levels and the whole KZ key chain still to do, but I'm definitely interested in eventually signing up with a squad. PM here or in game, looking forward to chatting about this.
                Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
                Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
                Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
                Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                  Originally posted by wlbrn2 View Post
                  Beep -- out of curiosity, why no shield slam? What other talent makes as satisfying THWACK sound as SS? :)

                  Here's where I'll be at 70. I slogged through levels 60-67 as protection spec, so this isn't a theoretical build per se:

                  [I'm restricted from posting links -- go to wowhead dot com and paste on /?talent=LA0czZxZfVtoIMdccst to pull up the build]
                  12/5/44

                  I'd argue that this build strips out a lot of the nice-but-actually-not-that-useful Protection talents (Imp Revenge, Anticipation (gear-dependent), Imp Shield Bash, and 1H Weapon Spec) and buffs the non-Prot trees in what I do use -- Heroic Strike, Thunderclap, and Shouts.

                  Some comments for the bored at work:

                  12 in Arms: lower-rage Imp Heroic Strike, higher damage+threat Imp Thunderclap are straightforward -- I use them every pull. Anger Management is not a goal of placing points in Arms, just a 1-point bonus. I used to swear by Imp Charge, but with TBC I'm rarely charge pulling.

                  5 in Fury: Booming Voice for the extra threat generated by buffing more of my party -- wider radius means I can buff the ranged/casters and get a threat boost. The duration extension is nice, but secondary.

                  44 in Protection: Every point here either buffs my stats or improves my damage mitigation. I'm ignoring anything that buffs my damage output or gives a chance to stun or silence (i.e. yes to Conc. Blow but no to Imp Shield Bash). With a good group that knows how to monitor the threat table, my DPS is not much of a factor. One "new" talent here is Improved Shield Wall, formerly the ugly stepchild of talents. I've learned to love that extra 5 seconds -- it's one more tick of the Mp5 and/or one more big heal.

                  Curious to hear reactions to the assertion "my DPS is not much of a factor"
                  EDITED RESPONSE: My bad...my posted spec is wrong. I DO have Shield Slam and use it ALWAYS when it is up after cooldown. I'll probably respec again when I get around to it and will move Improved Heroic Strike talents into Improved Thunderclap.
                  Last edited by beep; 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM.
                  Beep


                  Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                    First off, I'll give another endorsment for Shield Slam, awesome ability, if you are deep enough in the prot tree to pick it up for 1 point, you should.

                    My current spec isn't exactly what I linked above, nor is it the spec I really want to be at, I'm just lazy and haven't respecced since the TC change. Here's what I will respec to: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TV0cZZfVtRIMdfest (All I'm doing is moving 3 points into Imp TC)

                    As you'll notice, I now have Tactical Mastery, the +20 defense is still attractive, but I have 500 Defense without a single +def rating gem socketed. There's so many times to stance dance due to fear that I thought it worth it.

                    I've tried heroic strike tanking and found that it isnt as much aggro as using shield slam and revenge on cooldown, with devastate to fill in the gaps. Regarding Booming Voice, they nerfed the threat that Shouts do, you only get the threat from buffing yourself now, not worth 5 points imho.

                    I've been meaning to post the macros that I use when tanking, they greatly simplify the number of buttons I have to push. I'll try and get around to that soon ;)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                      Here is Kel's current spec, she can post more about it if she feels like it.

                      Kel's Spec

                      All I can say, as her usual healer, is in normal instances she takes almost no damage and has very little trouble keeping aggro off Dewi and Aeryck going full bore.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

                      | | |

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                        Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
                        I've tried heroic strike tanking and found that it isnt as much aggro as using shield slam and revenge on cooldown, with devastate to fill in the gaps.
                        In fights where I have rage to spare, the damage is nice. I've always felt like I get great breaks on HS crits -- totally unscientific, it just feels like i do heh.

                        Regarding Booming Voice, they nerfed the threat that Shouts do, you only get the threat from buffing yourself now, not worth 5 points imho.
                        I missed that w/ 2.0, you are totally correct. I'll nix those 5 points and move them to 5/5 1H Specialization for the 10% damage boost.

                        I've been meaning to post the macros that I use when tanking, they greatly simplify the number of buttons I have to push. I'll try and get around to that soon ;)
                        Please do, I've never really experimented w/ using macros on my warrior. I have my 1 through 0,-,+ keys bound differently from my num pad (lots of time creating Excel spreadsheets in RL = tanking wizardry :)) so I haven't run into a key shortage but I'm always curious for new ideas.
                        Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
                        Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
                        Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
                        Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Warrior End Game Spec...what's your target?

                          OK...I finally got around to my respec to take advantage of having Thunderclap available in Defensive Stance.

                          Here's my current build (8/0/53)HERE
                          Beep


                          Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

                          Comment

                          Connect

                          Collapse

                          TeamSpeak 3 Server

                          Collapse

                          Advertisement

                          Collapse

                          Twitter Feed

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X