Warlock Builds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlock Builds

I see these builds for warlock's but is there one progression thats better than others? Demonology/Destruction build for example... Should I max out in Destruction first and then put points into demonology or the other way around? I solo alot and would also like to be able to help groups when asked. Also, is there a profession that helps a warlock more than another? I like fishing but... Anyway thanks for your help in advance

Re: Warlock Builds

Originally posted by wahughes37 View Post
    I see these builds for warlock's but is there one progression thats better than others? Demonology/Destruction build for example... Should I max out in Destruction first and then put points into demonology or the other way around? I solo alot and would also like to be able to help groups when asked. Also, is there a profession that helps a warlock more than another? I like fishing but... Anyway thanks for your help in advance
    Wow what a loaded question that is. I dont think the answer can be given without writing a book!

I personally liked the SM/RUIN build while running solo but it really isnt group friendly. It also is versatile for PvP play.

Well since TBC came out the game has changed dramatically and with it I have found myself in groups more and have had to change to Demo build so that I can have a felguard. The felguard can act as an off tank and is also good for picking up adds and doing lots of damage.

A couple of good sources of information can be found here:

http://wow-loot.com/warlock.htm

and

http://www.wowmb.net/

Professions also are a loaded question...

Tailoring is useful that you are able to pick up some really good patterns that really help you get some descent gear till you find better in instances.

Alchemy is useful that you are able to provide yourself some good potions that are able to enhance your damage.

Engineering is useful for PvP ... able to make bombs that add to damage or supply yourself a few seconds to escape or get help

Now as far as fishing and first aid are concerned ... always pick these up and max them out.. first aid in particular since you will be bandaging yourself after life tapping your mana back to full... fishing and cooking are useful since you can give yourself some great buffs from cooking recipes.

I hope there is some information in here that you will find useful.. I strongly suggest reading everything you can.. and follow the path that you think you will enjoy most.

Comment

Tailoring is great for making high level BoP items that at this point are some of the best in the game for 70 caster types. But you probably won't make a whole lot of money at it. And you can always switch out of a gathering profession once you reach 65 or so and pick up tailoring and powerlevel it up if that gear is what you want.

I know alot of Engineers aren't happy with the current situation of their profession. Though I can't really speak to that or Alchemy since I've never had either profession on any of my toons.

Basically crafter professions (tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking, engineering, alchemy) aren't very good at making money though you can make items that could be beneficial. Gathering professions (herbalism, mining, skinning) are much more helpful for bringing in cash. And I agree with Ash, level up fishing and cooking on at least one of your toons. There are some really nice buffs you can get from the food you can make.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
        I know alot of Engineers aren't happy with the current situation of their profession.
        I am hating Eng atm and have thought several times about dropping it altogether. It is very costly and very difficult to level up. I originally got it as a means to pull mobs with my pally but now I have a couple of different ways to pull mob so I have thought several times about dropping it but it has been useful to make scopes and ammo for my hunter so I am still hanging onto it atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post
          I personally liked the SM/RUIN build while running solo but it really isnt group friendly. It also is versatile for PvP play
          Man that ain't a lie, Laud is either REAL aggro heavy with her dots or the tanks in the last 2 PUGS sucked (I'd rather go with option 2). SM/Ruin is SOOOO much fun as you can kill things rather swiftly and not have alot of downtime but you really have to watch yourself in groups.

For professions I picked up Tailoring/Enchanting. Like P said tailoring isn't all that profitable but I DE what I make most of the time so I can lvl enchanting. Also you can get some really nice patterns for shadow dmg later on in the game and spellthread from Scryer rep.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I know they have not said officaly Ash but from what i hear they are going to do a bunch of ajustments to Eng. with 2.1.0
            Final Fantasy 11 Retired
            ~Unicorn- Choo 40Blm, 36Drk, 20War, 18Whm

World of Warcraft

~Choo-Lock 53

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed