YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! - Food Buffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! - Food Buffs

Well if you've been persistant in working on your cooking skill then there are some good buffs you can get relatively cheaply for use in the runs. If you've been a slacker or just haven't bothered then fear not for Chef Tarenth has you covered.

Farmable Meat:

[item]Ravager Flesh[/item] -> [item]Ravager Dog[/item]
    Drops off any Ravagers in Hellfire Peninsula or Blade's Edge Mountains.

[item]Buzzard Meat[/item] -> [item]Buzzard Bites[/item]
    Drops off any Buzzards in Hellfire Peninsula and Terokkar Forest.

[item]Jaggal Clam Meat[/item] -> [item]Clam Bar[/item]
    Comes from Jaggal Clams dropped from assorted marine mobs (mostly Naga). The least efficient cooked food since it takes 2 meat and some spices to make. However you get these running Steamvaults and the other Coilfang instances so you don't have to go out of your way to farm.

[item]Strange Spores[/item] -> [item]Sporeling Snack[/item]
    Drops off any beast in Zangarmarsh. (It may be hunter only, but its good juju for you if you throw any you find my way.)

[item]Chunk o' Basilisk[/item] -> [item]Blackened Basilisk[/item]
    Drops off any Basilisks in Zangarmarsh, Terokkar Forest, and Blade's Edge Mountains.

[item]Clefthoof Meat[/item] -> [item]Roasted Clefthoof[/item]
    Drops off any Clefthoofs in Nagrand.

[item]Talbuk Venison[/item] -> [item]Talbuk Steak[/item]
    Drops off any Talbuks in Nagrand.

[item]Warped Flesh[/item] -> [item]Warp Burger[/item]
    Drops off any Warp Stalkers in Terrokar Forest only.

Fishing:

[item]Barbed Gill Trout[/item] -> [item]Blackened Trout[/item]
    Fished from still water everywhere. While it doesn't provide a food buff, cooking these fish will raise the price of a stack from 1.6s to 30s effectively increasing their sell value by 1875%.

[item]Spotted Feltail[/item] -> [item]Feltail Delight[/item]
    Fished up in Zangarmarsh and Terokkar Forest from pools and uncommon in still water.

[item]Zangarian Sporefish[/item] -> [item]Blackened Sporefish[/item]
    Fished in Zangarmarsh from pools and uncommon from still water.

[item]Figluster's Mudfish[/item] -> [item]Grilled Mudfish[/item]
    Fished in Nagrand and Netherstorm from pools and uncommon in still water.

[item]Icefin Bluefish[/item] -> [item]Poached Bluefish[/item]
    Fished in Nargand from pools and uncommon in still water.

[item]Golden Darter[/item] -> [item]Golden Fish Sticks[/item]
    Fished in Terokkar Forest from pools and uncommon in still water.

[item]Furious Crawdad[/item] -> [item]Spicy Crawdad[/item]
    Fished in Terokkar Forest only from the 3 flight only lakes in Highland Mixed School pools. Requires at least 430 fishing to attempt and up to 525 for best results.

Summary

DPS: [item]Ravager Dog[/item], [item]Roasted Clefthoof[/item], [item]Warp Burger[/item], [item]Grilled Mudfish[/item]

CASTER: [item]Blackened Sporefish[/item], [item]Blackened Basilisk[/item], [item]Poached Bluefish[/item], [item]Golden Fish Sticks[/item]

STAMINA: [item]Buzzard Bites[/item], [item]Clam Bar[/item], [item]Feltail Delight[/item], [item]Talbuk Steak[/item]

HUNTER ONLY: [item]Sporeling Snack[/item]

TANK: [item]Spicy Crawdad[/item]
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: YOU ARE NOT PREPARED! - Food Buffs

How about sharing this love in the General Forum for all to see?
    Lub it on!!!

Comment

Yotion, the forums are public, everyone can see them, and they will be staying that way. If the powers that be desire to move this, so be it, but Tarenth did this specifically because our group is focused on using everything we can as an advantage.

*+reps Tarenth again*
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I'll send my response in private to avoid the guild drama......
        Lub it on!!!

Comment

Never really got around to updating this with the changes. The following are now avalible:

Farmable Meat:

[item]Serpent Flesh[/item] -> [item]Crunchy Serpent[/item]
          Previously Horde only, this is an alternative to Basilisk and Bluefin food. Meat is dropped by Felsworn Scalewings and Scalewing Serpents in Blade's Edge Mountains.

[item]Raptor Ribs[/item] -> [item]Mok'Nathal Shortribs[/item]
          Previously Horde only, this is an another stock +stamina/spirit food item. Meat is dropped by any raptor in Blade's Edge Mountains.

Fishing:

[item]Barbed Gill Trout[/item] + [item]Flask of Port[/item] -> [item]Stewed Trout[/item]
          Fished from still water everywhere and the port is sold by any drink vendor. While it doesn't provide any buff, cooking these will raise the price of a stack of trout from 1.6s to 40s. However at 3s10c each in mats for booze and spices the only real reason you'd want to make this instead of the normal blackened variety is to level cooking at the 325 or for a cheap and plentiful level 65 (7500 hp) food.

[item]Enormous Barbed Gill Trout[/item] -> 2 [item]Hot Buttered Trout[/item]
          Fished very rarely (1%) in any still water and pools. If you want to conserve bag space then you can't go wrong with the 2 for 1 trout shot. This recipe at 350 takes a once useless offhand worth 5s and turns it into decent food item.

[item]Huge Spotted Feltail[/item] + [item]Goldenbark Apple[/item] -> [item]Fisherman's Feast[/item]
          Fished very rarely (1%) in any still water and pools and the apple is sold by any fruit vendor. A replacement Crawdad if you can't fly up the mountains or be bothered with hunting mixed highland pools, the rare fishing rate will keep these is short supply.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Hunters:

[item]Buzzard Meat[/item] -> [item]Kibler's Bits[/item]

The recipe is a reward from the cooking daily. Where [item]Sporeling Snack[/item] provides +Stam, this provides +Strength.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

When running ZA, be sure to cure some of the Forest Frogs with the wands that drop. If you get a food vendor as a result, she'll have some of this buff food in stock at bargain basement prices. Food that will AH for 1.5g a serving can be purchased for 6s, so you can easily pay for repairs this way.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X