Crowd Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd Control

Well I was poking around WoWwiki looking for information when I was directed here for some more disscussion about various topics. Well zipping on down I looked into the thread on priest shackles in Karazhan and the use of +hit or +spell penetration gear.

The information there is pretty interesting.

Apparently it has been observed that crowd control in PvE has a 'heartbeat resist' check at 12.5%, 25%, and 50% of the spell's duration. The means that if you have a 60 second shackle there's a chance it will break at 7 seconds, 15 seconds, and 30 seconds. If it lasts the first 30 seconds then it will last the remaining 30 as well. This also means that if you reshackle constantly you are just adding more chances for the mob to resist. If you reshackle every 15 seconds then you are effectively giving the mob a chance to resist every 7 seconds. If you reshackle at 30 seconds then you give the mob two more chances to resist at the 7 and 15 second marks.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Crowd Control

Now that is interesting. I will have to test this out.

Wish I knew enough to write a mod that would give me a shackle "heartbeat" timer :)
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I think this is why I've heard priests say they try to reshackle every 8 seconds. If the spell lands, it has a chance of breaking at 7 seconds, but the priest is already mid-cast and the spell lands at around 8-9 seconds and the mob is reshackled...We try to have our priests reshackle every 8 seconds in the Moroes fight.

Comment

I reshackle every 3 GHs.
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse