Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention DPS Warriors!!!

I need your help with a question...

Considering the future and 25 man instances that are a step up from Karazhan...

What do you think the minimum spec for a DPS warrior should be for this sort of raiding.

As a starting point for discussion, consider this...

Unbuffed AP of 1,400, 8,500 health (with 2 hander), armor of 7,500 or so. In Defensive stance with 1 hand/shield, armor of 12,000...defense at 470+...health of 11,500.

As a basis for judging this, we need to consider what you'd look like with "most" of your gear being the epics from Karazhan (or their equivalent).
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Attention DPS Warriors!!!

Speaking as MissDelaney here...

There are Karazhan DPS Warrior plate epics? where? (I haven't really noticed any, short of T4.)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

First revision...taking into account feedback from the Warrior Forum...thinking these are minimums.

Attack Power =1,500
      Crit % = 25%
      Hit Rating = 120
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
        First revision...taking into account feedback from the Warrior Forum...thinking these are minimums.

Attack Power =1,500
        Crit % = 25%
        Hit Rating = 120
        Is that 120 hit rating for a DW fury warrior? or a MS warrior? Are we going to actually make a blanket guide for this?

Just wondering... As Delaney has something like 29% crit rating, and.. um. a 20 hit rating... She's MS/Flurry, and doesn't really miss all that much.

Also, if my ramblings aren't welcome in this discussion cause my warrior is an alt, let me know. :) just trying to help.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Attack Power =1,500
          Crit % = 25%
          Hit Rating = 120
          I wouldn't put those at the minimum, that is more of mid-range goal. 80%-85% of those should be the minimum. The crit rating is assumed to be in Bezerker stance.

As for tank stats, there is no excuse for not having 490+ def in some configuration of your gear. In my max def gear, I have 11.5k AC, 11k HP, ~33% avoidance, ~20%block, and 497 def. I have no drops from KZ. My lone KZ item is the rep based ring.
          Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
          MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
            Is that 120 hit rating for a DW fury warrior? or a MS warrior? Are we going to actually make a blanket guide for this?

Just wondering... As Delaney has something like 29% crit rating, and.. um. a 20 hit rating... She's MS/Flurry, and doesn't really miss all that much.

Also, if my ramblings aren't welcome in this discussion cause my warrior is an alt, let me know. :) just trying to help.
            Good point, my post is in reference to a MS spec'd DPSer. For a DW spec'd warrior the hit rating needs to be much higher. MS warriors tend to target a hit rating that yields a +hit of about 3%-5%. DW warriors need 10%-15% +hit.

BTW, I highly recommend using a gear set addon ( Outfitter or Itemrack ). I have about 10 different gear configurations set up for various encounters. All of them have a different balance of +hit, +crit, AP, AC, and HPs for maximizing my effectiveness in a group. For example, I have one specific for running heroics, it trades some +crit for more +hit. I have 2 sets for tanking, one that maximizes my +def for lvl 73 mobs that I have to tank, and another that gives me a liitle more stamina and avoidance for normal 5 man instances.

I tend to carry a lot of gear on me at all times and shift things around quite a bit to just a little more out of my character.

Comment

OK...trying again...

For Arms/MS spec (unbuffed) AP of 1,300+, +Crit of 25%+, no green gear.

For Fury/DW spec (unbuffed): AP of 1,300+, +Crit of 15%, hit rating of 120+, no green gear.

For both offensive specs, when in defensive stance/tanking gear should have 490+ def, 11,000+ health, armor of 11,500+.

For Prot Spec tanks (unbuffed), def of 490+, health of 12,750+, armor of 12,000+, no green gear.

Comments?
              Beep

Comment

For Fury/DW spec (unbuffed): AP of 1,300+, +Crit of 15%, hit rating of 120+, no green gear.
                DW still needs a high crit rate to keep Flurry up, 25% at least.

For both offensive specs, when in defensive stance/tanking gear should have 490+ def, 11,000+ health, armor of 11,500+.
                Very achievable without KZ gear. A good target for any DPS/OT.

For Prot Spec tanks (unbuffed), def of 490+, health of 12,750+, armor of 12,000+, no green gear.
                I thought this was about DPSers going into 25man content. Anyways, for a KZ geared warrior that is to low. A fully KZ geared warrior should be approaching 15k AC, 13.5k HPs, ~36% avoidance, ~25% block, and of course 490+ def.

The requirement of "no green gear" IMO is retarded. The rareness of an item does not reflect the quality or effectivness of a particular item. For example [item]Sylvanaar Champion's Shoulders[/item] are some of the best plate dps shoulders immeadiatly available.

Comment

Good input, Duck...anyone else???

I want to wrap this up in the next day or so!!

For Arms/MS spec (unbuffed) AP of 1,500+, +Crit of 25%+.

For Fury/DW spec (unbuffed): AP of 1,500+, +Crit of 25%, hit rating of 200+.

For both offensive specs, when in defensive stance/tanking gear should have 490+ def, 12,000+ health, armor of 12,500+.

For comparison...Protection Spec (unbuffed) tank will need 490+ def, 13,000+ health, 13,500+ armor, Dodge+parry of 32%+, Block 22%+.
                  Last edited by beep; 06-28-2007, 04:00 PM.
                  Beep

Comment

Hit rating of 200+ would be kinda hard pre-kara, but 150 is definitely obtainable.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Originally posted by Halten View Post
                      Hit rating of 200+ would be kinda hard pre-kara, but 150 is definitely obtainable.
                      Basically, we're thinking POST-KARA minimums for Gruul's Lair and beyond...
                      Beep

Comment

doh :P

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                        BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                        TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X