Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gruul is going DOWN lets see if i can help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gruul is going DOWN lets see if i can help?

so i was talkin to saj and gaviin and a few others that where there and i noticed a few people (myself included) on our first attempt in gruuls and in this attempt (not included this time) do something i think hurts the raid a little bit, this is not due to any ones fault if your like me and read the strat and listened to what the raid leaders said it just didnt sink in. here it is, moving on gruul... weird sounding i know, anyways
    Before ground slam happends you really dont have to move, if you are to close to someone prior to ground slam and ur ranged, you dont HAVE to move, me and gaze where figuring the numbers up

if 1 person does 300 dps and spent 20 seconds moving to avoid anyone that DBM or w/e other mod says you are "To Near", we are loseing 6k dmg in that 20 seconds, if its 10 people moving to avoid others prior to ground slam/shatter we loose 60,000 dmg in just a short period of time!!!

suggestion: when you run in to start gruul STAND YOU GROUND just stand there and damage in, do keep in mind tho to watch out for cave in's that should be the only time u would need to move prior to ground slam/shatter. since gruul does ground slam before shatter its a random "Knock back" there is no point in moving untell after he does it this saves healers LOS issues, Tanks 'pick-ups" and mana regen (shadow priests) this also adds the additional damage (if you do the math as well) to gruul that we seem to be lacking.

another thing is WE DOWN GRUUL THIS SUNDAY

please feel free to correct any mistakes i have made and/or add to this if u have any other comments
    Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
    "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
    Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Re: Gruul is going DOWN lets see if i can help?

Yeah, I agree with this. After looking at the WWS numbers I can see that I was spending too much time moving...cost me about 10% of my DPS over the fight. (I lost another 10% using Curse of Elements to support the mages rather than Curse of Agony, but that's obviously an overall win for raid damage.)

A minor tweak to what Xyris said. You can still run...just run while casting your instant attacks. When you're out of instant attacks, stop and nuke until the instants cool down again.

Seems like it's probably more important to get DPS started than to get spread out immediately. But the goal is still to get spread out fairly quickly, or we're just gonna die.

Gnopaine - Level 70 Warlock (Affliction)
    Scarpia (aka Edbane) - Level 70 Paladin (Holy)
    Ripoffron - Level 1 Auction House Hustler

Comment

Originally posted by Gnopaine View Post
      Yeah, I agree with this. After looking at the WWS numbers I can see that I was spending too much time moving...cost me about 10% of my DPS over the fight. (I lost another 10% using Curse of Elements to support the mages rather than Curse of Agony, but that's obviously an overall win for raid damage.)

A minor tweak to what Xyris said. You can still run...just run while casting your instant attacks. When you're out of instant attacks, stop and nuke until the instants cool down again.

Seems like it's probably more important to get DPS started than to get spread out immediately. But the goal is still to get spread out fairly quickly, or we're just gonna die.

im saying after he is engaged to stop moving so much :p on initial pull its fine to instant cast/dot as needed
      Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month

RAWR!!!

Comment

well, all I can say is that you need to say "Too Near" lol

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
          well, all I can say is that you need to say "Too Near" lol
          the problem is, b4 he launches us everyone is still trying to get away from evryone else b/c of the "to near" the "to near" is simply for when he is about to ground slam/shatter THEN u should be aware of ppl around u and the "to near" list :p

Quote Of The Month

RAWR!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse