WF vs. GoA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WF vs. GoA

Melee group benefits of WF vs. GoA have been debated on a number of forums and our own group has been experimenting with both the past couple weeks. I found a couple links that break it down; both pre & post windfury nerf. (Warning: math w/ rogue focus)

Pre-WF nerf
    http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/The-Ro...-IV-WF-vs-GoA/

Conclusion: WF > GoA under all conditions. Combat swords get more benefit from WF than daggers (sword > dagger).

Post-WF nerf
    http://www.gameriot.com/blogs/The-Ro...Windfury-Nerf/

Conclusion: It was definitely a nerf, but it seems to affect the sword spec (38.4k to 23k) more than dagger spec (32k to 24.5k). WF remains a better option for the melee group compared to GoA (WF > GoA).

In our experiments comparing WF vs. GoA the last couple Gruul attemps, the data reports seem to suggest that WF > GoA which also supports the conclusions on other forums.
    Last edited by Aeryck; 08-14-2007, 08:31 AM.

Re: WF vs. GoA

I'm not sure the effects of Windfury on Mutilate vs Combat Daggers, but I was comfortably doing a decent chunk of damage during gruul. Well, up till the point of dying.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

If I recall the dps correctly, the Sunday 8/12 WF night seemed to be a >30dps increase for me personally as a combat mutilate spec (41-20-0) compared to the GoA night.

Comment

I actually want to try GoA one more time, just to see if the ~90 dps increase (3 rogues, just goin off of Aerycks numbers) of a group outweighs the DPS from the entire group of 3 rogues and a hunter gaining AP and crit as well as me just gaining crit. I think the general rule is if you have 2 or more rogue/warriors, you drop windfury, but I'd like to see for myself just in case.

of course, WF will probably be better since poisons seemed to be in about 5 debuff slots anyway, so your mutilates were nice and shiny.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
        BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
        TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Oh I forgot to ask you guys.

I have a totem that reduces threat by 20%, stacks with salv for a yummy -50% threat. Would this be worth it use at all to you guys? I was thinking of making a macro that would drop that and then pop heroism, but meh, I'm just the totem-vending machine.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!

Comment

My numbers could be slightly off as I was just going off memory (couldn't find the earlier GoA data sheets). It could be a little higher than a 30dps increase & I was trying to be conservative. Having said that, I'm all for another round of experiments. However, I think w/ the 3 rogue, 1 hunter & 1 shammy group, it's going to be hard for GoA to come close, much less beat, WF.

Comment

Using the WWS Stats file for our best Gruul attempt (8 mins, Gruul Six)

First off, you are limited by the time Vio is up (7 mins 36 seconds) or you are up.

Gaviin
              35 Windfury attacks of 391 total attacks
              13.8% miss rate
              24% crit rate
              average hit 244dmg
              average crit 570dmg
              Windfury hits adjusted by miss = 30.17
              Windfury crits adjusted by crit = 7.24

Average Windfury DPS=(22.93x244)+(7.24x570)/456 = 21.31 DPS

Aeryck
              28 Windfury attacks of 440 total attacks
              11.5% miss rate
              22% crit rate
              average hit 248dmg
              average crit 552dmg
              Windfury hits adjusted by miss = 24.78
              Windfury crits adjusted by crit = 5.45

Average Windfury DPS=(19.33x248)+(5.45x552)/456 = 17.11 DPS

Shalt
              Time alive = 4 mins 40 seconds
              25 windfury attacks in 243 total attacks
              9.1% miss rate
              27% crit rate
              average hit 270dmg
              average crit 577dmg
              Windfury hits adjusted by miss = 22.5
              Windfury crits adjusted by crit = 6.08
              Average Windfury DPS=(16.42x270)+(6.08x577)/280 = 28.36 DPS

Just figured I would throw out the numbers :)
              Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Honestly, I don't think the -20% threat totem is worth it. Once the tanks get established, along with a mid-fight vanish, threat from the rogues is a non-issue. It's certainly not worth losing all that DPS.
                Ninja

Comment

I actually DO HAVE another option regarding WF vs. GoA...

Many shaman do a thing called "totem twisting". The Windfury weapon imbue is a nine second imbue from the totem, meaning that with a macro like:

Code:
                  /castsequence reset=8/combat/alt Windfury Totem, Grace of Air Totem, Stormstrike
                  I could actually give you both windfury AND the 88 agility. However, if we don't have a paladin judging wisdom, I would go OOM in about a minute refreshing totems every 8 seconds. I'd also have to find a way to time the weapon imbue, since I dont think we want to hear "Windfury's goin down" every 9 seconds on comms.

Comment

I'm in awe!!! You guys get the Geek Award for the day!!!:)
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                      I'm in awe!!! You guys get the Geek Award for the day!!!:)
                      Hey now, windfury is serious business! :D

Comment

Totem Twisting?!? OMG I thought I left twisting behind when I stopped playing my bard in EQ. Halten, welcome to the ultimate pain of carpel tunnel :).

Seriously, I did this for almost 5 years in EQ, I know the pain more than I care to express.

I think you would really need to look at how plopping totems effected your personal DPS as well though. Doesn't dropping a totem reset your swing timer?
                        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Halten View Post
                          Hey now, windfury is serious business! :D
                          Hey, don't I know it!!! My Enhancement Shaman has dinged 65, so I LOVE windfury.:icon20:
                          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                            Totem Twisting?!? OMG I thought I left twisting behind when I stopped playing my bard in EQ. Halten, welcome to the ultimate pain of carpel tunnel :).

Seriously, I did this for almost 5 years in EQ, I know the pain more than I care to express.

I think you would really need to look at how plopping totems effected your personal DPS as well though. Doesn't dropping a totem reset your swing timer?
                            It might, I never really noticed.

and I'm saying it's an option, not necessarily something I WANT to do :P.

Comment

Twist them totems, beotch!
                              Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse