Tanking macros

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanking macros

For what it's worth, I have been asked by a couple of folks what I have started doing differently to improve the ol' tanking. Mostly talking with Beep and with Sajier who offered up a few macro suggestions. Basically, Heroic Strike has been imbedded with the 3 main threat causing spells I use. They keep their respective icons so you won't be confused or forget what you are trying to hit. One of the main things as well is to pay attention to the cooldowns and keep recasting each one as the timer comes up. The buttons are positioned close together on my action bar so it is an easy thing to move from one to the other quickly. (Easy enough to key bind as well.)

Macro 1

#showtooltip Revenge
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Revenge

Macro 2

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Shield Slam

Macro 3

#showtooltip Devastate
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Devastate

So there it is. Nothing horribly complicated but they have definately been a help for me.

Level 80 Warrior
    Level 74 Priest

Re: Tanking macros

For those that think this might need a "/stopcasting" section, Heroic Strike works like a hunter's Raptor Strike.

In other words, it is "cued" up for use on the next melee strike. So macros like this are fine as long as you click twice...once to cue up the Heroic Strike, twice to use the Revenge/Shield Slam/Devastate.

I would suggest changing one thing though Shara. Due to rage limitations sometimes and also needing to quickly hit somebody with the Revenge/Shield Slam/Devastate, you may want to put in a modifier like holding shift.

#showtooltip Revenge
    /cast [modifier:shift] Revenge
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Revenge

This should work, but I'd have to test it on my hunter (with appropriate hunter spells). If you hold shift while clicking/keybind, it should temporarily ignore the Heroic Strike and jump to the Revenge. You could also replace the modifier with "[button:2]" and it would work on right click instead.

Comment

Re: Tanking macros

Thanks Talara. I will try that too.

Level 80 Warrior
      Level 74 Priest

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse