Mage Tatics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Tatics

One of the best way to kill a (Real) Players with no pets is to Confuse them...

Level 20+ - This move I use alot

When your dueling right when it starts Blink behind them and Freeze now get back but not to far to they can cast on u but not too close to they can melee u...Once you have this right start your casting. Finish off with instant spells.

When attacking a person like someone from the opposite Team like Horde or Alliance. Do the exact same thing but BE SMART about it.

This does not work with computer Enemies

Getting time to Cast....

One of the problems with a mage (Solo) is when your instant spells are used up and u cant attack except with melle (which sucks)

SHEEP (or if your a higher lvl Turtle and Pig)

When dueling and you want to start off with a big hit you might want to blink so you have time to sheep once there sheeped instantly start your big move..Like PyroBlast or FireBall or someother Big Hit moves. Then finish off with instant spells. (This may be harder if theres a pet involved Frost Nova them if possible.

When Your in Pvp you might want to to put up a shield so u have time to sheep (Solo) Then do the steps like i said above.

(If you don't know this already but Sheep means to use the move Polymorph)*

Some of the Greatest moves you should use forever are Evocation, Frostnova, and Blink

Evocation is usefull becuase is generates you mana 1500% more than usual, But its hard to do this while getting hit (8 min cooldown)

Frost Nova is helpfull when your in big groups or your running away ( Instant move but theres a 25 sec cooldown)

Blink is usefull when your confusing people, Running away, or getting to another place faster (if you dont have a mount)

Ok heres the last thing..i promise

MANA

Huge problem

Mages may contain the most mana in the gam at higher levels, but they also use it up the fastest too.

Use potions or use Mana Crystals that you can make to up your mana in battle.

BE MANA EFFICIANT DON'T USE BIG MOVES LIKE BLIZZARD UNLESS U NEED TO!!!!

Re: Mage Tatics

/cast frost nova
    /cast ice lance

grats, you win at mage. :P

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

I assure you that is quite difficult really.

Hit the PvP Battlegrounds and you'll eventually see some poor mage who hasn't mastered that art down as they jump crazily like a mad person spamming 200 damage ice lances at you.

Its even more amusing when they do it in melee with me and I'm slapping them upside the head with 1000 damage melee hits and 1700 raptor crits. As a hunter, that's not too damn bad.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Ya i wand mages on my druid for however much hp they have...1 shot...true story

pretty good for a druid aye?
        Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

It was a joke Tarenth...

a joke...

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
          BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
          TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

It was? I'm still getting ice lance spammed for 298 damage in PvP. -.-
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Huntards and Druids are overpowered in PVP....That is all

Only thing worse is a lock.
              "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

First, the best spec for a mage IMO is frost/fire. It gives you the CC that you need to keep your distance, while still allowing for those big hits. In PvP I tend to Spam Frostbolt as long as I can keep my distance. If the action gets close I tend to frostnova, gain space, and tossa massive FB (usually crits when I have them locked in nova). The blink tactic is useful, but only work in situation that are highly chaotic...I've found that most players know this tactic so it doesn't give me much of an upper hand.

In a duel I would say that the best tactic a mage should use is to save their shield for evocation. If you can gain distance and pull it off (assuming you have the 60% mana & 60% health) you will automatically have the upper hand.
                I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.

-Che Guevara

Comment

my net is slow so i lag often and die often when i first try to use a mage..
                  thats why i switch to str and melee type.. they have high hp and good def....
                  If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X