Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys,new here, Interesting Spec discussion (warrior)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys,new here, Interesting Spec discussion (warrior)

Hey everyone, im new to the WOW forums here, but i used to play wow about 9 months ago. I got about as far as SSC with my guild as the leading DPS warrior. Back then i was 33/28/0 Using T2 axe and i did pretty darn well. But as i was trying to get gear and got so overwhelmed by the drama in the game i quit.I posted here to get a mature response and ideas about different specs, im not a big fan of cookie cutter anything so i like to think out side of the box, and usually down the street :D

but this thought always stuck in my head...

Could there be a viable spec where using a Fast 2h wep?

now here me out.

I always like the idea of Haste and its effects are more viable on Slower 2h weps. IE 10% of 3.5 is alot more than 10% of 1.5. (witch wouldnt matter to a fast 2h, but thats what lead me to think of this spec.)

at the time my character's crit was very high, but i was lacking a bit of ap ( due to the axe spec ). switching over to Fury would solve some of it, and also get that threat buff that was new back when i was playing.

now the biggest problem with running 2h fury is the lack of rage to keep rampage up and running. and you loose the raid buff of the physical dmg, witch would help tanks and if ur mele heavy can make a little difference. but some people argue that going fury you willmake more dmg then the mele buff would provide.

so what i was thinking was using the Arena Pole arm, witch has a 2.2 swing time for a 2h. and running 2 different specs. This is only for PVE btw.

one u can run 33/28 and have that very high crit, get the buff and have DW, witch might work well crit dependent trinkets, stack that with haste ( and haste trinkets) you might be popping constantly with all the quick swings.

now you could run 20/41 getting impale and 3/5 of 2h wep mastery. then you have the imp zerker stance and imp WW w/rampage and a very fast swing timer on a 2h. and with the less static chance to miss with a 2h you will have more of an opportunity to stack other stats instead of limiting your self to items with alot of +hit. And you can keep rampage up. BT is great if you have the gear to support it.

now what i would love is to have a very fast sword and run 33/28 with that, i think it would be a killer spec with all the extra hits.

alot of the times when i post ideas they come out jumbled not sure why, but if anyone has any questions please ask, and also if anyone could add to this or say why its a complete failure please let me know lol.

-Mav
    lTG-6thlMavrok

Re: hey guys,new here, Interesting Spec discussion (warrior)

My "go to" spot for reliable theory crafting is here...

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/ That is their Class Mechanics forum that has threads for almost every class and spec with good analysis of what works.

For starters, I always assume the standard talent builds exist because they work. The have withstood the test of repeated trial and error by many thousands of players. There may be circumstances where varying a build to gain a specific talent point or two may be driven by PVP vs PVE choices...or even a specific boss encounter.

Bottom line, you can try a particular spec to see if it works for you. If you like it...and have some sort of controlled trial alternative as a basis for comparison...then you're a happy camper.
    Last edited by beep; 04-17-2008, 05:04 PM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrok View Post
      and also if anyone could add to this or say why its a complete failure please let me know lol.
      Bottom line.. this totally hoses the damage/skill rotation that is the basis for 2h dps builds.

Can you give examples of what your dps was before you quit playing? If so please include: group setup, buffs, and your stats.

What do you think your stats will be after the respec, with the 2.2 spd weapon?
      Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
      MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Originally posted by duck View Post
        Bottom line.. this totally hoses the damage/skill rotation that is the basis for 2h dps builds.

Can you give examples of what your dps was before you quit playing? If so please include: group setup, buffs, and your stats.

What do you think your stats will be after the respec, with the 2.2 spd weapon?
        unforchantly i have quit playing.... it was just too detrimental to my life. but i still enjoy thinking about specs.

i guess i should see if i can get a standard for the equation because there are just to many variables

mostly the fast 2h spec would rely on trinkets popping.

i figured this wouldnt work its just something that got into my head and i wanted to get it out... although i think it would work well sword. maybe going dw with swords and MS, who knows.

-Mav
        lTG-6thlMavrok

Comment

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

interesting dual sword spec....

i would try this spec with the 2.2 pole arm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...000000000#none
          with that 5% crit buff you can up your AP for BT.

heavy 2h spec, depending on weather you want BT
          http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...000000000#none

i wonder if theres anyone who would try these out so my brain will rest lol
          lTG-6thlMavrok

Comment

wow im still up on the armory
            http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dhoof&n=Mavrik

32% to crit was way to high, never hit that during raid
            lTG-6thlMavrok

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed