Hunter Macro Needed...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Macro Needed...

According to WWS it seems I've unintentionally gimped my DPS sometime in the past and I think I should get around to fixing that.

Here's the problem:
    I need a new macro to automatically use kill command when its CD is up and I crit.

In the past I just added the line
    Code:
    /cast [target=pettarget]kill command
    in a macro for every single DPS skill I use.

Unfortunately that had the side affect of 'hanging shots' if the target was killed before kill command could trigger. Since the macro would never finish, it wouldn't allow any autoshots until I got a crit off a special shot and then triggered the kill command. Obviously not being able to autoshot cuts into DPS 'a bit' and after I, like a noob, nuked my WTF folder without backing up my macros I made plans to look for a better set up, but never got around to it.

So without using kill command my pet DPS hovers around 150 which is a far cry from what it could be. I'll probably respec for GFTT as well so I can focus dump with claw every crit as well to boost my DPS even higher.

With those two changes I 'should' be able to push 300 pet DPS which would be a nice 150 DPS increase overall.

Any of the macro gurus out there able to supply a good kill command macro that doesn't have the 'hanging shots' problem?
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Hunter Macro Needed...

This is what I use, only on Steady shot: (notice the nodead and exists...might be what is tripping you up.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /equip Sharp Arrow
    /cast [target=pettarget,nodead,exists] Kill Command
    /cast Steady Shot
    /use Earthstrike
    /equip Blackflight Arrow

Comment

Glad to see it worked...???

Comment

I don't know. Need to check out the WWS report for last night and that report still needs to be validated by Gav.

Didn't have any hickups with the macro though so all's swell on that front. ^_^

On a different note: You still swap arrows for your shots?

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Yes, though I don't play him much, so it's almost a non-issue now...and with Daily Quests, it's even more so. I might be dumping that part of my play style.

Comment

Humm...after using it in BT for a few nights I had one instance where I suffered a 'hang up' with the macro that was quite annoying. I think it was because the mob died while my pet was about to use kill command that caused me to go into the non-firing status. The second mob died before I could get a crit and trigger the command, but once I switched to a mob with a different name (hang up was on a pack with 2 champions) I started firing normally again.

How bizzare.

Comment

odd indeed...dunno what would be causing that, or more correctly, how to fix it. Most likely it is the pet target dying as he's tring to use the KC...like you said. A new target, in general, should fix it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X