Raid addon comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid addon comparison

I've been looking at the suggested addons in the recent recruiting apps, and see oRA2 and Deadly Boss Mods. (I've been using Omen for quite awhile.)

I'm using a lot of ACE mods, so I'm wondering how DBM compares to BigWigs. (Neither of which I've used.)

Right now my group on Eldre'Thalas is running Kara and we did an AQ20 last weekend with 7 70's, wiping a few times and giving up for lack of time when we got to Buru.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Raid addon comparison

I used to use BigWigs, but have since switched to DBM, which I think is simpler and easy to use. I've kept with DBM because they seem to update sooner post-patch.

My "Raid" Addons:
    Grid - Raid Frames (Very Highly suggested)
    oRa2 - Tank Frames
    DBM - Raid Warnings/Timers
    Omen - Threat Meter
    xRaidStatus - Raid Status and Raid Buff Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
      I used to use BigWigs, but have since switched to DBM, which I think is simpler and easy to use. I've kept with DBM because they seem to update sooner post-patch.

My "Raid" Addons:
      Grid - Raid Frames (Very Highly suggested)
      oRa2 - Tank Frames
      DBM - Raid Warnings/Timers
      Omen - Threat Meter
      xRaidStatus - Raid Status and Raid Buff Monitor
      I've recently switched from DBM to Bigwigs, since I'm always updating the other ACE mods anyway. Other ACE favorites: Bartender3, Cartographer, cyCircled, DHUD2, Fubar, PerformanceFu, LittleWigs, Omen, oRA2, Pitbull, sct, sctd.... I guess all except Outfitter, DoTimer and NECB:)

Comment

I have a program called JUpdater that updates all my WoWAce mods with one push of a button...I can also add some non-WoWAce mods to also be updated if I provide alink to where they are on Curse, etc.

Comment

Can't forget Atlas and AtlasLootEnhanced. Not exactly raid specific, but it helps the chronically lost get from point A to point B and if plotting amongst those of the same class for drops its a handy reference tool for what drops where.

Personally I use DBM, Omen, and CT/CTRa for basic raid stuff. CT is mostly for the cleaner buff/debuff readings and the other stuff it offers.

Everything else I use the WoW Vanilla pull outs for since they have a simple and easy to spot debuff, health, mana, and life monitoring ability. In fact (since so few people use CTRa now to share cooldown information) the only thing I use CTRa is for an 'at a glance' perspective on the raid set up and buff status.

Oh yeah! DBM has a whisper report feature that's rarely used. Handy for people on the sidelines since you can whisper a command line and get raid status and boss status info automatically on the fly.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X