No announcement yet.

Be all the <insert class here> you can be!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be all the <insert class here> you can be!

Unless you're willing to do enough experimentation and math to make going for a college degree seem like pre-school work, it's safe to say that you'll resort to using mods, programs, and spreadsheets taking the words of others as law.

If you're doing neither the leg work or the book work...well...then you suck. I'm sorry, you just do. You're probably not doing as well as you think you are and can do so much better.

Experience will take you far.
    Research will take your farther.

Now if you want a nice 'catch all' starting point something I found mentioned on the WoW boards and I'm playing around with would be Rawr.

Its a graphical program that lets you play around with gear, talents, and enchants to see how best to min/max your character out. So far I'm using it limited to gear checking and only after running my own numbers on paper myself, but that's me. The comparisons are nice and easy to read and see when comparing different enchants and builds, but it does use the 'big brother' approach and assume you're doing the 'best possible' where 'best possible' is never explained.

Two other issues with it is it uses .NET 2.0 which (on an empty computer) took almost 7 updates to get up to speed and working. Also it uses the soon-to-be-implemented epic gems that will probably show up in patch 3.10 with the Uldar raiding instance which skews results with gemmed gear a bit since EVERYTHING is better with epic gems.

If that's not your cup of tea and you want something meatier then you can't go wrong with Elitist Jerk's Forums on class mechanics. A forum for every class and (probably) a spreadsheet download in some sticky post that'll do with Rawr does in every forum (but with more letters and numbers attached). If you want debates on just what 'best possible' is...this is where to go.

Everyone can use a little nudge in the right direction from time to time so I seriously suggest playing around with Rawr or doing some light reading ('light' being relative considering the amount of math and experimental sets involved) on EJ.

Yes, I know. You're being assigned self-study and homework for a game. A game you pay to play. Isn't life funny that way?
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Be all the &lt;insert class here&gt; you can be!

Sounds like a neat mod! thanks T :-)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed