To ensure that the ribbons system runs more fluidly and consistently, TacticalGamer has created the Awards Manager position; and we are pleased to announce that Oniell121 will be serving in that role!
For those of you that don't know, the old process of fielding ribbon-nominations, getting them in front of the appropriate admins for voting, and then awarding the ribbons was a VERY labor intensive process behind the scenes. As you may have noticed, this has lead to a lot of inconsistency in how often ribbons are awarded.
The Awards Officer is challenged with the following goals:
- Clearing out the current backlog of ribbon nominations
- Creating a new, more streamlined, less labor-intensive mechanism for processing ribbon nominations.
- Refreshing and maintaining admin-voting guidelines and working with GO's to ensure timely admin voting.
- Maintaining up-to-date ribbon descriptions and all other awards-related 'documentation'
- Encouraging community awareness of (and participation in) the awards system
This is a lot of work, so please give Oniell your thanks and full support!