No Crysis 2 demo for PC owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Crysis 2 demo for PC owners

Just thought some folks might be interested.
    Link:
    No Crysis 2 demo for PC owners

After what we went through working with Crytek trying to get the Obsidian Edge mod going, I won't be buying Crysis 2, but I'm guessing some will.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: No Crysis 2 demo for PC owners

I wonder if it's really EA pulling the strings or the decision from Crytek themselves. I think regardless it is stupid that Microsoft can buy developers out with exclusive demos. Really? Demo exclusives?!

Comment

Stupid people. Stop using "piracy" as an excuse. No wonder why so many of us real customers (that includes some of the future game devs like myself) are so angry/frustrated over the state of the games industry.

Well since they're gonna be kids over releasing to the PC because of "piracy", I won't buy the title at all. So there, EA and Crytek, you've lost another customer in addition to Bamboo.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think it's just the evolution of gaming. The console is so much simpler to just play, that many people prefer console gaming to the PC. You don't have to check requirements, you don't have to adjust settings, you don't have to update drivers for this or that. Typically the console is on the bigger better screen with the bigger better sound system with the most comfortable seating. The only argument is the keyboard offers more buttons, but most console's accept a keyboard so even that isn't as big of an issue as people make it. The mouse > than the analog stick. However, since everyone is rocking the stick its not a significant issue.

I have the luxury of doing both PC and the two major consoles. I find it harder and harder to justify buying a game on PC. In fact most PC gaming I do is retro from gog.com . The FPS stuff is just so much easier to deal with on the console, no hardware or software conflicts, no looking for servers or connecting a comm system, just fire it up and go.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Actually before everyone gets all fired up, I have a good suspicion that it's to test the 360's capabilities. My son did a beta on the game awhile back because of both consoles (ps3 and 360) the 360 is the "least" pc like. They know it will run on ps3.....the xbox is the wild card. He had to do several stress tests throughout the beta, and some of them were not so hot:). don't automatically jump on the "they screwed pc" boat. From what I can see that demo is the final test so they can tweak it to playable for the xbox
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I would say the PS3 is the least PC like. The xbox has a decent video card and runs like a slightly mid range PC. The PS3 has lower video card memory but relies heavily on it's 8 synchronous core processors. Don't get me wrong the PS3 can do some amazing things when actually built for it. But it's totally ahead of it's time in the CPU department and 2 steps back with it's video card.

This thing reeks of Microsoft dropping a suitcase of money off at the developer's doors. It happens all the time and it sickens me that game developers sell out like this to their fans.

Comment

Actually, the Xbox is the most PC like. MS pushes that constantly to Devs. Programming for the PS3 is supposed to be one of the hardest things ever, and you can google and find tons of major devs complaining publicly about it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X