X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 2 to get PC multiplayer demo

http://www.gamepron.com/news/2011/01...ayer-demo-too/

a game demo worth a try to see what the graphics are like

also the kinda game worth trying before you open your wallet, it could be all graphics and no game, or maybe good after all, a free try on a demo will help decide

Re: Crysis 2 to get PC multiplayer demo

I cannot stand the Multiplayer on the XBOX... Probably because I have no idea how to use the controller.. Gie me a Mouse and Kepboard and we shall see.. I kinda liked the Crysis Wars Multi-player last go around..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Not sure why we needed a separate thread about this since we already had a Crysis2 PC demo thread that an admin could have changed the title of.
      But yeah, it looks like PC is getting a demo now:
      Crysis 2 PC multiplayer demo to be released after all

PC owners will in fact be able to play a pre-release multiplayer demo for developer Crytek's upcoming shooter Crysis 2.

While a multiplayer demo for the game was released for the Xbox 360 earlier this week neither EA nor Crytek at the time announced plans to release a PC demo. Late on Thursday, however, the official Crysis Twitter page stated the good news: "At this time, Crytek & EA are glad to confirm that we'll be releasing a pre-launch Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on PC! Stay tuned for details." Meanwhile the full game is still due to be released on March 22.
      Here is a really good video you can get in HD of the multiplayer:
      Crysis 2 trailer makes you be all you can in multiplayer

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I was coming back to say that other thread is now a moot point. We'll see how the demo pans out before I go and add it back on my wish list.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I cant wait for this game its going to be in 3D from what I hear its going to be amazing in 3D but the downside is I want the game for PC but I cant do 3D on my PC only my PS3 I really dont want to buy it for PS3 but I may have to its going to be epic.

|TG| Plude220

Comment

1st March demo for Crisis
            http://botchweed.com/pc/crysis-2-pc-...ing-1st-march/

Comment

It starts today
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Still has a lot of console portitus in there, "Press Start" to begin playing.... hrm... not a good sign.

Comment

My quick review after playing 4 or 5 matches:

The multiplayer is yet another Call of Duty clone except this has suit powers thrown in to the mix. There's some potential in the suit powers. Being able to toggle different functions like increased armor, nano vision or stealth depending on what situation you're in is kind of neat. The graphics are also pretty nice, particularly on the "hardcore" graphics setting.

Oh yea, about those graphics settings... maybe this mp demo isn't indicative of the finished game, but so far this is suffering from some common consolitis issues. Off the top of my head:

-Graphics settings are limited to a low, "advanced" and "hardcore" setting. no options in there to tweak anything yourself, just three presets. terrible.

-mouse acceleration is on and there's no way to turn it off in the menu. it's not definable either. hopefully there's a .ini file somewhere that we can open and edit ourselves although this really shouldn't be necessary.

-no aim-down-sight toggle

-server browser is clunky and inaccurate. many servers showed up as a "0" ping for me.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed so far. Multiplayer gameplay being a COD clone isn't really what's bothering me. I pretty much expected that and wasn't really looking forward to Crysis 2 for the MP anyways. What kills me is that I was really hoping Crytek, formerly a PC-minded developer, would give us a genuine PC game in spite of the fact that the game is multiplatform. While the graphics will not disappoint, instead it looks like we are going to get something that has many of the shortcomings of a console game ported to the PC.
                  "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I guess the Crysis sub forum got removed?????
                    Anyways, I've played a bit and I have to agree with Voodoo. There isn't a lot that looks promising. Spawns are horrible as well..... Feels just like Black Ops to me.
                    I love Crysis's single player though so hopefully that will be good.
                    Aliases - BF2142: A_Dead_Duck
                    - BFBC2: A_Dead_Duck
                    - BF3: Shade54

Comment

I kind of enjoyed it after I got on the better side of the learning curve and turned the mouse settings waaaay down. Still haven't figured out how to customize my character after I unlocked it but I will play with it this weekend a bit and see what I can do.
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Just going by game play I've been really enjoying it. While playing for a bit yesterday I was trying to figure out why. When it hit me or better yet hadn't been hitting me. The lack of rockets and noob tubes so far makes this game more fun.

Now If I can just get a group to work together on purpose.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I for one love what they done with the multiplayer I tryed hard to like CryWars but it just wasnt fun to me I could go on and on about what was wrong with it but ill just talk about crysis2.

First off the maps so far are just the right size not too big not too small great for 16 player im sure thier will be biger maps but hopefull not as big as some on crywars this was one of crywars downfall is maps made for 60 players and only 16 on them it would take 10 mins to find someone.

The new way to use your nano suit is much better than before you dont have to swap to "speed" or "strength" as long as you have energy you can jump high and sprint and swaping from "armor" and "stealth" is a breeze.

Yea doesnt look like your going to be able to swap to Fists for some bare knuckle brawling anymore but you can still use you gun too head butt people.

I personaly like the custom weapon layout they really had to go with it for it to work they didnt have it in crywars because they didnt have as many weapon attachments in it as this one has so thier not "copying MW" like everyone says it was the only logical way to make the game work expecially on multiconsoles.

This is just a beta demo of course its not perfect and it doesnt have all the features im sure when the game is released you will be able to customize all your GFX and Mouse settings so dont worry.

All in all i think it going to be a awsome MP and SP game no matter what console your playing.
                          |TG| Plude220

Comment

I started playing it; this is my first time with a Crysis game. It's pretty fun, though I'm still no good. Runs well on my low-end system even though it takes forever to load maps.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X