Realistic WW2 HL2 Mod - RNL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic WW2 HL2 Mod - RNL

Hey guys, You probably don't remember, but I player a bit of your server on BF2142 and played on your Arma 2 servers last summer.
    I want to bring to your attention a mod that I play frequently. It's called Resistance And Liberation. It's a HL2 mod so as long as you have a source game, you can download it for free.
    It's great fun and I have spent countless hours on it - the only problem is, it's main coder does not have a lot of spare time and cannot get a lot of coding done, and the servers seem to be empty. It has an aiming system similar to Arma, and also features voice chat that can be heard by anyone within hearing range, and it lowers depending on how far away you are and it has deployable mg's. It has a really good community and lots of fun and intense moments. I suggest that you all give it a shot, and try to get more players because often all the servers are empty and a lot of people don't even know it exists.
    And if any of you reading this are good source modders or are good programmers and enjoy this mod, then please help the dev team by applying. The more features they add to this the better it will get, and unfortunately I am not skilled enough to do this.

Anyway sorry for the essay, but I just really want more people to play on this mod, and you guys are the sorta people who make this game fun.

SilverSpeed

Mod Site:
    http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/

Re: Realistic WW2 HL2 Mod - RNL

Thanks for the heads-up. Being the World War II junkie I am, I am downloading it now.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I'll give it a try. Downloading now.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks SilverSpeed, downloading now.
        We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

First impressions are very good. Now we need a full server of "our" guys to give this a spin. The game mechanics reward team play and the first try in the available server team tactics and comms were in full display.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Seems like a pretty cool game. I have to agree with Bronco.. we need a US based server with a bunch of TG on it. The only server I could find was based in the UK I think, and had some mic spamming retard running around singing and killing anything that moved.. mostly friendlies.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, A full server would be great. There's a steam group right now called Resistance and Liberation High Activity Announcement Group that is there to announce whenever a server has more than 18 players, because so few people play it now. Getting a bunch of TG guys on would fill up very quickly I'd think.
              Glad you like the game tho, hopefully now there will be a few more players on it.

Edit:
              Also just to make sure the experience is enjoyable, theres a bit of a bug when you spawn where the animations are all screwed up. What you do to fix this is either:-
              -Try to ADS, and then press shift(or whatever your sprint key is) and forward to start sprinting, This should fix it
              -Switch to another weapon, 3 is grenades adn classes like MG Gunner have a pistol which is 2

That will fix the animations. So you all know :)

Comment

When I search for "Resistance and Liberation High Activity Announcement Group" I get:

"No group or player records were found matching your search terms."

With the animation bug, I have found that the only fix for me is to switch to the nade, then back to the primary weapon. Fixes it every time.

sigpic

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RnLHAA That's the group.
                  I think we should just arrange to go on, or you should just go round all the chat rooms in your teamspeak server, and ask anyone if they want to dl and join. And get a huge game going. It is truly epic with some tactics and 32 players.

Comment

Downloading now, hope its fun.
                    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

I played this game well over 2 years ago in it's Alpha stage. Very good mod, highly realistic.

I'd recommend this game to anyone who enjoys PR or ARMA II.
                      |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                      Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                      We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                      And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                      He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Too bad every time I join the 1 server thats up and has people on it, it's filled with TK'ers, idiots, and non-objective playing pubbie tards. Sweet game in theory; spawn camped pub fest in practice.

If any TG'ers are planning on playing, lemme know.

sigpic

Comment

Should we look into setting a date to all get together and give this a proper spin?

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                            Should we look into setting a date to all get together and give this a proper spin?
                            I would definitely be down for that.

sigpic

Comment

Pick one and I'll check my calender LOL
                              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement