no DX-11 for Crysis 2? :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no DX-11 for Crysis 2? :(

so i woke up and went online to see if there is any update about DX-11 patch for Crysis 2. guess what? i found this page and it seems like we are not going to get DX-11 for Crysis 2 :(, this makes me sad and mad Crytek just went all console fanboy ape$**t with Crysis 2.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/03/...ing-later-thi/
    AKA: FoxDelta

My PC.
    Case: NZXT M59,
    ASUS Mother Board M4A77D,
    AMD Phemon II x4 3.2GHz ,
    GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
    DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
    PSU: Crosair 650w
    Res 1920x1080

Re: no DX-11 for Crysis 2? :(

I have read the forum page they refer to and I believe you need to take a look at the forum post the article refers too. Crytek has not said no DX11....what crytek did say is the rumors a certain website was posting about the release of a dx11 patch being released yesterday are completely false. There have been several tweets from the crytek team actually hinting about DX11 goodies in the future. And to top that all off your install of crysis 2 already has DX11 files in it.....look in your root folders to find them. To many of these so called "gaming sites" are reporting falsies before they even know the true story :)

here's an article from IGN
    http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153248p1.html

in a nutshell Crysis 2 will support DX11.....they just never said it would be at release :)

I would assume since the framework of DX11 is already in the game(because the files are there) It will come as DLC. Perhaps they knew the launch was going to be pure chaos and are holding off on all the bells and whistles until they get the first batch of bugs cleaned up.....of course that last part is just my opinion.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

good feed for crysis news
      http://n4g.com/news/730706/crysis-2-...ze-of-crysis-1

currently crysis have not confirmed or denied that dx11 is coming for PC
      Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 03-29-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

So it will probably be another Age of Conan. Game shipped with DX 9, with promises of DX10 being made before beta, during beta, on the box, and after release.. took them a little over a year before a betatest DX10 came out to live servers.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

this is driving me nuts because i have the game but i do not want to play it until they get the DX-11 patch out. because with me i will be like. i passed the game already why play it again even tho it might look better?

and hey Bis haven't seen you in a while :)

My PC.
          GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
          DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
          Res 1920x1080

Comment

News article (unconfirmed) said DX-11 will be coming

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/C...14942-585.html

My PC.
            GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
            DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
            Res 1920x1080

Comment

Originally posted by acsam View Post
              this is driving me nuts because i have the game but i do not want to play it until they get the DX-11 patch out. because with me i will be like. i passed the game already why play it again even tho it might look better?

and hey Bis haven't seen you in a while :)
              ascasm have you played the sp at all?.....I only ask because its frigging gorgeous!!! I seriously have seen only 1 other game that looks better in SP and that is MOH using DX11.....even then it's a very negligible difference. I think it looks as good as the original crysis except for the water, and even then if you tweek the AA and AF settings you can get pretty damn close with the crispness of the image. I guess what I am trying to say is you will see hardly any difference with DX11 compared to what you have now.....you will see less Frames per second though :)
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Seriously. Considering the game is running on DX9 and looks absolutely gorgeous is astonishing. Play it now.

Comment

yeah i have. but im slowly playing it because if there is a DX-11 patch coming out soon. ill love to play the game on DX-11 for the first play through. bot replaying it and know whats going to happen in every corner. but you right for a DX-9 game is it really something and i get 60FPS with my GTX 570 :). but i have to sale because i owe money to the IRS now :( $295 with shipping ^_^

My PC.
                  GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
                  DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
                  Res 1920x1080

Comment

Connect

Collapse