Nuclear Dawn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Dawn?

Anyone else kind of interested in this game? If it is done well, I think it may resemble how we played 2142.

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
    sigpic

Re: Nuclear Dawn?

Hmm, I'm not feeling the 2142 vibe from what I've seen in the trailers and screenshots. I get more of that vibe from Section 8: Prejudice.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've been keeping an eye on this game for quite some time now. It seems interesting enough, but would rather wait for reviews or a demo.

Comment

I think this game will suffer the most from when its released, its going to get eaten alive by RO2, BF3 and MW3.

Comment

I agree, I really wish it had released 2-3 months ago, but yeah, the triple AAA titles will overshadow this release. I was hopes of playing it though, sure does look fun.

Comment

A trailer
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsVT47OwTxw

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
            sigpic

Comment

I really hate that trailer... I had given up on ND, but now I think I'll have to check it out. :)

Comment

I have already preordered and know a couple of others too.
                Im really hoping this to be a good game and it has potential but those other games will take players away from it. But perhaps it will get enough players to keep it alive for some time that people will try it.
                And the prize is right.
                sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Some interesting things about vehicles and dlc.

Wheels on Ice

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 12:32 — Igor

As the pre-order and closed beta phases loom ever larger on the horizon, we have been testing Nuclear Dawn with both Valve and our own external QA team, to drag the game through the last stages of Alpha as fast as possible.

While playtest results are extremely encouraging, after consulting with experts and Valve themselves, we have decided to leave vehicles out of the initial release of Nuclear Dawn.

There are many reasons, but they all boil down to ‘not enough time before release’. The game is in feature lockdown mode, and there simply is not enough time to tweak the physics and net code to the degree that we require to fully realize our vision of vehicular combat.

All vehicles are currently implemented, with models and animations, as perfectly adequate, average machines. Average however doesn’t cut it, and until we’re able to fully invest the time that vehicles require to be an awesome combat experience, we prefer to leave them out of the initial packaging, and instead focus on getting everything else up to the standards that we set for ourselves.

The rest of Nuclear Dawn will not only remain untouched, but will also be better for this decision, allowing us more time to focus on the core gameplay, class-based tactical combat and RTS commander roles that truly lie at the heart of the game. Not having to focus on vehicles at this moment will make Nuclear Dawn a more powerful product, as we hunker down to forge an unforgettable combat experience.
                  Originally Posted by Silverfell

We had to remove several advanced gameplay mechanics from our 'to-do' list, because deadlines had to be met, landlords paid, starving families fed.

Those features (most notable advanced game modes, and AI, along with at least 2 extra maps we had originally planned) will be released as free to download DLCs after release. Not a week after release. Not a day.

Vehicles require the largest chunk of surgery to the engine and physics system, and so will only be released if the game is doing well enough to justify the investment in time and resources.

Our DLCs will remain free for... as long as we can make them so. We always hated the fragmented communities that are born out of games with paid DLCs that not everyone bothers to get. And we're going to release those two DLCs come hell or high water (we'll make them from the streets, covered in newspapers, leeching internet and electricity from seedy cafes, if we have to). Vehicles are conditional on the game receiving a level of user support that makes that kind of long-term commitment possible.
                  Question/Answer thread.

Steam forum.

Oh, and it has a commander and 6 man squads.
                  Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

I just know with the lack of any kind of TG support, this title won't be very fun on the public servers. It's a shame.

Comment

I'm sure they'll lose some interest due to CoD and BF, but overall I don't think they're after the same core audience. BF and CoD are both fast paced shooters, whereas ND should offer a more tactical and in-depth experience. That and the price point being around $20 should lead to this game being able to stand on its own despite what other shooters are about to hit the market. It's an entirely different experience, and one that will have greater longevity.

Comment

Has anyone picked this one up? How is the game play? Also, how are the bugs, is it playable?

Comment

I'm probably going to pick it up when I get home tonight.
                          "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

@Totalbiscuit
                            I am playing a crapton of Nuclear Dawn at the moment, simply because for better or worse, it reminds me of Savage and Planetside

@Totalbiscuit
                            While I enjoy playing it, Nuclear Dawn has more bugs than your average anthill

If it still has an good following, I'll prolly pick it up at some point. Give it a chance to age... like wine.

Comment

It's a fun game to play, but stil needs a lot of improvements. If you liked BF2142 you might also like this game. The only bad part for now is that an end game can ruin a fine match and the lack of good servers (there are a few).

The game doesn't have SquadVoIP but TeamVoIP.
                              You have a commander who can give attack/defend orders.
                              You can't spawn on Squad. Instead the commander builds Spawnpoints.
                              It has 6 maps.
                              One gamemode for now.
                              No vehicles, but they might be added by an patch.
                              They are working on SDK.
                              Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse