Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer 40K Space Marine

A bit surprised there isn't a thread yet since the game comes out in just over two weeks. Anyone else anticipating this game?

After playing the demo I have to say that I'm super excited about the single player campaign. My opinion on the multiplayer is still up in the air since its only 8v8 with three classes.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: Warhammer 40K Space Marine

It looks like a tonne of fun, but I doubt I'll buy it any time soon. Too many games!
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I am eagerly waiting for the public demo to get released on the 23rd to see for myself :)

Comment

I have the game and am thoroughly enjoying the single player campaign. Anyone on TG playing the multiplayer?
        -Z.

Comment

I'll pick it up when the co-op patch is released

Comment

After my 6 hour campaign I turned the the MP just to try and see. It turned out to be good, a few OP things but a solid 3rd person shooter. Don't expect a lot of depth with only 5 maps and quick and brutal 8v8s. Over all it really is just console MP but it is still fun to play especially if you love building shiney marines. The weapon and class systems work nicely allowing to build a class to specific role. Depends on the match but some classes start to get spammed, all ASM or tons of Devs. Last note P2P is no fun ever but the lag can be there or game play can be nice and smooth, just depends on the host and other players.

Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I am having a blast playing Space Marine's SP campaign on Hard difficulty. I really feel like a Space Marine as I blast and cut my way through the Greenskin horde.

In my opinion I wish they didn't even have a MP component to the game so they could have spent more time on SP content and really making the experience as high quality as possible. My reason being is that the MP in Space Marine is just a slugfest with almost no team coordination (unless you are playing with friends of course). I just find this kind of MP very boring after playing MP games like Battlefield, Arma2, SC2, and League of Legends which either noticeably benefit from team coordination or require a bit of finesse and strategy (as in SC2's case). But to each his own, and I will probably be checking out the MP side of Space Marine, though would not have been any less excited about the game if it had been released without MP.
              Last edited by Jetheren; 09-14-2011, 07:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I liked the demo, but I'll only buy it when it's cheap. Too short and MP will disappear quick.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X