• Show
Clear All

• ET: Quakewars

New Trailer is out
    http://www.enemyterritory.com/
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Re: ET: Quakewars

looks pretty interesting. i might have to look into the game when its out. keep teh forum updated :)

Comment

Can't wait for Quake Wars. I just hope it gets a good TG crowd if not its cool. RTCW and ET were some of the few multiplayer games where you could find teamplay on public servers.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

i love quake i think the quake 2 setting is gonan make this game stand out from all the rest. LONG LIVE QUAKE AND ID SOFTWARE... even tho they are not really the guys who are developing it but its their idea

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
        Delta MICS
        Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

OMG, that looks fantastic!!
          What looks like the Doom3 engine in the Strogg storyline - taking us back to the initial invasion - awesome! :)
          Did you notice how similar it was to BF2 ?? hehe, even the shock paddles.

The thing I'm hopeful about here is that id is going to do BF2 again, their way, and show DICE how it OUGHTA be done.
          "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
          - Lazarus Long

Comment

Wow. That looks freaking awesome. My two favorite games of all time combined: Quake and ET.
            |TG|MileHighAko
            |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
              Did you notice how similar it was to BF2 ?? hehe, even the shock paddles.

The thing I'm hopeful about here is that id is going to do BF2 again, their way, and show DICE how it OUGHTA be done.
              Actually most of the things in BF2 have been done in Return to Castle Wolfenstien and the first Enemy Territory. Enemy Territory was supposed to be an expansion to RTCW but it didn't work out to well so they released the multiplayer part of the expansion as a stand alone free download. (Activision FTW.) Anyway some of the things BF2 borrowed from RTCW and ET are. The idea of no med and ammo packs on the map in RTCW and ET medics would heal you by dropping med pack (each pack heals 20 points of health) and could revive you with a syrine. Ammo was dropped by Lietenants or Field Ops as they were called in ET. ET also had squad but it called them fireteam and there was no voice over IP hopefully Quake Wars will have it. One of the things I am happy about is that they are gonna have persistant characters. In ET your characters would gain XP and level up giving you access to better abilities. (An example would be having a syrine that revives a player with full health and Field Ops getting a 2 for 1 special on air strikes.) Also the maps in Quake Wars and ET and RTCW are objective based.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                Also the maps in Quake Wars and ET and RTCW are objective based.
                Objective based maps are sorely missing in BF2.
                |TG|MileHighAko
                |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

I am suprised they didn't go for objective based maps. Isn't Special Forces supposed to have obj maps?
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X