Blacklight Retribution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklight Retribution

Has anyone given this game a try yet? The Open Beta period just started this past Monday and the game is really a lot of fun. It's a fast-paced shooter, quick-twitch skill based, but there's a lot of teamwork and strategy involved as well. For such an action packed game it still has a nice methodical feel to it. The other core aspect of the game is the customization and the ability to define your own class.
    Once the game picks up there should be a lot of clan battles and events going on, so it would be nice to see a TG outfit represented over there.

Check it out

www.playblacklight.com

Re: Blacklight Retribution

This sounds interesting, how are the map sizes??
    sigpic

Comment

They're fairly big, but you'll find that CQC combat is most typical when playing. Though, there are sniper load-outs that you can use and some maps that lend their selves well to sniping. But, I wouldn't expect any engagements over ~50-80 meters.

Here's a nice vid I found discussing some of the tactics to TKOTH.

(some mild language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buczJ...m68NwlNyeVrbTD

Comment

I can't like it. I gave it a try as it seemed kinda 2142ish. I do like the power body armor (name escapes me atm) thing being much like a walker. But the whole F2P microtransaction/rent stuff for a day model is a big turn off.

Comment

Initially I didn't like the micro-transactions either, but it's pretty easy to perm unlock the gear you want with GP. Plus, with each level you get a bonus pack that includes various equipment that you can unlock for 3 days. So as long as you hit one level every 3 days (which is also easy) you'll have plenty of good equipment to play with. In the meantime you'll be building GP until you can afford perm.

Comment

this is kinda late but this game just went live on steam, i dl'ed and played, am and lovin every second :D the customization i like alot. I dont think theres one game where i havent been in the top 3 :p lol
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I just downloaded it and will give it a try. Anyone else still playing it? I imagine, that you will need a lot of TG minded player to turn this game into a fun thing instead of a public server fragfest
              His capacity for love lost, the man accepts it into his glas of dispair. The Flames of burning anger unquenched, the man keeps drinking... but never gets drunk
              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about it as I like futuristic shooters, but I'm not really a fan of twitch based shooters.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Currently trying to register for this game, having some issues with it. I've just sent an e-mail to support so we shall see what comes of it.

From what I've seen so far (mostly TB's vids) this game looks surprisingly good.

Comment

I've played a little of it since I went on Steam. I really like the Ghost in the Shell-esque / Cyberpunk setting, and the way the weapons handle feels nice and unique, particularly with the higher hip spread, higher spread on full auto, and lower ADS move speed. I'm not a fan of "renting" unlocks though. That's part of what got me sick of Warrock several years back. At least they give you the option to permanently unlock an attachment (for a higher cost), but it still just feels lame to me. There's also a lack of coordination in pub play, as there just aren't the mechanics in place to assist your teammates that there is in the Battlefield games for example. CTF is a little better I've noticed, as most players do a very good job of covering the device carrier, but everything else just feels like TDM.

That being said, I'm curious to see how it is when played with friends or other TGs.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Ive played a few rounds and I like it. Hope to get some games with you guys it could make it even better if there was somekind of teamplay.
                      sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I got my account sorted out, definitely up for a few games with TG'ers if there is interest. Steam name is 'paintscratcher'.

I've only played a few games thus far, but from what I have seen up to this point the game is surprisingly good. Not sure about the sounds though, the guns I've used so far sound annoyingly underpowered. Even the hard suit sounds like its firing peanuts, minor gripe but none the less.

Has anyone managed to get the friend system to work? Me and a buddy were trying to get ourselves into a game using the system and ended up resorting quick refreshing the server browser.

Comment

ingame Name is FoxInsanity, feel free to add me ingame :) Almost lvl 10 by now and already got a Scope and a Weapon perma unlocked. Game is fun if you play it with friends but every other game mode than TDM leaves me in a situation where I permanently ask myself what my team is doing here and if they do not understand any other game mode than TDM.
                          Looking forward to play this title with TG.
                          His capacity for love lost, the man accepts it into his glas of dispair. The Flames of burning anger unquenched, the man keeps drinking... but never gets drunk
                          sigpic

Comment

Come looking for me, sirnerd is my name as usual.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I'm in BLR as well. Name is Greyed (natch). Liking it so far. I, too, wasn't too keen on the rental but, really, at just shy of 200 per match and premade weapons at 200 for a day you basically can keep a premade unlocked until you build up something you want. Even then I've had a blast doing what I did in the early days of BF2142. I was 2 years too late to the party and joined TG to call home. What's a soldier with 0 unlocks to do? Pick up someone else's. ;)
                              "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X