Wow! What a blast! Got some questions for you BF vets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! What a blast! Got some questions for you BF vets

Just wanted to thank you guys for a great time last night. What a hoot!

Just doing some surfing and noticed there's some pretty neat looking mods out there for BF1942. Any thoughts of playing with the Galactic Conquest (Star Wars mod) or any others?

Also, anyone tried that merciless sound and graphics update? I'd like to know if it's worth it...and if it's compatible for online play with dudes without it.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Got links?

I remember hearing about the Star Wars mod, and it sounded pretty cool, but I haven't seen anything since it's been completed...

And I've never even heard of the Merciless update...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Desert Combat, 24/7!
      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I played the Galactic Conquest mod when it frist came out and it had serious lag issues. They have some very large models in it that really bring down the frame rate. Besides that i didn't much care for the feel of it either.

Desert Combat on the other hand is by far the best out there. I think it even has a larger base than the normal BF servers.

As far as some of the other mods (ActionBattlefield) I don't much care for mods that just tweak variables in the game and add just a few extras here and there. If I play a mod my pref is for all out mods like DC and EoD.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I haven't seen the Merciless mod lately, but it was similar to ActionBattlefield in that it only tweaked some variables to make the game more "real". My problem with that is Real doesn't necessarily mean Fun. And one persons Real is not necessarily everone elses idea of Real.

Given they were the first to add blood and other cool sounds, but it just wansn't enough to get a very large base to play it all the time.
          flux
          [tg-c1]

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks.

Cingular, here's the link for Galactic Conquest:

http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/index.php

and here's the Merciless Mod:

http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/me...ctions/bf1942/

Looks like I'll hold off on these though. I've got the DC mod...what a great piece of work! Let's get it on!
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Seriously. Can whoever's running the show over there get DC running on this server? We'd get a LOT more people that way.

Comment

blah, vanilla BF1942 is all we need :P

Comment

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
                  Seriously. Can whoever's running the show over there get DC running on this server? We'd get a LOT more people that way.
                  We've got members that can't run DC, that do play vanilla BF...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

If we get enough draw from the DC servers (the bf servers just aren't cutting it), maybe apo could put up 2 seperate servers.

I'm sorry, but what's better: Getting 50 new members from DC, or staying with vanilla so 3 more of us can play?

Comment

I'm sorry, but what's better: Getting 50 new members from DC, or staying with vanilla so 3 more of us can play?
                      We've run DC in the past and it didn't get much more action than our plain server... I just don't think the benefit is that great...

(It is much more fun, though....)
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

If we get enough draw from the DC servers (the bf servers just aren't cutting it), maybe apo could put up 2 seperate servers.

The server was pretty full the other night with just plain vanilla BF1942 so how can you say that BF1942 is not getting players when it has shown to do so?

So which is better, letting 3 members of TG play or getting 50 pubbies that probably only came to the server for the low ping? :?

Comment

Eh. I would like to see DC on here still, though. Can't we fix the problems that people are having with dc?

Comment

I prefer vanilla BF & Road to Roam maps... but I understand some people like DC. I like some of the Bahsra maps in DC but not much more. I wouldn't mind seeing DC once in a while.

I don't know if this is possible, but could there be a compromise of having DC one or two nights a week? Can that be automated?
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

I just fine BF just a little slow and outdated, Nothing is better than a full DC server, Multible levels of combat. Onfoot Atitanks, massive tank battles, mid air dogfights(much more uptempo than 1942) And the addition of the Helicopters is a great median between the tank and jets. They allow for large troop movement(groups) and great firepower.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X