GRO anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO anyone?

Does anyone play Ghost Recon Online??? It's free to play, but if anyone plays just let me know your IGN, mine is DocFinley

Re: GRO anyone?

I do but you will have to wait for some time, ill send you a message when i can play :)

Comment

DL'd and tried the game for a few rounds. So far not my cup of tea. The gameplay doesn't reward points for point captures or holds, everything point wise is geared towards kills (or lack of deaths). Other than 1 person who had a mic, everyone else used chat for coordination (or largely ignored attempts at a unified squad strategy/tactic). Not living up to TG standards thus far. Probably a issue with the general pubbie mentality. Hoping to get a group of TGers together and try this again.

I spent a majority of my time defending the objective with the other mic-enabled player. Everyone is running around trying to rack up kills. When they were forced onto a objective, there was no one trying to push or flank, just sat there behind cover shooting away. Also a badly biased sniper to other kits ratio. The enemy teams I faced had literally a 50%+ makeup of nothing but CQC snipers with long range sniper rifles. Ugh.

Of course matters are not helped by the fact the weapons are practically useless beyond 40m if trying to do controlled bursts or full auto. I had to resort to switching my AR to semi and doing double taps with 3 second pauses in between just to take down guys at a "medium" range away (50m to 100m distance).

I bought $10 worth of GC and they haven't even showed up in my account. Still waiting on their support to reply to my ticket. Hopefully I get the GCs or get a refund.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Tried this in beta, deleted in about 5 minutes and never looked back. Considering that GR was a team based tactics oriented game and the players tried to turn it into CoD (and it doesn't fit the run and gun style in my book), I left this for others to "enjoy".
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Got the GC at last. Apparently it takes 24-72 hours according to their support. So if you were to invest in GCs and were hoping to get in on a sale of items, more than likely by the time you get your GCs credited, you would have missed the item sales. This is the only microtransaction game that does not reward your credits immediately, poor job by Ubisoft.

Did a few more rounds. Managed to get a few more guys with mics, unfortunately, they were more gung ho about killing guys that trying to capture a point or help defend it. One guy told me he'd watch my back and then disappear and walk into my line of fire to try and kill the guy I was shooting at. I'm about to uninstall the game and add it to my "never recommend" list.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X