Titanfall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanfall

Whom besides me can't wait till March 11th? I want the addictive game play of COD without having to buy another COD game. The genre has gotten a bit stale and this really looks to freshen things up. The hype machine seems to be 11 on this game but from everything I've seen it's justifiable.

http://www.titanfall.com/
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Titanfall

I'm excited. Saw the E3 trailer and was instantly hooked.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Wow that does look good
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm so very excited! FINALLY COD has evolved, a much needed change! I'm totally going to be buying this, we've got five months, fellows. Plenty of time to enjoy BF4 before this comes out.

Comment

Im keeping my eye on this one!
          sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
          "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I saw the trailer on one of TotalBiscuit's weekly commentary shows and I was hooked as well. I might have to give up my EA boycott for this game.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Two new Titans

Ogre:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...world-premiere

Stryder:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/r...world-premiere
              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

http://m.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/01/20/t...round-for-long
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Ive been watching that video and this seems very fast pace and balanced. I am going to definitely get this for PC and hopefully the dedicated servers come up day one.
                  Questions about those who deserve it!
                  "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I was on the closed alpha. It is going to rock! Beat anything I played on XB1 so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy View Post
                      I was on the closed alpha. It is going to rock! Beat anything I played on XB1 so far...
                      Great to read. Can't wait for this game! This is going to fill my void for a needed refresh of the COD style gameplay and the BF 2142 sequel we will probably never see.

I've read rumors about a beta so hopefully it's in the works. Seven weeks out until launch I'd think we'd see one mid to late Feburary. Maybe not, but hopefully.

Here's another hope to dedicated servers. Guessing it won't happen but would enjoy playing on a TG server. Filling a 12 player game shouldn't be difficult around here :)
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I can't say much about it but I can say that I even for an alpha build it was beautiful as well as exhilarating gameplay!

Comment

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ng-in-february
                          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I have to admit the math seems weird on the number of players. 6v6 with mechs would be 24 'member' players but they quoted a max of 48 with AI. So unless there are an additional 12 AI with mechs then the number is wrong. And if there are 12 AI, why not just open slot for human players instead and reduce the computing overhead?

Open Beta additional: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...alentines-day/

Comment

I've read they settled on that number not for technical limitations but for game play reasons. My guess would be, say, 12 by 12, 12 players with maybe 8-10(out of 12) Titans on the map at once just got to be too much. The gameplay is COD with COD style maps, smaller, narrower streets, alley ways, etc. Having 6 Titans trying to get down the same street with 3 opposing Titans around the corner, it sounds cool but how would it play? I'm sure they tried all numerical combinations and that number played the best.

One of my biggest gripes with COD was spawning and immediately dying. I think this was due to the fact on some of the modes the player count was too high. That and the kill streak awards which only added to the frustration. Hopefully with a lower player count in Titanfall this won't have as much of an impact on gameplay.

The bots, from what I've read, are used as almost cannon fodder and to help less skilled players - like me - to gain points quicker in a match. I believe(?) you have to gain points to acquire a Titan. The better players would simply getting be getting them more often and quickly. It be like the acquiring of Kill streaks in COD, if you weren't getting 30-50 kills a round you were constantly on the receving end of a better players kill streaks without ever having the opportunity to use them yourself.

But what do I know, I haven't played the game. Glad there is a beta on the way so we can give it a go.
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed